Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 10-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #31
Qwertyazerty
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Deron Williams' Team Eliminated From Eurocup (Stats)

I am happy for Mons-Hinaut, I wasn't expecting em to beat Besiktas.

(15 FGA and 7 3ptA) + (13 FGA and 5 3ptA) are quite alot for someone not being motivated. I like him as a player, but it really shows European level in basketball is not so low as many americains think it is. 9 assists isn't bad in FIBA games.
Qwertyazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #32
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyazerty
I am happy for Mons-Hinaut, I wasn't expecting em to beat Besiktas.

(15 FGA and 7 3ptA) + (13 FGA and 5 3ptA) are quite alot for someone not being motivated. I like him as a player, but it really shows European level in basketball is not so low as many americains think it is. 9 assists isn't bad in FIBA games.
Wrong. The FIBA ball is lighter and feels like plastic, almost as light as a women's ball. Euro teams probably do this on purpose to mess with the shots of the Americans who come over. Deron just needs a few weeks to adjust to the shitty ball like Durant did, then he will be dominating.

And yeah Deron standing behind the three point line and bombing away pretty much shows that he is hardly trying, because he can get to the hole anytime he wants to even against NBA level defenders.

So:
Out of shape
playing with a shitty light ball that feels like a childs ball
not trying

and still he's putting up 3 times the numbers and shooting just as good a percentage as the great Spanoulis! Imagine what will happen if Deron ever tries!
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #33
actitnetCag
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Download This is my own

Download Burberry Online
actitnetCag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #34
Qwertyazerty
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Wrong. The FIBA ball is lighter and feels like plastic, almost as light as a women's ball. Euro teams probably do this on purpose to mess with the shots of the Americans who come over. Deron just needs a few weeks to adjust to the shitty ball like Durant did, then he will be dominating.

And yeah Deron standing behind the three point line and bombing away pretty much shows that he is hardly trying
, because he can get to the hole anytime he wants to even against NBA level defenders.

So:
Out of shape
not trying

As said previously I like the player and think he can do well in Europe, for sure. It was just my opinion on the subject but, reading your comment I would like to point out a few things.

As far as I know he's been playing games for Besiktas since September (the 10th or so) and training a few weeks before. It doesn't tell much good about a player if he needs 2 months to adjust to a different ball.

The absence of a 3 seconds defensive violation in FIBA allows centers to protect their basket easier than in NBA, this alone makes more complicated to penetrate. If in addition you know zone defence is used more often than in USA…

In any job if well paid, your professionalism will lead you to give the maximum effort. The contrary also shows a lacks in your aptitudes. He is being paid a lot not to care. IMHO

NBA level is higher than FIBA in most of aspect, but saying European basketball level is low is just too subjective.
Qwertyazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #35
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

And yeah Deron standing behind the three point line and bombing away pretty much shows that he is hardly trying, because he can get to the hole anytime he wants to even against NBA level defenders.

So:
Out of shape
not trying

and still he's putting up 3 times the numbers and shooting just as good a percentage as the great Spanoulis! Imagine what will happen if Deron ever tries!

WRONG. The FIBA ball is bigger and heavier than the NBA ball.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: