Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #31
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation
Default Re: Calvin Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
If you only look at stats, does that make Cam Newton a better player than Philip Rivers?

Look at the player, not at the stats

Rivers has a better QB rating than Newton....so, no Newton is not a better QB than Rivers....more of those prickly facts and stats....
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #32
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
And? What does everyone determine after watching Welker play? Seems to me that Calvin gets the huge edge because of his athletic ability.

Yep, you're right....Wes Welker is not "athletic"......melanin challenged and all....
Old 10-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #33
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Yep, you're right....Wes Welker is not "athletic"......melanin challenged and all....
Your racial agenda is doing nothing for this forum. Nothing positive, anyway. Wes Welker is a good athlete but Johnson jumps higher and runs faster. No shame in that, Johnson is possibly the most athletic WR in the game today. Welker is very effective but he gets it done in a different way.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #34
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Your racial agenda is doing nothing for this forum. Nothing positive, anyway. Wes Welker is a good athlete but Johnson jumps higher and runs faster. No shame in that, Johnson is possibly the most athletic WR in the game today. Welker is very effective but he gets it done in a different way.

My "racial agenda".... ....the dude just indicated that Wes Welker is not "athletic" which we all know is a code word for "black" and you want to talk about racial agendas....geeeeeez. If jumping higher and running faster were the only criterion for a good NFL wide receiver then I suggest that the teams just start recruiting off the U.S. track and field team....the best WR is the one that catches the most balls for the most yards...right now and over the past 4-5 years Welker is in the top three of that discussion....if not #1. Michael Irvin came out yesterday and said that Welker was the best WR in the NFL......but I'll take your word for it over a HOFer.....
Old 10-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #35
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Welker better than Calvin???

If the two switched teams, Welker would be No. 3 reciever and Calvin would still be on pace to break records
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
My "racial agenda".... ....the dude just indicated that Wes Welker is not "athletic" which we all know is a code word for "black" and you want to talk about racial agendas....geeeeeez. If jumping higher and running faster were the only criterion for a good NFL wide receiver then I suggest that the teams just start recruiting off the U.S. track and field team....the best WR is the one that catches the most balls for the most yards...right now and over the past 4-5 years Welker is in the top three of that discussion....if not #1. Michael Irvin came out yesterday and said that Welker was the best WR in the NFL......but I'll take your word for it over a HOFer.....

If Michael Irvin said CJ was better than Welker than you wouldnt take Irvin the HOFer word. You pick and choose what to take, so miss us with your BS.

You also bashed Cam Newton as well. He's much better than you said he wouldnt be (which was based on his racial makeup more than anything). Go figure. On pace to break a future HOF QB rookie passing record. And that guy is white. I though Cam didnt have a brain?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #37
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If Michael Irvin said CJ was better than Welker than you wouldnt take Irvin the HOFer word. You pick and choose what to take, so miss us with your BS.

You also bashed Cam Newton as well. He's much better than you said he wouldnt be (which was based on his racial makeup more than anything). Go figure. On pace to break a future HOF QB rookie passing record. And that guy is white. I though Cam didnt have a brain?

Gobb: Call me back when Newton has put up the type of career numbers...consistently....that Welker has done....Joey Harrington had a few good games at the beginning of his career as well...
Old 10-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #38
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Welker better than Calvin???

If the two switched teams, Welker would be No. 3 reciever and Calvin would still be on pace to break records

Yeah...you right....the incomparable Javid Best would be the #2....Rudy, I mean Welker, would probably be the water boy in Detroit.....
Old 10-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Gobb: Call me back when Newton has put up the type of career numbers...consistently....that Welker has done....Joey Harrington had a few good games at the beginning of his career as well...

Joey Harrington is trash. Cam Newton is not. The point is you made comments about Cam before he threw one pass. Most revolved around his race and playing the QB position. So eat crow at seasons end.

You're the one mentioning the criticism Wes Welker recieved vs what he has done. You're no different than the Cam Newton bashfest because your comments are baseless.

And its funny you use the call me back routine when Jordy Nelson has proven what so far in his career? Nothing, but that damn sure doesnt stop you from spewing the same stuff when the guy makes a single catch now does it? Doesnt apply to Jordy Nelson does it? Shut up, like I said you pick and choose when posting. This is further proof. Cant wait til next game Nelson catches a TD to read " Nelson the unathletic slow white guy just burned that braids and gold teeth wearing CB who is supposed to be a good cover corner. And to think espn FF doesnt have him listed as a starter."
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #40
Butters
Speed Demon

Butters has an OK reputation so far

"Wes welker is the best WR in the NFL"

The response....

"you racist bastard"

classic

But no,in all seriousness,as good as matt has been,If brady was throwing to Calvin he would be breaking every record there is to break for a WR.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #41
northwinds
Banned

[i]
Quote:
Cant wait til next game Nelson catches a TD to read " Nelson the unathletic slow white guy just burned that braids and gold teeth wearing CB who is supposed to be a good cover corner. And to think espn FF doesnt have him listed as a starter."

That is friggin' funny dude...... .....look for me Sunday night when Jordy burns Dunta Robinson....you know the CB who's making about 10 times as much as the slow white Jordy. By the way, c'mon it was awfully pretty watching Jordy burn that double coverage for a 50 yard TD last Sunday...admit it...you enjoyed it.... ...and I didn't say nothin' about braids and grills...just LMAO
Old 10-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Jordy Nelson is a good WR, I like him. But lets not act like dude was bashed and discredited.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #43
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Jordy Nelson is a good WR, I like him. But lets not act like dude was bashed and discredited.

You and I both know that, if he had a higher melanin content, he would be playing almost every down in this league.....but I'm thankful he gets a few reps with a great QB (the SI cover of Jordy and Rodgers "bumpin" in the SB is my screen saver).....if it was actually acknowledged that he should be a real starter as opposed to a "stealth white starter" there would be problems in the locker room with the brothas....ditto Riley Cooper...ditto Toby Gerhart...ditto Danny Woodhead...ditto Eric Decker (can't wait till Royal comes back from his injury and reclaims his "legitimate roll" as starter after Decker has been beasting for three weeks)....ditto Kroy Bierman who has better stats than Ray Edwards this year....the beat goes on...I'm just here to point out the discrimination....and support players like 'Rudy' Welker.....
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #44
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Are you really bringing up Gerhart again? He really made his coaches look good on that 4th and one he couldn't convert instead of giving it to Peterson. But hey, he's the backup because hes white.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #45
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Are you really bringing up Gerhart again? He really made his coaches look good on that 4th and one he couldn't convert instead of giving it to Peterson. But hey, he's the backup because hes white.

Gerhart has a 7.1 ypc average this year....Peterson about 4.5 ypc. Gerhart was a better college player than Ingram and LaBlount Garrett.....but somehow both of them are starting and Gerhart's getting about two reps per week....so the locker room will be happy....even though the Vikings are losing every game...that's just the way it works in the NFL. Watch closely the Peyton Hillis situation over the next few weeks. I really believe he is about to be the first white athlete who finally comes out and says whats going on....the Browns are refusing to resign him and cutting his playing time to deligitimatize his worth...its boiling over. Hillis strikes me as the type who will give up fame and fortune to tell the truth....and if he tells the truth his career is over...but I think he will do it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: