Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #31
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: AI Transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
I get the point. Its not subtle. Practice is good. No practice is bad. Got it.

My point is, appreciate your great players, warts and all, because there aren't alot of them...and your time with them is short.

especially if they don't like practice.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #32
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
I get the point. Its not subtle. Practice is good. No practice is bad. Got it.

My point is, appreciate your great players, warts and all, because there aren't alot of them...and your time with them is short.

Well, seeing as though Iverson isn't even in the league anymore, and that 'point' is pretty irrelevant to what's being discussed here, alright then.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #33
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Well, seeing as though Iverson isn't even in the league anymore, and that 'point' is pretty irrelevant to what's being discussed here, alright then.

I'm sorry -what's being discussed here? The virtue of practice. Gee that's fascinating. Lets discuss it -- I think practice is good. very very good.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #34
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Old 09-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
TBH if I'm trying to win a championship I'm taking Ray Allen.

At least with Ray Allen you know what you are getting: a highly professional, team-orientated 2nd banana because he cant lead your team to the NBA Finals let alone championship. So I would have to go out and either find a franchise player who can do the job Ray Allen cant or end up trading the guy to a team that has a collection of stars that will help him achieve championship winner status. But that doesnt help me win a championship if I take Ray Allen. Oh dear

With AI you have a guy who dominates the ball all game long but isn't good enough to lead team to the championship.

If I'm trying to sell tickets and have a team that can get to the playoffs with one player? Okay, I take AI.

Fixed.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

AI is out of the league because his ego and pride wont allow him to accept what teams look at him as. A veteran player that can give you some scoring off the bench. Not a starter who logs 35-40mpg that you build around. By him not swallowing his pride he burned bridges and some teams dont see him bringing the kind of impact you simply cant pass up. That happens with stars of Iversons caliber in every sport.

Heck offtopic, Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Each story is different but the point remains the same. The practice thing is overstated and not the reason AI is no longer in the NBA.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #37
markymark
Local High School Star

Quote:
I think you're missing the point. Substitute Ray Allen with any player that has held practice and working on improving themselves in high regard, even players of Iverson's popularity and capacity of talent.

Still btchin about the practice thing? Try reading the WHOLE transcript. Might do you some good =)
markymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #38
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
Still btchin about the practice thing? Try reading the WHOLE transcript. Might do you some good =)

I did. Eat a dick.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #39
markymark
Local High School Star

Quote:
I did. Eat a dick.

Sucks to have your comprehension skills
Old 09-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #40
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
At least with Ray Allen you know what you are getting: a highly professional, team-orientated 2nd banana because he cant lead your team to the NBA Finals let alone championship. So I would have to go out and either find a franchise player who can do the job Ray Allen cant or end up trading the guy to a team that has a collection of stars that will help him achieve championship winner status. But that doesnt help me win a championship if I take Ray Allen. Oh dear

Fixed.

Actually, the coin flips the other way in 2001 and it's Ray Allen leading his Bucks to the finals instead of AI, as they were only narrowly beaten in the conference finals.

There is no player achievement more overstated than AI leading his team to the finals. (his single performance of note by the way) Who did he beat again? They barely edged out the Raptors who still had a 40 year old Oakley in the starting lineup. Then they barely edged out the Bucks to get to the finals. It was one of the weakest conferences I can remember. Then the Sixers got crushed in the finals by a Lakers team that was only half trying.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #41
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
Sucks to have your comprehension skills

Sucks to be so desperate for something to do that you bump a three day old thread.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #42
GS1905
Clippers ALL DAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Actually, the coin flips the other way in 2001 and it's Ray Allen leading his Bucks to the finals instead of AI, as they were only narrowly beaten in the conference finals.

There is no player achievement more overstated than AI leading his team to the finals. (his single performance of note by the way) Who did he beat again? They barely edged out the Raptors who still had a 40 year old Oakley in the starting lineup. Then they barely edged out the Bucks to get to the finals. It was one of the weakest conferences I can remember. Then the Sixers got crushed in the finals by a Lakers team that was only half trying.

Actually, the coin flips the other way(meaning your father goes with the pull out method and your mom never gets pregnant) in 2003(since that's the year you were born) and you never make it to this board.

Now GTFO.
GS1905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #43
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS1905
Actually, the coin flips the other way(meaning your father goes with the pull out method and your mom never gets pregnant) in 2003(since that's the year you were born) and you never make it to this board.

Now GTFO.

Haha, you get mad when someone speaks ill of your princess?

I could dump my load all over your face and you still wouldn't be as salty as you are right now. Then again, you are probably used to people dumping their loads on you.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #44
markymark
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Haha "ray allen leading his bucks?" Last i heard he had cassell and gb. The big 3 against the great one.

Greatness prevailed.

End of story.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: