Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default Iz Ben Gordon athletic/clutch?

Ok I think he'z kind of a clutch player because of what he did to Knicks.

But how come he'z not ever mentioned with Wade and all of them.

His arms look cut, is he strong?

Most people tell me he'z a weak guy and has to shoot from the outside.

And last but not least, is he athletic.

Personally, I think he's kinda quick but not so sure. How about his vert.

I've never seen him dunk live, but i recently saw a mixtape of him getting his head six inches below tim.

Take his 6'2" stature and go to 114" 40" vert.

doubt it
Old 06-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Gordon

He has some hops just doesn't use it much in games. He won a dunk contest as a college senior. He threw one down between the legs left handed. He's kinda quick. I would use the word, "Shifty". His handles are pretty good. His quick shot release is what makes him hard to guard. On the fast break he just doesn't seem as quick, he lacks burst. In the half court game it's another story. One on one, he's deadly. If you give him a pick to work with, GAME OVER! If he could only play killer D, he'd be an all-star! His D in his second year was way better, but I don't ever see him being great on D. I stood next to him at a game and he's exactly my height. Over 6'3" with shoes. Name one guy at that height that is or was a lock down defender at the 2 spot. His burst, handles and quickness will always allow him to get his shot off, but never quite a highlight reel or a lock down defender.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

no
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

1) Gordon is VERY athletic. He's a basketball player with the build of a running back, and the vertical leap of a high jumper. He's also just as quick as Wade.

2) Unlike Wade Gordon has a nice jumpshot, which is not exactly the best thing to have as a scorer. He falls to often into the 'Vince Carter disease' of settling for jumpshots instead of attacking the basket. If Wade had greater range on his shot he wouldn't nearly be as effective as he is now.

3) In order for Gordon to stay on the Bulls longterm he's going to have to be more aggressive on his drives to the basket. His PPG average would be comfortably in the 20s if he would just get some more free throws. Defensively he'll never be that great so he has to make up for it with his scoring. Fortunately for him Hinrich is a great defender that can make up for some of his defencies on that end of the court.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

wat the hell kinda thread is this??? this is the dumbest question ever.....
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #6
Bill Swerski

He's a great shooter, and that's it.

He's already as strong and quick/athletic as he can ever be, and he's already as good a shooter as he can be.

Even with lots of work, he can never defend NBA 2's due to him being a f#@kin' midget.

Dude's shoulders are that of a 5'9" man...

...the only reason he's above 6 feet is that big-@ss horse head, and that long neck, wierd posture.

F#@k Ben Gordon, I say trade him while his stock is high, and play Rodney Carney or Andres Nocioni @ off guard, Deng @ small forward, Drew Gooden @ PF, and hope Tyson Chandler pans out, but draft Saer Sene, just incase Chandler stays in b!tch-type mode.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #7
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default sdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
He's a great shooter, and that's it.

He's already as strong and quick/athletic as he can ever be, and he's already as good a shooter as he can be.

Even with lots of work, he can never defend NBA 2's due to him being a f#@kin' midget.

Dude's shoulders are that of a 5'9" man...

...the only reason he's above 6 feet is that big-@ss horse head, and that long neck, wierd posture.

F#@k Ben Gordon, I say trade him while his stock is high, and play Rodney Carney or Andres Nocioni @ off guard, Deng @ small forward, Drew Gooden @ PF, and hope Tyson Chandler pans out, but draft Saer Sene, just incase Chandler stays in b!tch-type mode.

Devin Harris > Ben Gordon (in college)

Ben Gordon > Devin Harris (now)

Ben Gordon >>> Devin Harris (future)
Old 06-22-2006, 12:10 AM   #8
Bill Swerski

Swerski's opinions>>>WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith's onions...
Old 06-25-2006, 01:17 AM   #9
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
Swerski's opinions>>>WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith's onions...

No honestly your previous post just blurts out pure Texan hick ignorance in combination with being whooped by Heat resentment.

Did you notice that the Bulls were able to push back the Heat to 6 games and actually looked as equal of a force, if not better than the pathetic odyssey the Mavericks embarked upon.

Face it, you are completely jealous that NONE of your guards right now can touch Ben Gordon, and by dubbing him as a "great shooter" you don't even know much about him.

He'z steadily improving on defense, can really PASS as well as a PG (tho not make the plays necessarily) and his straight up offensive game continues to be more dominant. Getting smarter, he drives to the basket at will, does his vintage teardrop move, has shown the ability to score with much contact, lay it high, or just do his patent crossover into a jump. Or he can just spot shoot and be a valuable compliment to Kirk Hinrich.

He W.I.L.L be a 20 ppg/4.5 apg guy (at least), ask any avid Gordon watchers, haterz too. Athletically, I believe 22 or 23 (whatever he is) is not necessarily the prime, clown. 27 is the best combination of strength, body control, paired with agility, hops etc.. but a steady decline in jumping ability. He doesn't need that cuz he's a clever dude, and knows how to get his shot off.

In conclusion, you are a blind hater, who should not be a GM, and currently root for a team who do not possess ANY players that will reach BG's level in a couple of years. Terry'z better now, but watch out for the future, imbecile.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:39 AM   #10
Bill Swerski

^^^ROTFLMAO....

Nice conspiracy theory, Duckworth...

I'm an Arab from the Chi, who is a lifelong Bulls fan.

BTW, did I mention...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 06-28-2006, 02:11 AM   #11
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default sdfsdf

Woops LMAO @ myself.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:17 AM   #12
Bill Swerski

It's cool fam.

I went nuts with my 1st posts on here,
regarding the backcourt violation.

It's understandable to think I'm a Mavs fan,