Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Kyrie Irving needs a few more months for foot to heal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
first time i've ever heard of him being a 'savior' or 'the next cp3'

rose
paul
williams
westbrook
parker
rondo
nash

kemba is shorter than all of these guys. kemba cant pass as well as any of those guys. its idiotic to think kemba is a better prospect than irving. hes quick and can score in the paint against ncaa bigs, and can get separation from ncaa guards, nothing of his game is definitively translatable e to the nba.

Savior comment is me being a smartass. On this forum a couple Cavs fans compared his upside to CP3 . I guess a scouting report also said best case scenario= CP3 which is a load of crap. A few people implied he's an all star talent. I think like Senal said this guy is a solid starter, never a star. 15 and 7 in a career best year. Mo Williams caliber where he's a great 3rd option but NOT a franchise changing or carrying worthy player.

I just got annoyed with the praise this guy was getting after 11 games in college and despite the fact that many league scouts said the draft had no legit star players. It's not like he earned it. He has a lot to prove. Maybe I'll be wrong but right now I have any avy bet with you on Kyrie vs Bledsoe right? Or was it the Clippers in the playoffs bet you took?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Savior comment is me being a smartass. On this forum a couple Cavs fans compared his upside to CP3 . I guess a scouting report also said best case scenario= CP3 which is a load of crap. A few people implied he's an all star talent. I think like Senal said this guy is a solid starter, never a star. 15 and 7 in a career best year. Mo Williams caliber where he's a great 3rd option but NOT a franchise changing or carrying worthy player.

I just got annoyed with the praise this guy was getting after 11 games in college and despite the fact that many league scouts said the draft had no legit star players. It's not like he earned it. He has a lot to prove. Maybe I'll be wrong but right now I have any avy bet with you on Kyrie vs Bledsoe right? Or was it the Clippers in the playoffs bet you took?

i doubt he ever becomes anything close to cp3, but im a lot more optimistic than you are about his future. i think he could average 20 a game at his peak. the guy has a really nice 3pt shot, and is very good at getting to the rim, he could be a really nice scorer. i dont think hell ever be an elite passer though.

no he wont ever carry us, but he could be a good 2nd or 3rd option, and a very good mature presence once he gets a couple seasons under his belt.

yeah, i got your avy bet of bledsoe vs irving in per.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #18
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
i doubt he ever becomes anything close to cp3, but im a lot more optimistic than you are about his future. i think he could average 20 a game at his peak. the guy has a really nice 3pt shot, and is very good at getting to the rim, he could be a really nice scorer. i dont think hell ever be an elite passer though.

no he wont ever carry us, but he could be a good 2nd or 3rd option, and a very good mature presence once he gets a couple seasons under his belt.

yeah, i got your avy bet of bledsoe vs irving in per.

Look at the list of PG's who averaged 20 ppg and tell me how many are in the hall of fame or will be. I don't know many 20 ppg PG's who aren't elite or at least all star level. It's not that I think this guy sucks.. I just think he will tap out at a Mo Williams level. Great shooter and scorer good for maybe 17 ppg tops and 7 apg. His defense and playmaking aren't anything to write home about. Another thing to remember is as a PG he's going to have a lot more trouble adapting to the NBA game than Lebron did in Cleveland as a 6'8 240 pound SF who had a superior build to everyone.

The problem on top of that is...... Cleveland doesn't have any other weapons you need to worry about besides Baron at times (nobody doubles him anymore though) and Jamison once in a while. You guys traded your best all around player in Hickson. Meaning that IF somehow Irving is a great scorer and does get close to 20 ppg in the next couple years... you guys won't have enough talent around him to take away that pressure. He's going to be the next one man team if that happens. Think Vince Carter's Raptors or T Mac's Magic but not nearly as good of a team.

I may seem like I'm rooting against this kid but I'm not. I'm just right there with Michael Jordan when he says nowadays kids get all this praise before they play a single NBA game. This guy is a high risk, high reward player. Just don't forget HIGH RISK as well. He's not a player who dominated the college ranks like the greats did. Hell Blake Griffin was 2nd all time in double doubles for NCAA and had superstar written all over him according to scouts, drawing Malone comparisons yet most people were skeptical over his game transitioning to the NBA level and all that. After his injury people forgot about him pretty much.

