Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Batman: Arkham Asylum

I know this is an older game.... but I couldn't find a definitive thread about this game in the Video Game Section.... so here it goes.

I got a damn good deal on the GOTY Edition of Batman: Arkham Asylum, so i figured why the f*ck not, and picked it up to tide me over until the fall releases.

While its far from a perfect game, especially considering the ridiculous scope and beauty of sandbox/open-world-style games such as Red Dead and the Assassins Creed series, it still is one of if not the best Super Hero games to date.

The game is still very entertaining with decent replay value, is able to incorporate the stories of lesser-known villains to truly open the Batman universe for exploration, and absolutely is getting me pumped for its upcoming sequel.... Batman: Arkham City
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum

I thought it had no replay value and didnt talk much about the lesser known villians.I still thought it was a good game though and i also cant wait for arkham city.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
m y t i n
I hit open 5-footers

m y t i n has decent reputation

Batman Arkham Asylum is probably the second or third best game I've ever played (Note that I have not played that many games) next to Fable and Mass Effect 2. It is also one of the two games that I have go all achievements for as well because I liked it so much!

Yeah, Batman Arkham City is going to be awesome and I have already pre-ordered the Collector's Edition for it already.
m y t i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Loved it. Completed it twice. I wasn't too bothered about it not being a sandbox game. Red Dead is a superb but most of the map is empty space with little in between.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I loved it too. Particularly the all the little extras you could find along that way that fleshed out the story, like all the jokers secrets. And the stealth elements were really well done.

I think my biggest gripe was that the batvision stuff was so usefull, that I'm not sure I ever turned it off. So pretty much the entire game I was playing against red skeletons, rather than getting to really see what were some really well rendered set pieces.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I loved it too. Particularly the all the little extras you could find along that way that fleshed out the story, like all the jokers secrets. And the stealth elements were really well done.

I think my biggest gripe was that the batvision stuff was so usefull, that I'm not sure I ever turned it off. So pretty much the entire game I was playing against red skeletons, rather than getting to really see what were some really well rendered set pieces.

Rocsteady the developer said this was one of the biggest things they needed to address in the new game.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a fantastic game. My only gripes were indeed the batvision that made the game look a bit annoying, and the fact that all the boss fights were underwhelming.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

One of my favorite games of all time which says a lot since I got in at the NES system for gaming.

Perfect atmosphere with dark tones and amazing graphics. I actually like that it wasn't a sandbox game but more of a Metroid sort of feel. I'm not big into comics so it took awhile for me to give it a shot but I'm glad I did.

Already preordered the sequel...this and Uncharted 3 are my most anticipated games coming up. And Mass Effect 3 but that's a ways off.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

I bought it yesterday for $15 after hearing how great it was. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.

I am hoping that I can finish the campaign as I never play them, I usually just go straight for multiplayer but as this doesn't have one I will hopefully finish it.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
I bought it yesterday for $15 after hearing how great it was. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.

I am hoping that I can finish the campaign as I never play them, I usually just go straight for multiplayer but as this doesn't have one I will hopefully finish it.

The game is great, but long or difficult it is not. You should definitely be able to finish this.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

My only gripe with Asylum is how trapped you feel because you're limited to the prison. I think Arkham City fixes that complaint by making it an open world game that takes place in the city. Beyond that flaw the first game was incredible and easily the best superhero adaption of all time for video games. I find it funny that Batman has the highest rated movie and video game super hero adaption of all time. Goes to show that DC>Marvel and Batman>All.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #12
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

I'm going to buy this. I've been looking couple of week for new game for myself and then I remembered Batman AA. There's just one problem. I usually order games online and found many sites in my country that offer this game like 12-18 price. But as I've contacted all of them, they don't have it in stock anymore and don't know when or if they get it anymore. . It's not that old game

Well, I'm going to check my local gamestop today if they have it pre-used, but the price will be higher. Gamestop pre-used usually cost something like 20-30.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bought it last week and finished it yesterday, great game, can't wait for the next one.
Still gotta find some riddler's stuff.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

I could never get over 50,000 points in the last two brawls or whatever. I would get so close and then die or run out of time, it was way too frustrating.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
I could never get over 50,000 points in the last two brawls or whatever. I would get so close and then die or run out of time, it was way too frustrating.
Same here, lol. I've played through the campaign at least 3 times. I bought it when it first came out 2 years ago, and i always find myself coming back to playing it every six months. Arkham City is my most anticipated game for this year... CAN'T WAIT!!!
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: