Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: endless talk this week about how Romo chokes REPEATEDLY..could someone break it down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
yes every elite qb has choked at some point or another in their career... romo just does it WAY more often than the other elite qbs. Ben is not always consistent but he has avoided choking enough to earn two rings, and nobody gives a **** about Orton I thought we were talking about elite QBs. Yes there are plenty of scrubby choker qbs... Alex Smith probably chokes as often as Romo...
there aren't plenty of scrub chokers...

Alex Smith has probably never choked cause he isn't good enough to get the team in a winning spot to begin with...

that is like saying Jamarcus Russell was a big choker...no he never had a lead to choke away...

Ben played on a scrub level this week...worse than Romo...but it will never be viewed that way by the public
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #32
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: endless talk this week about how Romo chokes REPEATEDLY..could someone break it down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it isn't thier resume it is just the rings...thier resume as far as W/L is probably not different than Romo at all...
You're joking...right?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Alot of people think McNabb did choke... I dont, but I think the Eagles offense as a whole needed to change and it has..

Alot of QBs have led their teams to MANY wins... doesnt make them elite QBs
I'm not calling him elite...he hasn't earned that title yet at all

I do think he has the tools to be that in the future though...
Old 09-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
You're joking...right?
uh no...

Romo has a lot of wins dude...13-3 in 2006
Old 09-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #35
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
uh no...

Romo has a lot of wins dude...13-3 in 2006
Romo is 39-22 in his career. You said those guys' resumes as far as W/L probably aren't different than Romo's. Those "guys" in the post you quoted are Ben, Peyton, and Favre.

UR JOKING RITE? Go check their W/L totals. Romo only has 9 wins more than Vince Young, a lower WIN %, yet you think his W/L totals are on par with Ben, Peyton, and Bret?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #36
DuMa
Canned

a guy that is trying to win an argument is using Skip Bayless as his only ally? good luck there buddy. and yes Romo is Mr choke in football. until he wins a SB with decent stats, he will always be perceived as one. accept it.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #37
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Romo is 39-22 in his career. You said those guys' resumes as far as W/L probably aren't different than Romo's. Those "guys" in the post you quoted are Ben, Peyton, and Favre.

UR JOKING RITE? Go check their W/L totals. Romo only has 9 wins more than Vince Young, a lower WIN %, yet you think his W/L totals are on par with Ben, Peyton, and Bret?
not joking post all of thier W% please

39-22 is a pretty high W%
Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 PM   #38
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

K well I can see it isn't as high as Peyton or Ben but is as high or higher than Brett...

it doesn't matter they are similiar...all well over 50% winning...the main seperator is the ring, which was my point
Old 09-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #39
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
K well I can see it isn't as high as Peyton or Ben but is as high or higher than Brett...

it doesn't matter they are similiar...all well over 50% winning...the main seperator is the ring, which was my point

Eli Manning has a ring.. he got laughed at when he tried to say he belonged in the top tier...

its not just the rings... Its the total resume of these players..

If somebody says peyton is a choker, a supporter can run off a bunch of games where Peyton got it done in the clutch

If somebody says Eli? You could mention the super bowl, but he hasnt done sh*t since and people are waiting for more evidence from him..

it isnt just the rings....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #40
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

here is the point. All those other qbs in that class have some balance. Sure, they may have thrown a pick6 to end a game (even in the superbowl), but they have also rallied their squads to great victory. I cannot recall Romo ever doing that in an important late season game or playoff game. Thats the point, there is no balance to his record in high pressure situations. Also, big difference between a pick 6 and a botched snap or hold.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #41
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
here is the point. All those other qbs in that class have some balance. Sure, they may have thrown a pick6 to end a game (even in the superbowl), but they have also rallied their squads to great victory. I cannot recall Romo ever doing that in an important late season game or playoff game. Thats the point, there is no balance to his record in high pressure situations. Also, big difference between a pick 6 and a botched snap or hold.
A pick-6 is much worse IMO!

those other guys don't even hold for their kickers...that wasn't even a QB's main job...throwing the ball is, which is why that Jets INT is unforgivable...

Romo does have a post season wn btw as well as very important clutch wins...
Old 09-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #42
tpols
we already won

Romo is sort of like Dirk Nowitzki in a sense. He got a choker label put on him for some big moments where he choked.. but for Dirk it all went away when he won a ring[and was very clutch in doing so]. Thats what Romo is missing. He has the production, but he doesn't have it when it matters.. which is why the cowboys, despite being one of the most stacked teams in the league year in and year out, have only won one playoff game in over half a decade.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #43
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
cowboys fell apart in 2008 ending with that blowout loss in philly. romo didnt play up to standards in any of those 3 losses to end the year.

They fell so apart that they beat the Eagles in the playoffs the very next season.

Romo has been the constant factor during the Cowboys failures, regardless of all the players who have come and gone
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #44
tpols
we already won

Like.. when has Tony Romo ever struck fear into you guys as fans when playoff time comes around? Every year I have an intuition when I watch certain games. When you see Tom Brady, or Big Ben out there.. you know they are going to make a play. The mid 2000s patriots and steelers would ALWAYS come through in the clutch. When you saw Brady get the ball at the 30 with more than 90 seconds left and the score differential under 7 points.. you just had a feeling that he would lead the team down the field. And he almost always did.

Whether or not i get that feeling of dread watching an opposing QB come onto the field KNOWING he was going to drive successfully down the field is what tells me whether he is clutch or not. And I have zero fear watching Romo step onto the field for a key fourth quarter drive.

The fact that you[p tiddy] equated a under 2 minute drive with a random halfcourt shot just proves you have no understanding of what clutch really is.. or you're bullshitting and being stubborn just trying to defend your QB.. probably a little bit of both.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #45
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

hes a choker. deal with it
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: