Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default I just scored 43 points in a game..

Hola, guys, normally I play in the highest league in Sweden but today I was with my friend who had a div 3 game and they were only 4 guys so I put on my running shoes and kicked some swedish butt!

43 point is my all-time high and I basically made every shot I took and the game ended with me getting kicked out when I told my "teammate" to shut up because he was whining to the ref and the ref thought I told him to shut up. I would probably have scored 50...

What's your all-time high?
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I just scored 43 points in a game..

If gym class were longer I would have had like 60 that game. I couldn't miss. I was getting to the rim at ease and then my 3 ball started falling. I hit 4 of them
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

dropped all 21 to a game to 21 5v5 full court once, i got hot from midrange and scored the first 12 and then scored the next 6 on putbacks
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In a rec league, I don't think I've ever scored more than 33. Possibly 35 but I think that's wishful thinking. Maybe ten years from now I'll remember it as scoring 37-40.

In high school, my career high was 26.

Well done on the 43 though. I always pictured a high point total being difficult to attain because a defense would always be too good to let that happen. When I was a sophomore in high school, I used to score about 13 points then assume the other team was going to clamp down on me because I was doing so well. I'd think, "No way they're going to let me score again." Henceforth, my aggression would drop. At some point though, I had to unplug from the matrix and just let loose, changing the thought process from "they're not going to let me score anymore" to "I'm not going to stop scoring until they stop me."

However, I've also found that scoring a lot can be tiring. Never really thought that could happen but it's real. I'm guessing igniting a small fire on the floor by raining threes by the bucket wouldn't be as tiring, but for a self-proclaimed slasher, it can become a factor at times.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've scored over 40 a bunch of times. Scoring is my thing though, I'm my teams best shooter and athlete. The fact that I'm not a great 1 on 1 defender is probable what has held me back from playing serious, serious ball.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
I've scored over 40 a bunch of times. Scoring is my thing though, I'm my teams best shooter and athlete. The fact that I'm not a great 1 on 1 defender is probable what has held me back from playing serious, serious ball.
Can I ask what kind of team?

My high school games typically featured scores in the low 50's. So for one person to score 40 would have been a little more insane than it'd be elsewhere. Always funny to me (but beneficial) to see rec league games with scores in the 80's and above. I certainly don't miss playing against lockdown zones though.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
No Name
derp

No Name has decent reputation

51 points

Shooting 3's and posting up on a guy 5 inches shorter than you in 30 min is win

it was 2v2 and my teammate had like 20 assists lol
No Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Bunch of pros on ISH.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Can I ask what kind of team?

My high school games typically featured scores in the low 50's. So for one person to score 40 would have been a little more insane than it'd be elsewhere. Always funny to me (but beneficial) to see rec league games with scores in the 80's and above. I certainly don't miss playing against lockdown zones though.
Dutch Youths national league. Now I've taken a step back because I go to the university, got a girlfriend and a part time job.. So now I play in a grown ups regional league (I'm 20 years old now) and I still average around 20 I'd say. Average score is a little over 80 points a game I'd say.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaskoX1
Bunch of pros on ISH.
or a bunch of people that play low level bball
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #11
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol.... at "Bunch of pro's in ish"
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Kato
Banned

Kato has an OK reputation so far

on garbage comp about 70 points lol. just scoring everytime i touched the ball.

Against good comp about 30 something got to share the ball nicca
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

33 points was my career high. I am not a scorer. I am more of an an all around player. 16-4-4.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #14
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

My high in HS was about 23-25, but my coach was the type to make the team pass four times before a shot so as a PG scoring a lot was difficult.

Who cares about high scoring in rec leagues and pick-up games?

bustas
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #15
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
My high in HS was about 23-25, but my coach was the type to make the team pass four times before a shot so as a PG scoring a lot was difficult.

Who cares about high scoring in rec leagues and pick-up games?

bustas
I have an honest question, do you know for sure what your high was in high school? Because what I noticed I did over the years was take my high school high (26) then add two points and say, "Yeah, my high was somewhere around 26-28, I'm not quite sure." Then I began noticing a lot of other people do that too. I'm not accusing you or anything. I was just thinking, I know darn well what my career high is, because it was a big deal to me, so I figured that had to be how it was with other people too.

Also, I can relate to the "numerous passes before a shot" thing. It was often hard to just play natural basketball in that setting. I most definitely don't miss the endless amounts of paint-clogging zones I used to run into.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 10-21-2011 at 01:01 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: