Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-27-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default Saddam ordered to hang in 30 days

The courts have ordered for Saddam to hang in 30 days. Since everything's so politically motivated, looks to be a good pr move for the White House with all the bad press they've been receiving.

Bet he gets a last minute stay though. book it
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:08 AM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do they still use the term "hang" and do the whole lethal injection bit, or is Bush just going back to his Tevas roots and actually hanging Sadaam?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

hanging is the preferred method of execution in many countries. its more humane than an electrical chair i think. most people snap their necks and die quickly.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 AM   #4
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

This will get the Middle East riled up even more. Bush is an Idiot.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 AM   #5
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

Naw in Iraq they're going to actually hang him. The States have become too humane. If we went back to the old format of hanging or the ELECTTRIC CHAIR I think it would put something on people's minds before they act. They make lethal injection seem like you just quietly slip away into the afterlife. With the 'chair' you know you're getting electrocuted no ifs ands or buts about it. The Gas Chamber had nothing on the chair.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:19 AM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
The courts have ordered for Saddam to hang in 30 days. Since everything's so politically motivated, looks to be a good pr move for the White House with all the bad press they've been receiving.

Bet he gets a last minute stay though. book it

I don't want to get in the whole death penalty debate, but this is wrong IMO and hypocritical. That's my opinion and I'll leave it at that.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:36 AM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

I am concerned that the Mid-East will erupt in terrible riots if/when Saddam hangs.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #8
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Okey saddam aint no angel, I agree with that..
But for christ sakes which one do you prefer..the saddam era in iraq or whats going in iraq era now????????????

Yes the saddam era was very dictatorian and iraqi people suffered but now they are suffering much much more..everyday we witness crisis there..
it was better for saddam to stay in power imo.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #9
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Do they still use the term "hang" and do the whole lethal injection bit, or is Bush just going back to his Tevas roots and actually hanging Sadaam?
Bush really has nothing to do with this. It is all being carried out by the Iraqi government. So, yes, they are actually hanging him.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #10
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

USA needs to bring public execution
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #11
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
Okey saddam aint no angel, I agree with that..
But for christ sakes which one do you prefer..the saddam era in iraq or whats going in iraq era now????????????

Yes the saddam era was very dictatorian and iraqi people suffered but now they are suffering much much more..everyday we witness crisis there..
it was better for saddam to stay in power imo.

wow you know nothing about Iraq... nothing...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You know...I'm all for Saddam getting hung etc.

But really...this is all happen not because of what he did to the Iraqi people...not because he is any kind of threat to the so called "free" world....not even because of oil IMO....but because he Saddam try to put a hit on the first Bush.

Is Saddam a bigger threat then Kim Jong-il?.....nope.

Has Kim Jong-il killer many innocent countrymen as well?.....yes

Has North Korea and other countries proove to have weapons of mass detruction...and not just that but done test and threating America?....yes

So really...why Saddam? What does his hanging proove to the American people? That we can get him? How could Bush or we bost about this? It's not like we took down Hitler here who had a huge army with advance weapons...the USA vs. Saddam is like the bext NFL team against a Pop Warner team filled with 12 year olds. Are we suppose to take pride in this?
Yeah...a very bad man is going to get his at the end but was it worth the thousands of americans lives lost in this war?

What pisses me off is how this country blindly followed Bush on jumping from Bin Laden to Saddam. We still havent cuaght that f*cker and we should use all are military might to do so.

And about justice....yeah Saddam is guilty as f*ck. But the court that sentence him...how can you call it a fair trial when 3 out of the 4 lawers defending Saddam were all killed? I mean WTF? Is that justice?

So Pardon me if I don't want to pat ourselves in the back for this...we should of kept going after Bin Laden and we NEED to worry about Kim and North Korea.

But otherwise....Saddam is getting what he deserves.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
wow you know nothing about Iraq... nothing...

I would say he does.

It is true...things where more in line of course...not saying it was better in a sense that people had hope etc. But it is chaos over there right now. No order...a bunch of warlords fighting...the jails have been cleared so thousands of criminals are on the streets. In that sense things are worst.....but now you can say a "hope" for progress can be made.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #14
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
You know...I'm all for Saddam getting hung etc.

But really...this is all happen not because of what he did to the Iraqi people...not because he is any kind of threat to the so called "free" world....not even because of oil IMO....but because he Saddam try to put a hit on the first Bush.

Is Saddam a bigger threat then Kim Jong-il?.....nope.

Has Kim Jong-il killer many innocent countrymen as well?.....yes

Has North Korea and other countries proove to have weapons of mass detruction...and not just that but done test and threating America?....yes

So really...why Saddam? What does his hanging proove to the American people? That we can get him? How could Bush or we bost about this? It's not like we took down Hitler here who had a huge army with advance weapons...the USA vs. Saddam is like the bext NFL team against a Pop Warner team filled with 12 year olds. Are we suppose to take pride in this?
Yeah...a very bad man is going to get his at the end but was it worth the thousands of americans lives lost in this war?

What pisses me off is how this country blindly followed Bush on jumping from Bin Laden to Saddam. We still havent cuaght that f*cker and we should use all are military might to do so.

And about justice....yeah Saddam is guilty as f*ck. But the court that sentence him...how can you call it a fair trial when 3 out of the 4 lawers defending Saddam were all killed? I mean WTF? Is that justice?

So Pardon me if I don't want to pat ourselves in the back for this...we should of kept going after Bin Laden and we NEED to worry about Kim and North Korea.

But otherwise....Saddam is getting what he deserves.

1. His followers will react no matter what is done. Hang, life in prison, community service, parole... ANYTHING.

2. As for how this affects Iraq. Those he killed will know he is gone for good. But more importantly, he needs to be punished. The Nuremberg trials didn't directly help Germany, but it showed the world the terrors inflicted by the Nazis, and brought the perpetrators to justice.

Imagine how that argument would have looked back then. "But if we execute these Nazi leaders, the Werewolf insurgency will grow, and Hitler's followers will seek revenge."

The fact of the matter is Saddam was captured and found guilty of crimes against humanity. The punishment is death. So in that regards, he has to die. I don't think there is any other sentence in this case.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I realized in 2002 that we arent ever going to catch Bin Laden

Bin Laden is the current boogey man....Neo cons need a boogey man because their control is based in fear and the basic concept of good guys vs. bad guys.... the bad guys cant die off too fast or the source of control will disapear..

the Bush Admin. catching Bin Laden would be like Wiley Coyote catching the Road Runner... the show would be over..

Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: