Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,167
AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Derek Fisher has three things over Iverson. Starting job, championship rings AND a dunk that Iverson tried to block from behind and failed.

What are we talkin about here exactly? Practice? Practice? Not the game.


Derek Fisher is a Champion.....his mindset helped L.A. win 5 Titles this decade....Fisher on top of that will most likely continue to help forge younger players into champions and continue his legacy when he retires...

He still is a big part of the NBA off the court and IMO will continue to do so...I can easily see him move on to bigger things including politics once his basketball career is over.

Mayor of Los Angeles???....trust me , more people will be talking about Fisher in 20 years then Iverson.....Fisher will go down in Laker lore and is a Legend.....AI is in the category of sleepy floyd or World B. Free.....

A.I. will be lucky to get a franchise of Coin Op Laundry Mats with his name on them after he's been retired for 10 years....


despite bieng a better talent.....Fish had the Heart at all times..including Practice.
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
.

My back pocket? The one you are grabbing? Hop in it.



next
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
Warriors fan
Banned
 
Warriors fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 243
Warriors fan has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: AI Transcript

GOBB is be killin them hoes
Warriors fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #19
AMISTILLILL
Banned
 
AMISTILLILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salford Lads Club
Posts: 7,647
AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
Derek Fisher is a Champion.....his mindset helped L.A. win 5 Titles this decade....Fisher on top of that will most likely continue to help forge younger players into champions and continue his legacy when he retires...

He still is a big part of the NBA off the court and IMO will continue to do so...I can easily see him move on to bigger things including politics once his basketball career is over.

Mayor of Los Angeles???....trust me , more people will be talking about Fisher in 20 years then Iverson.....Fisher will go down in Laker lore and is a Legend.....AI is in the category of sleepy floyd or World B. Free.....

A.I. will be lucky to get a franchise of Coin Op Laundry Mats with his name on them after he's been retired for 10 years....


despite bieng a better talent.....Fish had the Heart at all times..including Practice.

What's the weather like in fantasy land?
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #20
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,888
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Too bad all that practice at the end wont have Ray Allen being ranked over Allen Iverson when its all said and done.


Iverson is ranked higher because he is more talented. Both guys are the same age yet the less talented guy is the one who is a valued member of a playoff team. The guy with more talent had to go to Turkey to find a job.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Iverson is ranked higher because he is more talented. Both guys are the same age yet the less talented guy is the one who is a valued member of a playoff team. The guy with more talent had to go to Turkey to find a job.

Where does talent come from?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #22
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,888
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Where does talent come from?


His parents.

Like you said no matter how much work Ray puts in he won't be ranked as high as Iverson. He just isn't as talented. But Ray won't be in this position...








Last edited by tontoz : 09-22-2011 at 10:14 PM.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
His parents.

Like you said no matter how much work Ray puts in he won't be ranked as high as Iverson. He just isn't as talented. But Ray won't be in this position...








Creating pure pandemonium with crazed fans in another country? Agreed!

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #24
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ballup's Thread Eh?
Posts: 11,423
ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Derek Fisher has three things over Iverson. Starting job, championship rings AND a dunk that Iverson tried to block from behind and failed.

What are we talkin about here exactly? Practice? Practice? Not the game.
I'm just saying, given his current situation, Iverson would probably trade his MVP and his accolades for Ray's ring and his job. Sure he's got a bigger legacy, but in the end, he will not be considered a winner. That's what matters to true athletes.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #25
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,888
tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Creating pure pandemonium with crazed fans in another country? Agreed!



So you decided to wear your rose colored glasses? I bet you look really cool in them.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #26
markymark
Local High School Star
 
markymark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,407
markymark has not been impressing people
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
And yet, Ray has two things over Iverson. A starting job on one of the NBA's best teams and a championship ring.

A ring c/o Pierce and KG.

He was fishing most of the time during the Bucks and Sonics days.
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #27
Darius
Good college starter
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Handsome Man
Posts: 3,031
Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Too bad all that practice at the end wont have Ray Allen being ranked over Allen Iverson when its all said and done.

TBH if I'm trying to win a championship I'm taking Ray Allen.

At least with Ray Allen you know what you are getting: a highly professional, team-orientated 2nd banana.

With AI you have a guy who dominates the ball all game long but isn't good enough to lead team to the championship.

If I'm trying to sell tickets and have a team that can get to the playoffs with one player? Okay, I take AI.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #28
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star
 
Joey Zaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,068
Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: AI Transcript

Why even pretend that allen and AI are similiar players. Allen is a markman who can, at times, create shots for himself and others. AI is a speedster who, when he was good, could get past anyone, creating for himself and others and could, at times, hit an open shot.

Of course, he sould practice and he shouldn't tell the world he doesn't beleive in practice and he should've worked on taking higher percentage shots...but lets not pretend that more practice turns him into a sharp-shooter.

I think having read the transcript a few times and watched it live, that was sort of his point. The Philly media had a neverending flow of criticism about AI, wanting him to be a whole bunch of things he was not -- bigger ,stronger, more efficient -- without really realizing just how great he was. "I'm an MVP, I just led the team to the finals, we were just in the playoffs again, I give it everything I've got, I'm a top 5 player in the world and you're sitting here telling me about practice."

To be fair, media is never going to say "Out in the 1st round, AI shot 40% but he is so great" but you can understand AI's frustrations with the criticism.

Similiar in NY. We always had a million reasons to criticize Ewing. Not clutch, small hands, not D.Rob, not Hakeem, not MJ, not a leader, not really an offensive player...it wasn't until about '04 and the team was nowhere and heading nowhere that I realized just how freaking great he was.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #29
AMISTILLILL
Banned
 
AMISTILLILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salford Lads Club
Posts: 7,647
AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
Why even pretend that allen and AI are similiar players. Allen is a markman who can, at times, create shots for himself and others. AI is a speedster who, when he was good, could get past anyone, creating for himself and others and could, at times, hit an open shot.

Of course, he sould practice and he shouldn't tell the world he doesn't beleive in practice and he should've worked on taking higher percentage shots...but lets not pretend that more practice turns him into a sharp-shooter.

I think having read the transcript a few times and watched it live, that was sort of his point. The Philly media had a neverending flow of criticism about AI, wanting him to be a whole bunch of things he was not -- bigger ,stronger, more efficient -- without really realizing just how great he was. "I'm an MVP, I just led the team to the finals, we were just in the playoffs again, I give it everything I've got, I'm a top 5 player in the world and you're sitting here telling me about practice."

To be fair, media is never going to say "Out in the 1st round, AI shot 40% but he is so great" but you can understand AI's frustrations with the criticism.

Similiar in NY. We always had a million reasons to criticize Ewing. Not clutch, small hands, not D.Rob, not Hakeem, not MJ, not a leader, not really an offensive player...it wasn't until about '04 and the team was nowhere and heading nowhere that I realized just how freaking great he was.

I think you're missing the point. Substitute Ray Allen with any player that has held practice and working on improving themselves in high regard, even players of Iverson's popularity and capacity of talent.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #30
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star
 
Joey Zaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,068
Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
I think you're missing the point. Substitute Ray Allen with any player that has held practice and working on improving themselves in high regard, even players of Iverson's popularity and capacity of talent.

I get the point. Its not subtle. Practice is good. No practice is bad. Got it.

My point is, appreciate your great players, warts and all, because there aren't alot of them...and your time with them is short.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy