Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #1066
HighFlyer23
National High School Star

HighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Great Moments in NBA History recreated in MS Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrozenOne
According to Science and nature ...yes we are all the same species with very little physical differences.....

according to some stupid ignorant people...."Hey he has the same color eyes as me......we __________(fill in random color) eyes are so great!.....anything someone with _________(fill in random color eye) can do I can too!!!!....YAY! _______(fill in random color eye) People!!!"

I am willing to bet money...Lin has more in common with a "random African American from the Bay Area" then some random Taiwanese kid.....despite minor physical attributes...Lin would have much more overall similarities.

once again

Science>stupid people.

are you stupid enough to compare nationality with race?
HighFlyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #1067
TheFrozenOne
Kids at the park dunk on me

TheFrozenOne has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
It's a collection of data. What people believe does matter. Cultures and society does matter. A large collection of data holds a lot of weight, especially when it's about people's views. You can call Lin American, but that doesn't stop people from viewing him as Asian. Think of another person's perspective. It's kind of a given that Lin is American, but a person will view him as Asian. They look at him and think Asian.

I am not calling him American...HE IS AMERICAN....

sorry I will never believe that some sort of Government classification means people are so vastly different becuase of Latitude and Longitude...

maybe it's because I traveled so much ...I know we are all the same no matter where your from...

I watch LIN and see a great player from my hood....and a great American.

Science>Hitler Hysteria
TheFrozenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #1068
TheFrozenOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
are you stupid enough to compare nationality with race?

nope....

nationality he is American.....and science has already proven the term "Race" is just a made up categorization from people......genetically speaking it has no value since we are all the Human race and the same species.

especially since western Asia...southeast Asia and many other parts the people appearance wise look different....it's all stupid.

Last edited by TheFrozenOne : 02-12-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #1069
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Jotaro Durant has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #1070
Kiarip
High School Starter

Kiarip is considered somewhat coolKiarip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
nope....

nationality he is American.....and science has already proven the term "Race" is just a made up categorization from people......genetically speaking it has no value since we are all the Human race and the same species.

especially since western Asia...southeast Asia and many other parts the people appearance wise look different....it's all stupid.

Ethnicity matters because of culture.

His culture is not fully American his culture is Asian American, and also genetically there ARE obvious differences... skin color for black/white people, eye shape for asians/non-asians...

There are some persistently dominant traits which categorize him as ethnically Asian, also if scientists look at someone's genes they CAN determine where that person's ancestry is from, because there are special marker genes that have been discovered, which are special in the sense that each set comes from a different part of the world... you know there's such a thing as evolutionary speciation...
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #1071
TheFrozenOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiarip
Ethnicity matters because of culture.

His culture is not fully American his culture is Asian American, and also genetically there ARE obvious differences... skin color for black/white people, eye shape for asians/non-asians...

There are some persistently dominant traits which categorize him as ethnically Asian, also if scientists look at someone's genes they CAN determine where that person's ancestry is from, because there are special marker genes that have been discovered, which are special in the sense that each set comes from a different part of the world... you know there's such a thing as evolutionary speciation...

huh?..sounds like he lived in American Culture (whatever that is)..he grew up in California...went to school in California..is christian..speaks English with a Nor Cal accent....works in America playing a popular American sport...has a faux hawk

that is culture...that is "American culture"

his parents are were born in another country and left willingly..how is that so different from many other Americans?? past or present....

and as far as Genetics.....Skin Color or shape of eyes is such a minor attribute.....yes maybe certain physical appearances have "markers"...but that doesn't tell you anything about a persons "culture" or "character" or who that person is...

once again....beyond small physical differences (which mean nothing) we are all the same.....don't take my word...take science.

Among humans, race has no taxonomic significance; all living humans belong to the same hominid subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens.[7][8] Social conceptions and groupings of races vary over time, involving folk taxonomies [9] that define essential types of individuals based on perceived traits. Scientists consider biological essentialism obsolete,[10] and generally discourage racial explanations for collective differentiation in both physical and behavioral traits
Old 02-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #1072
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

I want Lin!
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #1073
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin17
I want Lin!
Here's a rough draft!

(I'll add a background and post the full sized drawing later)

OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #1074
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #1075
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife
Here's a rough draft!

Awesome job dude...very well done
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #1076
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
nope....

Alphapup, your old account isn't banned anymore get back on it please it's easier for the rest of us to recognize you lol
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #1077
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Here's a rough draft!

Lincredible!!! repped
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #1078
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Alphapup, your old account isn't banned anymore get back on it please it's easier for the rest of us to recognize you lol

hey thanks

Luckily I had TheFrozenOne from my Ohio trip!!
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #1079
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Here's a rough draft!

(saved)...

EPIC....

you are a true artist...Omni>Vangoh
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #1080
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Here's a rough draft!

Damn this is awesome. Can I use it as my avatar?
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: