Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
JISU
Can barely lace up my sneakers

JISU has no real reputation yet.
Default Gasol brothers menace with destroying Euroleague and ACB

Hello.

Today I have seen in the news Pau telling that if the lock-out extends for all the season, he and his brother Marc would be very pleased to play with FC Barcelona in ACB League and Euroleague.

FC Barcelona is WITHOUT them a top team in Europe (Spanish Champion) and Euroleague Champion in 2010 ... with the gasol brothers, a team with:

Gasol x 2, Navarro, Pete Mickeal, Lorbek ... would be unstoppable. I have never seen a team so stacked in Europe.

Do you think that NBA stars will come to Europe (I mean, all star players level) If the lockout extends for all the seasons ?
JISU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #2
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gasol brothers menace with destroying Euroleague and ACB

That'd be an insane team.

Pau, Marc, Navarro, Lorbek, Huertas......just give them the trophy already
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #3
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JISU
Hello.

Today I have seen in the news Pau telling that if the lock-out extends for all the season, he and his brother Marc would be very pleased to play with FC Barcelona in ACB League and Euroleague.

FC Barcelona is WITHOUT them a top team in Europe (Spanish Champion) and Euroleague Champion in 2010 ... with the gasol brothers, a team with:

Gasol x 2, Navarro, Pete Mickeal, Lorbek ... would be unstoppable. I have never seen a team so stacked in Europe.

Do you think that NBA stars will come to Europe (I mean, all star players level) If the lockout extends for all the seasons ?

Pete Mickeal comes off a severe knee injury and surgery, plus several blood clots in his lungs, and he is 33. To expect anything much from him at all is ridiculous. You should have mentioned Eidson instead.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 AM   #4
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Yeah that would be even more stacked, but I can see CSKA giving them a fight and if Barcelona doesn't get Gasol brothers I'd take CSKA to win.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SO FAR, they're just training with them...
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 AM   #6
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Yeah that would be even more stacked, but I can see CSKA giving them a fight and if Barcelona doesn't get Gasol brothers I'd take CSKA to win.

CSKA with Teodosic at PG might possibly end in disaster. He had an awful season last year and overall he played pretty bad at EuroBasket. He absolutely needs a really hard coach like Giannakis to keep him in line.

An easy coach like Kazlauskas could be a disaster with him. And never mind that he can't guard anyone at the one position. Siska is old. Lavrinovic is old. Khryapa is extremely injury prone. Kaun is extremely injury prone. I think people are overrating CSKA.

Also, Barca with Wallace as their second PF, Ingles, Rabaseda and Mickeal (with his health status) as only options for 2/3 position after Navarro and Eidson - looks a bit questionable to me. Actually, they probably need at least one of the Gasols to have a more complete team.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-07-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why is Pau listed at 7' and Marc at 7'1", when Pau is clearly 1-2 inches taller?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
Qwertyazerty
Decent playground baller

Qwertyazerty has no real reputation yet.

What would Barça do if this ever happen? Fire N'Dong and or Fran Vasquez? Cause their roster is full already. As much as I love the idea of having both Gasol back in Europe, I wouldn't find it very classy if Barcelona does that to two important players that have helped so much the team. In addition, both should make huge economical sacrifice to play in Barcelona. But after knowing what Parker has done to help his own team and the love both Gasol have for Barça… impossible is nothing. If this happens, I can just say wow at this season euroleague...

Euroleague, maybe we are overrating CSKA but you have to admit it is a freaking good team on paper. You are acting as each and every player on their roster will offer his worst version this season…
Qwertyazerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyazerty
What would Barça do if this ever happen? Fire N'Dong and or Fran Vasquez? Cause their roster is full already. As much as I love the idea of having both Gasol back in Europe, I wouldn't find it very classy if Barcelona does that to two important players that have helped so much the team. In addition, both should make huge economical sacrifice to play in Barcelona. But after knowing what Parker has done to help his own team and the love both Gasol have for Barça… impossible is nothing. If this happens, I can just say wow at this season euroleague...

Euroleague, maybe we are overrating CSKA but you have to admit it is a freaking good team on paper. You are acting as each and every player on their roster will offer his worst version this season…

I'm guessing they'd cut N'Dong and loan out Vazquez.

CSKA is nasty this year. So much versatility across the board. Great foreign players along with the cream of the crop Russian players.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #10
Rooster
National High School Star

Rooster has an OK reputation so far

If the lockout continues, NBA players will change the landscape of European basketball. AK 47, Dirk, Gasol bros, Parker, Batum.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:56 AM   #11
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Why is Pau listed at 7' and Marc at 7'1", when Pau is clearly 1-2 inches taller?

The NBA height listings have always been a joke.

I believe Marc was listed at 6-11 in ACB.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:01 AM   #12
Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
The NBA height listings have always been a joke.

I believe Marc was listed at 6-11 in ACB.

No he wasn't. He was listed as 2.15 m = 7'0.6"

Stop spreading lies

http://www.acb.com/jugador.php?id=B4W
Old 10-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #13
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyazerty

CSKA is not that good on paper though. That's why they are being overrated.

Siska - looks good on paper, but in reality is old and washed up.

Kaun - looks good on paper, but in reality is always injured.

Khryapa - looks good on paper, but in reality is always injured.

Lavrinovic - looks good on paper, but in reality at this point can guard literally no one.

Gordon - looks good on paper, but in reality cannot shoot at all.

Teodosic - looks good on paper, but in reality there is something mentally wrong with him.

The names on the paper are meaningless versus the reality of what is their likely production going to be. I could be wrong, but I don't see anything impressive at all about CSKA's roster to be perfectly honest about it.

I think they are for sure being overrated. The sure bets of that team based on the current state of players are guys like Krstic, Kirilenko, Mejia, Vorontsevich, Ponkrashov.

Schved is still young and is a question mark. And how much will they really get out of guys like Vorontsevich and Ponkrashov anyway? How much do you get out of Gordon, when he can't shoot? What can you realistically expect from Mejia, a guy playing in a big club for the first time in his career?

I just don't see why CSKA is supposed to be so great. I would not consider their roster any better than the rosters of Efes, PAO, Barca, Siena......I'm not even sure why their roster would be that much better than teams like Real Madrid, Baskonia, Olympiacos, Milan, Maccabi, etc.

And last year I remember having this same exact conversation on this board. I said over and over last year that CSKA was not that good of a team and had old and injured players. EVERYONE else guaranteed they would make the final four, or at least be serious contenders for it.

After they played NBA teams extremely tough last year, guys were guaranteeing greatness for CKSA here, and I again said they were not that good of a team and were extremely overrated.

Well, we know how that turned out. Bottom line is, maybe CSKA has a great year, maybe they win it........but the fact is that they are really overrated and are not nearly as good as people say they are.

Because people tend to greatly exaggerate how good each of their players are individually, and almost their whole team is a collection of such players - guys that are not nearly as good as their reputation is.

Even in the case of Krstic and Kirilenko people really overrate them because they base their level on things like EuroBasket........this is not EuroBasket, nor the Olympics or whatever.

This is the Euroleague, where it is much harder to consistently maintain carrying a team and where adjustments are much more of a factor. It's way harder to carry CSKA than it is to carry Serbia or Russia for a small tournament.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-08-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:07 AM   #14
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
If the lockout continues, NBA players will change the landscape of European basketball. AK 47, Dirk, Gasol bros, Parker, Batum.

Parker plays in Eurocup, not Euroleague. Don't see how he can "change the landscape of European basketball" without even playing in Euroleague.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-08-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:08 AM   #15
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
No he wasn't. He was listed as 2.15 m = 7'0.6"

Stop spreading lies

http://www.acb.com/jugador.php?id=B4W

FYI they changed that listing after he went to the NBA. He WAS listed at 2.10 meters by ACB. I remember that for a fact.

And ACB listings are about as unreliable as NBA listings are anyway.

ACB lists Prigioni at 6-1, when he's more like 6-4.

Everyone here already knows what a liar you are after your litter tirade yesterday.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-08-2011 at 02:10 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: