Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
thatoneblackguy

thatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputationthatoneblackguy has a terrific reputation
Default PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests

Me being a PC gamer have known this all along but I just wanted to see ISH's opinion on this.

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-gamers...s-179579.phtml

(article dates 07.22.2010)
thatoneblackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation
Default Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests

Glorious PC Master Race rejoice!
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not too surprising, consoles tend to attract a lot more of the casual audience.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want to play COD on the PC to tell the difference or any FPS. I'm just curious how the aiming works with a mouse and keyboard.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I want to play COD on the PC to tell the difference or any FPS. I'm just curious how the aiming works with a mouse and keyboard.

Movement and aiming with a mouse and keyboard is sooooooooooo much easier.

This study has little to do with the difficulty of playing either PC or console, and everything to do with the fact that more casual gamers own consoles. I bet most of the "PC gamers" in this study also owned a console.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Movement and aiming with a mouse and keyboard is sooooooooooo much easier.

This study has little to do with the difficulty of playing either PC or console, and everything to do with the fact that more casual gamers own consoles. I bet most of the "PC gamers" in this study also owned a console.

I think movement is actually better with controllers, since the analog stick gives you better control over direction and movement speed. Aiming however is definetly better with a mouse.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaskoX1
Glorious PC Master Race rejoice!
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
I think movement is actually better with controllers, since the analog stick gives you better control over direction and movement speed. Aiming however is definetly better with a mouse.

I've never disagreed with something as much as I do this. There's absolutely no comparison to a gaming mouse and an analog controller. I don't even know what you mean when you say direction in the first place. Like, does your brain work better telling your hand where to go using an analog controller compared to a mouse?

And "aiming"? Aiming IS controlling the "direction" and movement speed. Aiming covers everything.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #9
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It is 100x Time easier to aim with a mouse then it is with a stick. That is a huge advantage 0.o
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I've never disagreed with something as much as I do this. There's absolutely no comparison to a gaming mouse and an analog controller. I don't even know what you mean when you say direction in the first place. Like, does your brain work better telling your hand where to go using an analog controller compared to a mouse?

And "aiming"? Aiming IS controlling the "direction" and movement speed. Aiming covers everything.

I'm comparing movement with the WASD keys to an analog stick.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm comparing movement with the WASD keys to an analog stick.

Ohhhhhhh. My bad then man.

Well, yeah, I completely agree then.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Skillz
It is 100x Time easier to aim with a mouse then it is with a stick. That is a huge advantage 0.o
Exactly.

I can't even go back to Battlefield on consoles.

Only thing I play a controller with on PC are for a game like Batman AA, NBA or GTA.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Agreed. Also, looking around while performing other actions is much easier.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:38 AM   #14
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wanna check out fps on pc. I might do this tmw..
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #15
crosso√er
Decent college freshman

crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster

No casual gamer still plays PC; most gaming nerds prefer PC though.
Even in University, I had arcade rooms and it was all geeks sitting around 14 computers playing counterstrike or some other random shooter for literally hours.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: