Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #1201
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,282
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Indiana's sometimes starting PG Verdell Jones just went down with a knee injury. Non-contact, just collapsed to the floor, looked bad.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #1202
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Indiana's sometimes starting PG Verdell Jones just went down with a knee injury. Non-contact, just collapsed to the floor, looked bad.

Wow. He has played quite well for them late in the season. He's their fourth best option to score and best coming off the bench.

I'm bored and have the next two days off....I think I might do my own seeding for fun. Haven't done it in 4 or so years.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #1203
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,688
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
There aren't 37 at large teams in the country that I would pick over UConn, but the criteria for the committee obviously isn't simply the eye test. I still would be surprised if they didn't get it. They still have better computer numbers than a lot of other bubble teams and the committee does take the eye test into consideration. Two close losses to the second best team in the country means something to them.

MSU got in as a comfortable 10 seed with 14 losses last year.

And those Baylor uniforms make Oregon's look run of the mill. lol


UConn's in. Don't see how they don't make the field.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #1204
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan
 
UtahJazzFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,157
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

I love conference tourney time. Just the time to finally watch some of these games and look like I know what I'm talking about!

Looks like Drummond showed up again today?

Such a shame that Weber State lost to Montana last night. Wanted to see Lillard in the NCAA tournament, but maybe this will give the Jazz a chance to draft him.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 03-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #1205
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
StateProperty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMore, MD
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck



StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #1206
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,282
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I love conference tourney time. Just the time to finally watch some of these games and look like I know what I'm talking about!

Looks like Drummond showed up again today?

Such a shame that Weber State lost to Montana last night. Wanted to see Lillard in the NCAA tournament, but maybe this will give the Jazz a chance to draft him.
Jazz'll have 2 lotto picks right? They want Lillard he's theirs. Definitely makes a lot of sense for them.

If I'm the Lakers I'm doing whatever I can to try and get a pick high enough to get him. He'd be great next to Kobe.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #1207
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,195
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Jazz'll have 2 lotto picks right? They want Lillard he's theirs. Definitely makes a lot of sense for them.

If I'm the Lakers I'm doing whatever I can to try and get a pick high enough to get him. He'd be great next to Kobe.

interesting tweet from https://twitter.com/#!/draftexpress


Quote:
I asked a GM if Damian Lillard will go lottery. "He should but no one will have the balls to take a guy who played at Weber State that high"
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #1208
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,688
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Teams doing a remarkably lousy job closing out games that should be done.

Quality of offense in college hoops has gone south so fast it's hard to believe. Unless it's a run out or a 3, very few seem to have a clue how to execute in the half court. Far better at the "mid-major" level than the star studded AAU teams.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #1209
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,282
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Ohhhh man, thought that Gates heave was good
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #1210
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

I don't get commentators sometimes. G'town player called for a block and after the replay from above, both commentators say it looked like a charge and simply say it's a tough call for officials, but implied the wrong call was made.....even though in that replay you clearly see that the G'town player's ENTIRE left foot was inside the semi-circle.

Is it that hard to see on those small monitors? lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #1211
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,430
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

I guess Lville will always have a spanish PG under Pitino?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #1212
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Werewolfbottlenosedolphin
Posts: 4,100
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I guess Lville will always have a spanish PG under Pitino?

Garcia was my favorite (well, and the best by a considerable margin too).

That team in 04-05 was awesome. Loved Taquan Dean. When he hit a big shot I'd yell out "Taekwondo!" So gay, yet so awesome......ly gay.

The only Louisville team I liked as much was 02-03 when Garcia and Dean were freshmen and Reece Gaines was the star. The battles between Gaines and Louisville vs Wade and Marquette when they were both still in Conference-USA were the best in the country.

If you remember, Gaines was more heralded than Wade even at the college level until perhaps their junior years I'd say. Then they were viewed as even, but by their final year, you could tell Wade was gonna be something at the next level and people were iffy about Gaines.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #1213
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,430
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Yeah those Baylor colors were terrible. Ugh.

Jamal Franklin shot at the buzzer reminded me of John Wallace from Syracuse shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Garcia was my favorite (well, and the best by a considerable margin too).

That team in 04-05 was awesome. Loved Taquan Dean. When he hit a big shot I'd yell out "Taekwondo!" So gay, yet so awesome......ly gay.

The only Louisville team I liked as much was 02-03 when Garcia and Dean were freshmen and Reece Gaines was the star. The battles between Gaines and Louisville vs Wade and Marquette when they were both still in Conference-USA were the best in the country.

If you remember, Gaines was more heralded than Wade even at the college level until perhaps their junior years I'd say. Then they were viewed as even, but by their final year, you could tell Wade was gonna be something at the next level and people were iffy about Gaines.

Agreed

Taekwondo

My fav Lville player was Dejuan Wheat
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #1214
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,477
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

45-45 after regulation? Are these really two NCAA tournament teams? And I thought UNC played like crap offensively a few weeks ago when they scored 54 against UVA.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #1215
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,282
Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

So if Cal wins the tournament the Pac 12 is probably a one bid league. That's crazy.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy