Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: endless talk this week about how Romo chokes REPEATEDLY..could someone break it down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm watching what Skip has been saying and he is getting owned.

Keeps blaming Witten for why Romo fumbled.

I saw that... He was getting mad too.. like he knew his argument was bogus but kept at it anyway..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: endless talk this week about how Romo chokes REPEATEDLY..could someone break it down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
but his seem to happen when the pressure is higher (national game, end of the season, playoffs). It may be a little over the top and overstated (much like lebron the choker is), but there is some merit to it.
I agree there is SOME merit to it...

but IMO it is WAAAAAYYY over blown
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I don't blame Witten obviously but it really does suck to know that if he just runs one more yard into the endzone Romo is viewed as genius and Dallas wins...

game of inches
Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #19
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I'm not going to say he isn't a choker anymore after that game...he DID choke

but this week I have heard a million times about how this has been an on going struggle from Romo, his choking...how he does it OVER AND OVER AND OVER...

today Skip Bayless (yeah I'm a fan now lol) defended Romo...he asked someone to break down Romo's choking...

everyone points to THREE games:

1.Seahawks muffed snap (sigh, THIS is the real reason he has the rep, it is his defining moment so far)

2. New York Giants playoff loss...(Dallas was the favs here, and they lost...Giants went on to win it all, I guess the Brady choked too)

3. Vikings playoff loss...(Dallas got crushed here and the oline was gone...also THE VIKES WERE THE FAVS TO WIN!!!...I fail to see how Romo choked this game)

so am I missing something here?...where is the "REPEATED CHOKING"?...people act like he throws every single game away...it just isn't true...

until that game against the Jets...his entire choking rep came from THIS:

^^^ there is his rep...that is where it came from

NOT 100 choked games...ONE GAME

people really need to stop acting like he throws every other game down the toilet...it just isn't true

You say right here that he choked away 2 playoff games and you still DONT see why people call him a choker??? Answer me this, how many times have Rodgers, Brees, Brady or any of the elite non choker QBs lost a playoff game because they muffed a snap or something dumb like that? Nobody is saying Romo chokes every single game, they are saying he chokes far more often than virtually every other NFL QB.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1

When they played that I died laughing. Classic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #21
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
You say right here that he choked away 2 playoff games and you still DONT see why people call him a choker??? Answer me this, how many times have Rodgers, Brees, Brady or any of the elite non choker QBs lost a playoff game because they muffed a snap or something dumb like that?
all the f*ckin time dude

PEYTON ENDED THE F*CKIN SUPER BOWL ON A PICK-6!!!!

can you even imagine if Dallas somehow made it to a Super Bowl and Romo did that?...He would go down as the biggest choker in the history of sports.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #22
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
all the f*ckin time dude

can you even imagine if Dallas somehow made it to a Super Bowl and Romo did that?...He would go down as the biggest choker in the history of sports.

You could argue that peyton manning is a bit of a choker too and I wouldnt disagree.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
all the f*ckin time dude

Peyton has a ring tho and many other comebacks and a great career where he's been everything on that team... he has something to balance his failure against.. Romo doesnt
Old 09-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
You could argue that peyton manning is a bit of a choker too and I wouldnt disagree.
every elite QB has lost on thier shoulders at some point...

Ben put up an absolte stinker Sunday...where the is all the talk of Ben???

Orton f*cking just straight dropped the football on the ground by himseld and the Broncos lost...the oinly people that give a shit are Bronco fans, no one else even cares or knows...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Peyton has a ring tho and many other comebacks and a great career where he's been everything on that team... he has something to balance his failure against.. Romo doesnt
3 straight wins against your Eagles...including a post season win

or maybe McNabb choked?

Romo doesn't have a ring, but he has certainly led Dallas to MANY wins
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

Orton f*cking just straight dropped the football on the ground by himseld and the Broncos lost...the oinly people that give a shit are Bronco fans, no one else even cares or knows...

Oh stop it already... Romo is held up by some as this elite Qb put he doesnt have the resume that the others do...

People are still waiting to see Romo shine forreal.. HE had a shot on sunday night and blew it in the spot light.. He'll get criticized for it..

I mean, who threw more playoff season ending picks than Brett Favre? But Brett also has amazing comebacks on his resume that balance out the chokes...

Big Ben, Peyton, these guys have resumes that keep them from being labeled for the mistakes they make...

Romo is held out there, but he chokes more than he saves the day...

You know if they are questioning somebody like Eli? they are gonna give it to Romo
Old 09-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

Ben under pressure, in big games, crunch times had made plays. Romo hasnt.

Ben is defined as a clutch QB.

Your arguments rival Skip Bayless, they simple make no sense whatsoever.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #28
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
3 straight wins against your Eagles...including a post season win

or maybe McNabb choked?

Romo doesn't have a ring, but he has certainly led Dallas to MANY wins

Alot of people think McNabb did choke... I dont, but I think the Eagles offense as a whole needed to change and it has..

Alot of QBs have led their teams to MANY wins... doesnt make them elite QBs
Old 09-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:

yes every elite qb has choked at some point or another in their career... romo just does it WAY more often than the other elite qbs. Ben is not always consistent but he has avoided choking enough to earn two rings, and nobody gives a **** about Orton I thought we were talking about elite QBs. Yes there are plenty of scrubby choker qbs... Alex Smith probably chokes as often as Romo...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Oh stop it already... Romo is held up by some as this elite Qb put he doesnt have the resume that the others do...

People are still waiting to see Romo shine forreal.. HE had a shot on sunday night and blew it in the spot light.. He'll get criticized for it..

I mean, who threw more playoff season ending picks than Brett Favre? But Brett also has amazing comebacks on his resume that balance out the chokes...

Big Ben, Peyton, these guys have resumes that keep them from being labeled for the mistakes they make...

Romo is held out there, but he chokes more than he saves the day...

You know if they are questioning somebody like Eli? they are gonna give it to Romo
it isn't thier resume it is just the rings...thier resume as far as W/L is probably not different than Romo at all...

I AM CRITIZING ROMO for the Jets loss...that pick to Revis was just a flat out choke...HE LOST THE GAME, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT...I'll be the first to say that...

I am just sick of hearing people acting as though this is something he does every other week...that is the first time Dallas has ever blown a 14 point lead in the 4th in our history, obviously that doesn't happen often
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: