Pacers notes Dec. 26
NEWS & NOTES
· The Pacers enter this week sixth in the NBA in 3-pt FG accuracy (.375) and they have three players ranked among the league's top 40 3-pt shooters. Al Harrington is seventh (.488), while Danny Granger is 16th (.435) and Sarunas Jasikevicius is 39th (.391). After making just 30 3-pt field goals as a rookie in 2005-06, Granger leads the team with 47 3-pt field goals this season.
· Though ranked 23rd in the NBA in rebounds per game with an average of 8.4 rpg, Jeff Foster enters this week tied for fourth in the league in offensive rebounds with a total of 98. Foster is also third in the NBA with an average of 17.4 rebounds per 48 minutes played.
· Jermaine O'Neal has blocked at least one shot in all 25 of his appearances this season and going back to the end of the 2005-06 season he rejected a shot in 27 straight games. He enters this week as the only player in the league averaging more than three blocked shots a game (3.04 bpg) and the Pacers are the number one shot-blocking team in the NBA with an average of 6.24 bpg.
· Jamaal Tinsley has had two or more steals in 10 of the last 14 games. As a result, he enters the week 14th in the NBA with an average of 1.55 spg.
· Blocked shots is just one several defensive categories in which the Pacers rank among the league's top 10. Indiana is ninth in steals per game (7.69 spg), eighth in opponent turnovers forced (16.6 topg), ninth in fewest assists by the opponent (19.38 apg) and 10th in defensive scoring average (97.1 ppg).
· Including wins at Philadelphia, Dec. 20, and at Atlanta, Dec. 22, the Pacers are 10-2 this season when scoring 100 or more points. The Pacers scored 100 or more points just 20 times in all of 2005-06.