Kyrie has been injury prone his college career and now he's still recovering and injured. Yet people have all this hype and faith about him and he's not even an A prospect. He's a B at best.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 09-25-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife
Derrick Williams, Kanter > Irving
This, plus Kemba Walker. Irving got overhyped.
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #20
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Look at the list of PG's who averaged 20 ppg and tell me how many are in the hall of fame or will be. I don't know many 20 ppg PG's who aren't elite or at least all star level. It's not that I think this guy sucks.. I just think he will tap out at a Mo Williams level. Great shooter and scorer good for maybe 17 ppg tops and 7 apg. His defense and playmaking aren't anything to write home about. Another thing to remember is as a PG he's going to have a lot more trouble adapting to the NBA game than Lebron did in Cleveland as a 6'8 240 pound SF who had a superior build to everyone.

i said 'could'.

devin harris has averaged 20 a game.

hes no hall of famer.

its really that ridiculuos to think that irving has the potential to be as good a scorer as harris was?

you compare him to mo. irving projects to be a much much better penetrator than mo ever was, was a much better shooter in college than mo was, and hes got a couple inches on him as well.

he comes across as a very mature young man. he has leadership qualities that are incomparable to mo. mo said that he almost f*cking retired after 'the decision'. mo isnt a leader. hes a front runner, and i think kyrie will be a much better competitor and leader than mo was.

Quote:
The problem on top of that is...... Cleveland doesn't have any other weapons you need to worry about besides Baron at times (nobody doubles him anymore though) and Jamison once in a while. You guys traded your best all around player in Hickson. Meaning that IF somehow Irving is a great scorer and does get close to 20 ppg in the next couple years... you guys won't have enough talent around him to take away that pressure. He's going to be the next one man team if that happens. Think Vince Carter's Raptors or T Mac's Magic but not nearly as good of a team.

cleveland's future is pretty open right now, so to presume that in 5, 6, 7, years time from now (probably irving's prime), that we wont have any other offensive threats, is kinda foolish.

Quote:
I may seem like I'm rooting against this kid but I'm not. I'm just right there with Michael Jordan when he says nowadays kids get all this praise before they play a single NBA game. This guy is a high risk, high reward player. Just don't forget HIGH RISK as well. He's not a player who dominated the college ranks like the greats did.

i dont really see how he has too much risk. at worst hes a really good shooter, solid play maker, good defender, and good leader. not a ton of risk there from my point of view.

i know that we didnt get a lot of games to see him, but its pretty hard to look like a good leader, good scorer, etc., for 11 games if you arent one. maybe the shooting, maybe he was just on a hot streak, but over 11 games? possible, but unlikely. you cant get 'hot' and look like a good penetrator, so we know for a fact that hes a good penetrator.

Quote:
Kyrie has been injury prone his college career and now he's still recovering and injured. Yet people have all this hype and faith about him and he's not even an A prospect. He's a B at best.

i agree that he probably has got more hype than he deserved from some people, just because he was no.1 overall, when he was in a very poor draft.

dont run away with things. im under no illusions that he will ever be great, but i think he has the potential to be a 20 a game guy eventually. hes a great shooter, good penetrator, and a good leader. i like his prospects, but i fully comprehend the fact that he cant be our centerpiece. hopefully that comes in the 2012 draft, which has a lot more potential stars.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
lamapex
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lamapex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I like how you say kyrie is injury prone while he has only injured his toe once. And how you defend blake and say it was just one freak injury when he hurt his knee and that he is not injury prone. DUde get off blakes nuts and stop hating on kyrie.
lamapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #22
noob cake
Good college starter

noob cake has not been impressing people

lol, all the haters in here has obviously never watched Irving. Irving posses an elite combination of leadership, poise, court vision, handling, defense and scoring ability. He is pretty much as close to a point guard prospect as you can get. How a player develops in the NBA is unpredictable.

Having a freak TOE (not FOOT, ****en Toe) injury doesn't make him injury prone. I bet he could get his big toe amputated and still play basketball.
noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #23
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Lol at the haters in this bitch. Irving is a future superstar
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
cavsfanatic
Local High School Star

cavsfanatic has an OK reputation so far

Lol @ Kemba Walker. I wanted Irving and Jonas. I wish we kept JJ tho
cavsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamapex
I like how you say kyrie is injury prone while he has only injured his toe once. And how you defend blake and say it was just one freak injury when he hurt his knee and that he is not injury prone. DUde get off blakes nuts and stop hating on kyrie.

You can kiss my ass. Blake just played 38 mpg and started all 82 games. Not to mention he hustles more than any other player in the game and works like an animal. He also did all 3 main ASW events. All this after coming off a freak knee fracture and surgery. Based on that we can say it was a fluke so far. You don't realize how complex Kyrie's injury is. If it was simple it would of healed a long time ago.

Kyrie played a whopping 11 games in college and is expected to miss time if season starts on time. Why should I be impressed?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #26
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
i said 'could'.

devin harris has averaged 20 a game.

hes no hall of famer.

its really that ridiculuos to think that irving has the potential to be as good a scorer as harris was?

you compare him to mo. irving projects to be a much much better penetrator than mo ever was, was a much better shooter in college than mo was, and hes got a couple inches on him as well.

he comes across as a very mature young man. he has leadership qualities that are incomparable to mo. mo said that he almost f*cking retired after 'the decision'. mo isnt a leader. hes a front runner, and i think kyrie will be a much better competitor and leader than mo was.

cleveland's future is pretty open right now, so to presume that in 5, 6, 7, years time from now (probably irving's prime), that we wont have any other offensive threats, is kinda foolish.

i dont really see how he has too much risk. at worst hes a really good shooter, solid play maker, good defender, and good leader. not a ton of risk there from my point of view.

i know that we didnt get a lot of games to see him, but its pretty hard to look like a good leader, good scorer, etc., for 11 games if you arent one. maybe the shooting, maybe he was just on a hot streak, but over 11 games? possible, but unlikely. you cant get 'hot' and look like a good penetrator, so we know for a fact that hes a good penetrator.

i agree that he probably has got more hype than he deserved from some people, just because he was no.1 overall, when he was in a very poor draft.

dont run away with things. im under no illusions that he will ever be great, but i think he has the potential to be a 20 a game guy eventually. hes a great shooter, good penetrator, and a good leader. i like his prospects, but i fully comprehend the fact that he cant be our centerpiece. hopefully that comes in the 2012 draft, which has a lot more potential stars.

I respect your realism. As long as you aren't one of those who think he's a franchise caliber player.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 AM   #27
lamapex
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lamapex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You can kiss my ass. Blake just played 38 mpg and started all 82 games. Not to mention he hustles more than any other player in the game and works like an animal. He also did all 3 main ASW events. All this after coming off a freak knee fracture and surgery. Based on that we can say it was a fluke so far. You don't realize how complex Kyrie's injury is. If it was simple it would of healed a long time ago.

Kyrie played a whopping 11 games in college and is expected to miss time if season starts on time. Why should I be impressed?

Btw Blake injured his knee three times and got surgery while in college. Did u know about that?
lamapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:41 AM   #28
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Itīs okay Greg. No worries.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #29
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamapex
Btw Blake injured his knee three times and got surgery while in college. Did u know about that?

Yup I did. One was a sprained MCL and the other a tear in a ligament. COMPLETELY different than what his knee fracture was at the NBA level. Blake also plays more physical and reckless than anyone I've ever seen. Wanna go back to their high school days too ? My reason for using Blake for an example was people blew it out of proportion when he was injured and he was an A+ prospect... yet when these injury issues for Irving are brought up.. you guys shrug them off. Until Blake gets another serious injury at the NBA level let's not label him injury prone. He was actually quite the iron man as I said so far at the NBA level considering all he did and the minutes he logged this year.

Foot/toe injuries have actually ended a lot of NBA players careers or at least shortened them. Look how long the guy has been injured. I even read while he was in college that doctors couldn't really figure out how to fix it (not sure if that's changed).
Old 09-26-2011, 02:57 AM   #30
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

I hear what you are saying Fez, but unfortunately you are hating too hard on Irving because you don't want him to do well as a Clippers fan, cos you traded Mo Williams for him. Check your emotion at the door.

Irving will be a great NBA PG and I think the Cavs made the right choice.

Originally I thought Williams/Knight would be better, but now I consider there current picks to have been the correct ones.

They got an excellent PG with a high ceiling, all-star ceiling. And they got a definite power forward with skills, athleticism, length, and strength. They filled needs. In a draft like that you fill needs.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: