Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
TROLL_HUNTER
Decent playground baller

TROLL_HUNTER is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Games with ridiculous difficulty

which are the most frustrating games you have ever played? which ones made you lose your nerves and yell like mad or throw your controller across the room?

You can mention any game from any age. As I am an old school gamer I will make my personal list with some from the 8-bit and 16-bit era and back to the present day as well

Castlevania (NES) - the first one in the series has one of the most annoying bosses of all time, the scythe, by the end of the game

Haunted Castle (arcade game) - this is the very first castlevania game, for arcade machines. the game was unfair and downright impossible to handle. only one life, slow controls and enemies impossible to avoid

Ghost and Goblins series: terrible controls, unforgiving checkpoints... terribly hard

Megaman 4 and after (NES) the first 3 were very hard but still manageable. Afterwards they even turned it up a notch

Devil May Cry 3 (PS2) - the "normal" mode on this one was like hard in most of games

my most recent frustrating experience: Bloodrayne:betrayal (PS3-XBOX) the game is a 2D hack and slash being very similar to Castlevania but with DMC attacks. The controls are very sloppy and imprecise whereas the game requires an EXTREME skill in order to progress. As a result, you will die like 100 times on each checkpoint. Checkpoints are abysmal, too.
TROLL_HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Games with ridiculous difficulty

Ninja Gaiden Black

Pisses me the f*ck off
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
T.O.RapsJays
Go Jays/Raptors!!

T.O.RapsJays has an OK reputation so far

Any sports game to the highest difficulty.
T.O.RapsJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.RapsJays
Any sports game to the highest difficulty.

All Madden

NBA 2K11 on HOF in My Player is asking for crushing defeat. Especially in the draft combine
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Shinobi.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Um... I know Deus Ex on easy... 2 of the bosses creamed me 3-4 times at least and I'm pretty solid at action/shooters. So I imagine Deus Ex on highest difficulty would be up there.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL_HUNTER
Megaman 4 and after (NES) the first 3 were very hard but still manageable. Afterwards they even turned it up a notch
Any old school Megaman game was extremely difficult. Contra for the Game Boy was tough for me.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

try demons souls on ps3
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Any old school Megaman game was extremely difficult. Contra for the Game Boy was tough for me.

Contra is so easy. I can beat it with my eyes closed.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Ninja Gaiden Black

Pisses me the f*ck off

haha ya
i remember a ninja gaiden on xbox, prly that one

i think i only had one game save, and it was before a boss and i had like no health and couldnt beat the boss
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

old school games

battletoads (one with double dragon was pretty hard too)
ninja turtles 1 (frustrating)
kid icarus (lol)

silver surfer apparently, but i never played it, watched a youtube video of it, looks ridiculous
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Battletoads is probably the hardest game ever, next to Silver Surfer.

I never did beat ninja gaiden, and ninja turtles was also a bastard to me
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Battletoads was hard but fair... until the damn vehicle level where you're jumping over pits that you have less than 1 second to react. Fuck that shit to hell!
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #14
Clippersfan86
Banned

Fight Night Champion the Champion mode... I just tried on easy mode to beat this one Mexican boxer and lost 15 times straight. I just can't beat the fu**er. I'm not great at boxing games anyways but I'm definitely not terrible. It's a shame too because I loved the game up until that point.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #15
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Mile high club cod 4 pissed me the fcuk off
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: