Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2011-2012 NHL Thread

Hey, just got into FH last year, but league died quick (ISH league) and joined another this year. Since another guy posed a question on fantasy hockey, anyone got some insight on my team?

Toews, C
Kesler, C
Semin, LW, RW
Taylor Hall, LW
Dustin Brown, LW, RW
St. Louis, RW
Visnovsky, D
Yandle, D
John Carlson, D
John michael liles, D
Kessel, RW
Spezza, C
Couture, C
Nugent Hopkins, C

And Lundqvist and Halak.

Like last year I am thin at the blue line. And yes Hall and the Nuge were just homer picks. I am quite stoked for Edmonton, such much potential for this team.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:08 AM   #17
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden695
Hey, just got into FH last year, but league died quick (ISH league) and joined another this year. Since another guy posed a question on fantasy hockey, anyone got some insight on my team?

Toews, C
Kesler, C
Semin, LW, RW
Taylor Hall, LW
Dustin Brown, LW, RW
St. Louis, RW
Visnovsky, D
Yandle, D
John Carlson, D
John michael liles, D
Kessel, RW
Spezza, C
Couture, C
Nugent Hopkins, C

And Lundqvist and Halak.

Like last year I am thin at the blue line. And yes Hall and the Nuge were just homer picks. I am quite stoked for Edmonton, such much potential for this team.
Dammit!! I should have picked up RNH sooner!!
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #18
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Trade Kessel while his value is high. He always starts the season on fire then dies off until the last 10-15 games when the Leafs make their annual post-season push.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #19
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Dammit!! I should have picked up RNH sooner!!
I should have too! I never got him for his hat trick, I actually was away from pretty much all sources of entertainment so I never even knew he got it, until today, and that was the final push I needed to drop Smytty, I guess a Fantasy hockey team doesn't need heart players .

And Toni who should I try and get with Kessel? Package with someone or strait up. I can hold my own in hoops but fantasy hockey I am teh noob.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
And Toni who should I try and get with Kessel? Package with someone or strait up. I can hold my own in hoops but fantasy hockey I am teh noob.

It's just my opinion because he always starts the season off real hot then cools down until the end. His value can't be much higher than it is right now so I'm sure you can get another top-end goalie like Lundy, Fleury, Luongo, Howard etc if you float his name around in trade rumours. I'm not sure how much goalies are weighted in your league but I'm not totally sold on Halak as a top-end tendy, although he's still a good option.

But you are also taking a huge risk because if Kessel finally finds some consistency this season and continues his torrid pace, you are looking at 40-50 goals from him. It's totally up to you brother.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #21
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

I find playing in a 4 team league is very difficult because the only players I can cut are Skinner and Lidstrom but there are players like Ryan Kesler who I would love to pick up because from what I read, he is going to be back for Tuesdays game VS the Rangers...ergh....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #22
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
It's just my opinion because he always starts the season off real hot then cools down until the end. His value can't be much higher than it is right now so I'm sure you can get another top-end goalie like Lundy, Fleury, Luongo, Howard etc if you float his name around in trade rumours. I'm not sure how much goalies are weighted in your league but I'm not totally sold on Halak as a top-end tendy, although he's still a good option.

But you are also taking a huge risk because if Kessel finally finds some consistency this season and continues his torrid pace, you are looking at 40-50 goals from him. It's totally up to you brother.
I have Lundqvist and Halak, Halak was an accident in the draft though.

I have alot of "potential" guys on my team so maybe I will throw Kessel on the trading block and see what I get offered.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #23
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
I find playing in a 4 team league is very difficult because the only players I can cut are Skinner and Lidstrom but there are players like Ryan Kesler who I would love to pick up because from what I read, he is going to be back for Tuesdays game VS the Rangers...ergh....

I made a wicked league with a bunch of my buddies/ We have 15 teams so it's ultra-competitive. The free agent list is just the bare scraps of the league. We each pitched in $20 so the winner gets $200, second place gets $80 and third gets their $20 back.

Makes the season much more intuitive when you follow your favorite team, fantasy team, Proline and whatever bets you place with your buddies on games you watch.

I originally had the buy-in for my league at $50 but not many guys were willing to dish that out. The winner would have gotten $500, second place would have gotten $200 and third would have gotten their $50 back.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #24
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Jealous man.

I love fantasy hockey. I had 9 buddies lined up to throw in 50 bucks each, winner take all. For 8 days we tried to line up a day for our draft, and every day at least 1 person couldn't make it, and we ended up having our league with 6 people total, and we only payed in 20 because it wasn't worth it to do 50
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #25
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

you guys wanna do an ISH/Raps forum money league? I know it is a little late, and there might not be enough guys, but I think we could scrape up 10 alone just in the raps forum, let alone friends (if you guys want to invite peeps) and other ish posters.

I find money makes everything more interesting, plus I already said I was a noob at this so your all at an advantage
Old 10-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #26
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Avs 5-1 whaaaaat up
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #27
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
you guys wanna do an ISH/Raps forum money league? I know it is a little late, and there might not be enough guys, but I think we could scrape up 10 alone just in the raps forum, let alone friends (if you guys want to invite peeps) and other ish posters.

I find money makes everything more interesting, plus I already said I was a noob at this so your all at an advantage

I would but it's a little late. I'll be in for next year.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #28
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Should I trade Spezza and Meszaros for Shea Weber and Chris Stewart? I need another defenseman but Spezza is playing really well right now. Stewart I thought would be a sleeper but he hasn't done much yet.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #29
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Should I trade Spezza and Meszaros for Shea Weber and Chris Stewart? I need another defenseman but Spezza is playing really well right now. Stewart I thought would be a sleeper but he hasn't done much yet.

Yes, yes you should.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #30
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Oh Habs, what is going on?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: