Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default What will you do if there is no NBA season?

Will it have an affect on you?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
T-Low
College superstar

Default Re: What will you do if there is no NBA season?

What are you talking about? There is a season. I am actually playing it on NBA 2K12 right now!
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

^^^ Yeah that's probably the one thing I'll do, play 2k12. That and follow the NCAA more closely than I usually do.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

NCAA, NHL. Plus TV has gotten crazy good. Lots of good series' out there. Not to mention school and work and just life itself.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

There is Euroleague for me always, so it's a bit easier than for you guys I guess.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

If there were more Euroleague games on TV I'd definitely try to get into that.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #7
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

MMA. I've never been in a street fight, but I did some kick boxing and I enjoy watching MMA a lot. I download the fights from a torrent page and I watch that in English, just like Raptors games, so it is somewhat similar to me.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
MMA. I've never been in a street fight, but I did some kick boxing and I enjoy watching MMA a lot. I download the fights from a torrent page and I watch that in English, just like Raptors games, so it is somewhat similar to me.

What do you watch? UFC?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #9
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Yes, I watch all the UFC shows and some minor shows also. I know that there were some great UFC shows in Canada. And you have George St.Pierre who is not very exciting to watch but he is one of the top 3 in the world.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Yes, I watch all the UFC shows and some minor shows also. I know that there were some great UFC shows in Canada. And you have George St.Pierre who is not very exciting to watch but he is one of the top 3 in the world.

You should check out some older St. Pierre fights. Before he won the belt for a 2nd time, his fights were amazing. So much energy and so much talent.

The reason he's boring now is because he got knocked out against a MUCH inferior fighter (Matt Serra) because he wasn't being careful. His rematch against Serra was brutally one sided and very exciting if you're a GSP fan.

Since then, he kind of just does enough to win, he never finishes fights anymore because he doesn't want to get knocked out again.

Anyways, like I said, you should try to look for some of his older fights, because they are some of the best fights ever.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #11
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

I am getting into NHL again since the Oilers cinderella run in 06, although I got into it some last year. Call me a fairweather fan I guess since we are loading on prospects now, but I really am just starting to like hockey again, also basketball was getting pretty boring to me, especially with how the raps were looking. Also I do have somewhat of a life, and I have slowly been drifting away from bball for a while. Still love the 2k games and playing, but the NBA just feels shitty now, all my favourite players are senile or out of the league, and as nice as this new crop is they just don't have what made me worship the older players.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 AM   #12
kmart
No props needed

NHL, MMA, and NFL. NHL is starting to become a more fun league to watch day by day, although I don't like how guys avoid hitting now . I started losing interest in the NBA last season when the Miami big 3 formed, only really ever kept track of the Raps. Maybe the new CBA will keep me more interested.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #13
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
You should check out some older St. Pierre fights. Before he won the belt for a 2nd time, his fights were amazing. So much energy and so much talent.

The reason he's boring now is because he got knocked out against a MUCH inferior fighter (Matt Serra) because he wasn't being careful. His rematch against Serra was brutally one sided and very exciting if you're a GSP fan.

Since then, he kind of just does enough to win, he never finishes fights anymore because he doesn't want to get knocked out again.

Anyways, like I said, you should try to look for some of his older fights, because they are some of the best fights ever.
He has no rival in the welterweight division. He is a complete fighter. When he faces a striker he takes him down and delivers a little bit of ground and pound. When he faces a grappler it is 25 minutes of jabs... too predictible.

GSP vs Anderson Silva is a fight that makes a lot of sense. It is now or never because Anderson is 36. I guess the problem is only the weight. I think that a catchweight fight at 180 lbs would be fair.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I absolutely agree with what you're saying.

I'm just saying, BEFORE he was champion, when he was still trying to prove something, his fights were amazing, and I really reccommend you check them out.

A GSP/Silva fight would be amazing, but at this point I think its more likely we see Jon Jones/Silva.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #15
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
I'm just saying, BEFORE he was champion, when he was still trying to prove something, his fights were amazing, and I really reccommend you check them out.
OK, I'll do. I remember the two fights against Hugghes but, to be honest, I don't remember any previous fight.

Quote:
A GSP/Silva fight would be amazing, but at this point I think its more likely we see Jon Jones/Silva.
Silva is sensible enough to not fight Jones at 205, and Jones can't cut more weight.
In this interview, Anderson's manager says that "GSP could be a good opportunity" and that Silva could fight only four more times.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: