Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default Has there been an NBA equivalent of what just happened with the Sox and Rays?

Just amazing the comeback and collapse in the past month...and of course, how it all came down to tonight...and proceeded to end in spectacular fashion.

Rays hitting a homer with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to tie and then win on a walk off...

The Sox losing a 3-2 lead in the 9th...when they had 2 outs and no opposing runners on base.....

These two events coming within mere minutes of one another...

Any NBA equivalent to this? Just insane.

Last edited by therammingman : 09-29-2011 at 06:26 AM.
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Has there been an NBA equivalent of what just happened with the Sox and Rays?

I'm not sure...kings and lakers? But they both made the playoffs so it loses a lil drama.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has there been an NBA equivalent of what just happened with the Sox and Rays?

I don't know sh!t about baseball, so I don't know much about half of this comparison... but Golden State making that trade with the Pacers then making the playoffs on the last day of the season and beating the Mavericks was rather dramatic.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Holy Random
Kids at the park dunk on me

Holy Random has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
I don't know sh!t about baseball, so I don't know much about half of this comparison... but Golden State making that trade with the Pacers then making the playoffs on the last day of the season and beating the Mavericks was rather dramatic.
Especially when Dallas sat their starters a few games back against Golden State easily losing that game and if they played their starters and won GS wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Still not as epic as the Red Sox and Rays though.
Holy Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

I dont know, but I doubt it.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
Just amazing the comeback and collapse in the past month...and of course, how it all came down to tonight...and proceeded to end in spectacular fashion.

Rays hitting a homer with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to tie and then win on a walk off...

The Sox losing a 3-2 lead in the 9th...when they had 2 outs and no opposing runners on base.....

way to copy my thread
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
way to copy my thread

therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Lebowski has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman

I read in, NY Times I think, about the chance of this happening. It was like 255 million to one, or in the area of that. Which can be described as a seldom occurring event I guess.

I cant think of anything like it during the years I followed the NBA.
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
way to copy my thread

It's not really a copy, since this one's broader than your obvious troll thread.
SpecialQue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wanna say the Knicks in mark jacksons rookie season made the playoffs on the last 3-4 seconds of the season.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

no, because the NBA isnt as flawed as the MLB.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
It's not really a copy, since this one's broader than your obvious troll thread.

way to jump to conclusions
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
no, because the NBA isnt as flawed as the MLB.
One of the most intense and exciting NIGHT in sports history but flawed... hilarious
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #14
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
way to jump to conclusions

"who had the bigger choke job in 2011, LeBron or the Boston Red Sox?"

How is that not a troll thread?
SpecialQue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #15
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This would never happen in the NBA, two totally different games. You stack a bunch of All-Stars on an NBA team, and you're at least making the playoffs.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: