Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Richesly
Atlanta Hawk Fan

Richesly has an OK reputation so far
Default Jamal Crawford or Jason Terry. Discuss!

Discuss!
Richesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
ThemBombs
Good High School Starter

ThemBombs has not been impressing people
Default Re: Jamal Crawford or Jason Terry. Discuss!

the hawks suck.
ThemBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

jamal
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected poster

Jamal is the better ball handler, and Terry is the better shooter. They are extremely similar players otherwise.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Crawford provides more mismatch problems because he's a 6'4" combo guard very capable of playing the point if he has to. Terry really isn't a ball handler and he's undersized at 6'1" playing the 2. But Terry is also the better shooter and I prefer him in the clutch. If you have a big frontcourt, I prefer Terry. Otherwise, Crawford.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stolen from my "Who you got" page.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=234333

Last edited by bagelred : 09-25-2011 at 06:51 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Jamal is just a better ball player when it comes to everything. I would even go as far as to say he is better shooter. Atleast a better shooter when he creates his own shot. Jamal is a better ballhandler, passer, driver, finisher etc. The only reason why we all know Terry today is because he was lucky enough to get to play on the Mavs. He would never have been able to lift the Crawford teams into the playoffs more then Crawford.
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Crawford provides more mismatch problems because he's a 6'4" combo guard very capable of playing the point if he has to. Terry really isn't a ball handler and he's undersized at 6'1" playing the 2. But Terry is also the better shooter and I prefer him in the clutch. If you have a big frontcourt, I prefer Terry. Otherwise, Crawford.

Crawford due to size I guess..
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Kyle_korver
nba finals towel boy

Kyle_korver has an OK reputation so far

Jamal Freaking Crawford .. Scored 50 on 3 different teams n has the most 4 point plays n NBA history ..he is a scoring Monster
Kyle_korver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
Kyle_korver
nba finals towel boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
Jamal is just a better ball player when it comes to everything. I would even go as far as to say he is better shooter. Atleast a better shooter when he creates his own shot. Jamal is a better ballhandler, passer, driver, finisher etc. The only reason why we all know Terry today is because he was lucky enough to get to play on the Mavs. He would never have been able to lift the Crawford teams into the playoffs more then Crawford.
This...Let's not overrated Terry now .. Jamal Crawford has alot more clutch shots than Terry .. Jamal Crawford has just never been on a contender.. The best team he was on was the hawks.. Come on
Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Crawford is better at evrything except set shooting and trash talk. At the same time idk if he could shit on Lebrick to the extent Jet did
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Terry really excels at off-ball movement and catch and shoot situations. Jamal constantly needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Both are pretty similar at pull up jumpers, but Jamal is certainly more creative when it comes to getting a shot off. Honestly, Terry is probably the easier player to have on your team than Jamal is.

I've been watching Jamal since his Bulls and Knicks days. He needs an offense that is unstructured and allows him to eat up 10-20 seconds off the shot clock. Terry more or less needs to run off a few screens and get a good shot or at the very least he spreads your offense to allow your primary offensive weapon on the floor to do his work.

Both are great spark plugs in their own right that can easily change the pace and tempo of a game, but I think Jamal's style of play requires a coach who is willing to sacrifice possessions for Jamal to take really tough shots or to eat away valuable shot clock time. You just hope that more often than not he's doing the right thing (which he's improved at, for sure). It's not to say that Terry doesn't do that himself--he has been known to do that occasionally--but the frequency is much less with him than it is with Jamal. Also wasted Terry possessions are usually jacking up a shot too early in the shot clock which is stupid, but you waste less time. Jamal, on the other hand, will dribble 10-15 seconds off and force a tough fade away or pull up.

Last edited by wang4three : 09-25-2011 at 08:22 PM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
NBAller
Good High School Starter

NBAller has an OK reputation so far

I'll take da champ
NBAller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I like Jamal Crawford, but as an overall player best player, I would go with Jason Terry, since he can run the point far better than JC can.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #15
Kyle_korver
nba finals towel boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
I like Jamal Crawford, but as an overall player best player, I would go with Jason Terry, since he can run the point far better than JC can.
When was Jason Terry a good pg????
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: