Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Rare 1996 Chicago Bulls Insight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgxOduiEh3E

I wonder if Bill Wennington still has those videos around...
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rare 1996 Chicago Bulls Insight

It amazes me how this team won 72 games with Steve Kerr & Bill Wennington as their 7th & 8th man, yes the league was watered down with expansion, but it tells you how well coached & how good MJ & Pippen were.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #3
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

poor randy brown.... kid lost all his money on that flight
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 AM   #4
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
It amazes me how this team won 72 games with Steve Kerr & Bill Wennington as their 7th & 8th man, yes the league was watered down with expansion, but it tells you how well coached & how good MJ & Pippen were.
Both kerr and wennington were valuable in their roles. Both were grat jumpshooters and in wenningtons case, a good strong post defender. Neither could score on their own, but that wasn't their job
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
Positive
High School Varsity 12th Man

Positive has decent reputationPositive has decent reputation

that was a really cool video, thanks for posting it.
Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #6
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive
that was a really cool video, thanks for posting it.

No problem bro. Will try to find some more rare videos to share on ISH when i do find them.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 AM   #7
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That was a cool video legend. I especially loved the interview with jordan. Where he said that he was 97% of what he was in his prime. I've always maintained that the decline in jordan was miniscule. That interview sealed the deal
Old 09-27-2011, 03:25 AM   #8
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
That was a cool video legend. I especially loved the interview with jordan. Where he said that he was 97% of what he was in his prime. I've always maintained that the decline in jordan was miniscule. That interview sealed the deal

Agreed.

Another key factor was his trainer Tim Grover. You could definitely see his improvement, body wise, from 1990 and onwards.

Tim Grover also said that Jordan's mindset into training was "unique" and that he was such a competitor that he wanted to "outwork" everybody, work on his stregths and weaknesses, and that he always wanted to get better because he simply was not satisfied.

From those intense workouts, even though athletically he was on the declining, mentally and physically, he was on another level. So it made up for what he was losing athletically, with smarts, being well prepared, etc..
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #9
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Soundwave is considered somewhat coolSoundwave is considered somewhat cool

Really, really cool video. I wish we got more of this stuff.

The Bulls' private jet was really nice.

Also forgot that during that 72 win season, there was a stretch where Pippen was hurt and Rodman was suspended, so Jordan basically carried them for a little while on his own.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

damn, 1996 Bulls are the GOAT team.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

That doesn't really say much. What do you expect him to say? "I'm clearly a shell of my former self" even though he was trying to reclaim his status as best player in the league? Its like when you hear older athletes say that they are in the best shape of their life i.e. Randy Moss this past offseason for example.

He was still the best player in the league, but I'd say from 85-93 he was in prime shape physically, and from 90-98 he was in prime shape mentally (minus 94 and 95), meaning 90-93 was him at his absolute best.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
That doesn't really say much. What do you expect him to say? "I'm clearly a shell of my former self" even though he was trying to reclaim his status as best player in the league? Its like when you hear older athletes say that they are in the best shape of their life i.e. Randy Moss this past offseason for example.

He was still the best player in the league, but I'd say from 85-93 he was in prime shape physically, and from 90-98 he was in prime shape mentally (minus 94 and 95), meaning 90-93 was him at his absolute best.
Oh my god..................!!! So now your gonna argue with jordan himself? He basically dignified everything I ever said in the debate about the differences between him from 91-93 and 96-98.

He admitted he lost some athleticism, but it was minimal, from his perspective (about his own body). But made up for it with wisdom and a better workout regimine.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #13
Da_Realist
College star

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Oh my god..................!!! So now your gonna argue with jordan himself? He basically dignified everything I ever said in the debate about the differences between him from 91-93 and 96-98.

He admitted he lost some athleticism, but it was minimal, from his perspective (about his own body). But made up for it with wisdom and a better workout regimine.

Jordan was too proud to admit, while he's trying to reclaim the title as best player in the game, he wasn't the same player. He's in the middle of the season. You really think Jordan would say any different? The fact that he admitted he was less than he was at all is saying something.

He said 95 to 97% of what he was. You have always said he was better, so I don't know how this vindicated anything you've said I think he was about 90% of what he was in the early 90's, but the important thing is neither he or I or most people that watched his career thinks he was a better player than he was in the early 90's. Better teammate, maybe. More resourceful, maybe. Better able to pick his spots and attack when it was needed, maybe. Better player? NO.

And he admitted it.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
NugzHeat3
Local High School Star

NugzHeat3 has an incredible reputation hereNugzHeat3 has an incredible reputation hereNugzHeat3 has an incredible reputation hereNugzHeat3 has an incredible reputation hereNugzHeat3 has an incredible reputation hereNugzHeat3 has an incredible reputation hereNugzHeat3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Realist
Jordan was too proud to admit, while he's trying to reclaim the title as best player in the game, he wasn't the same player. He's in the middle of the season. You really think Jordan would say any different? The fact that he admitted he was less than he was at all is saying something.

He said 95 to 97% of what he was. You have always said he was better, so I don't know how this vindicated anything you've said I think he was about 90% of what he was in the early 90's, but the important thing is neither he or I or most people that watched his career thinks he was a better player than he was in the early 90's. Better teammate, maybe. More resourceful, maybe. Better able to pick his spots and attack when it was needed, maybe. Better player? NO.

And he admitted it.
And none of those are true, anyway. They are cliched sentiments that generally apply to older players.

As they age, its common that players mature, make smarter decisions, pace themselves and whatever else BS you want to put in there to help your case.

But Jordan was different and an exception. There is nothing he did better from the first three-peat as opposed to the second. Nothing. But people will continue to reach as hard as possible to find anything that fits their argument.

There is nothing Jordan didn't know about "winning" in 1991 than he did in 1997. He had learned to adapt his game given the circumstance. Even late 80s Jordan seemed different than the first three peat one. Its all depending on the circumstances. Jordan picked that up earlier than most players do.

You can't tell me Jordan couldn't have picked his spots in the first three peat. He couldn't do so because he didn't have that room for error because the first three peat team wasn't as dominant relative to their competition as opposed to the second one.

All that crap about his post game coming alive in 1996 is false as well. He just didn't post up as much as he did in the second three peat for various reasosn.

I wasn't really aiming this at you because I think you of all people would know this but for the casual person out there who buys into the media saying.
NugzHeat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #15
Da_Realist
College star

Da_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation hereDa_Realist has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
And none of those are true, anyway. They are cliched sentiments that generally apply to older players.

As they age, its common that players mature, make smarter decisions, pace themselves and whatever else BS you want to put in there to help your case.

But Jordan was different and an exception. There is nothing he did better from the first three-peat as opposed to the second. Nothing. But people will continue to reach as hard as possible to find anything that fits their argument.

There is nothing Jordan didn't know about "winning" in 1991 than he did in 1997. He had learned to adapt his game given the circumstance. Even late 80s Jordan seemed different than the first three peat one. Its all depending on the circumstances. Jordan picked that up earlier than most players do.

You can't tell me Jordan couldn't have picked his spots in the first three peat. He couldn't do so because he didn't have that room for error because the first three peat team wasn't as dominant relative to their competition as opposed to the second one.

All that crap about his post game coming alive in 1996 is false as well. He just didn't post up as much as he did in the second three peat for various reasosn.

I wasn't really aiming this at you because I think you of all people would know this but for the casual person out there who buys into the media saying.

No, I agree with your post. You said it about as well as can be said. I remember watching a game from 96 or 97 where the announcer said that Bill Cartwright told him back in the late 80's or early 90's that MJ would be a better player as he lost some of his ability. I think there are 2 ways to look into this comment. My point of view is...it's sort of a wrong statement to say someone will be a better player after losing some of his ability to play. Cartwright's pov is that because he lost some of his ability, it will force him to utilize his teammates more and think in terms of the team. That's why I put a "maybe" by those statements.

I would take early 90's Jordan as the better player because I think if push comes to shove, early 90's Jordan could become what late 90's Jordan was. But I don't think the reverse is true. I saw some things early Jordan did from a production standpoint (so I'm not accused of favoring a certain style of play) that I don't think late Jordan could do. I'm not talking a huge gap, but that gap is clear.

Last edited by Da_Realist : 09-27-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Da_Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: