Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-21-2006, 06:10 PM   #16
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I see it now..the raps have cleared two players that play sf/pf for a player that plays both of those positions in the draft. Andrea Bargnani or Tyrus Thomas.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GoCrapz can you remove your avatar? Its really dumb, you should be promoting that nonsense. Thanks.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:14 PM   #18
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Rasho's contract sucks and the Spurs call him the great white stiff for a reason. I think BC got hosed.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #19
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default No #1

The spurs got a 2, not a 1.

I actually like this deal for both teams. Williams and Bonners make 7 million this year anyway, and despite the fact that I like Bonner a lot, this move really helps clear out the rotation, and allows for more minutes for Charlie and whoever we draft.

Rasho will be a serviceable center, and realistically, he costs the same or less than what the Raps would have had to do to get one this summer anyway (4 or 5 year deal for midlevel+).

In the east, and with Bosh, CV and whoever is drafted, getting a guy like Rasho who can give 7/8 pts and boards a game and play some defense, which he is very capable of doing given reasonable minutes) is more than enough.

Aldridge/Rasho
Bosh/CV/Humphries
CV/Graham
Mo Pete/Graham
Ukic/Calderon

That's a decent lineup, and that's without having spent any of the 14 million in Cap space that the Raps have, and without including their 2nd round picks (hopefully Brown with pick 35).

Even if the Raps trade down and take Bargnani or Marcus Williams, they'll get another good piece in return (i.e. Brevin Knight).

Last edited by bjtrdff : 06-21-2006 at 06:35 PM.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #20
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

I dont know what to think of this trade. EWill and Bonner are both scrubs themselves but Rasho is way overpaid. I guess he's a decent starting C and he's better than what we had last year but his contract is horrible. Im not a big fan of this trade but I dont hate it either.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #21
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
GoCrapz can you remove your avatar? Its really dumb, you should be promoting that nonsense. Thanks.

happy? newly aqquired Rasho!! (or Radoslav, whatever they call him around here)
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #22
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well this will definetly open up backup minutes for Bargnani at the 4 and possibly the 3 and 5 as well.

My guess for the Raptors depth chart for next year:

PG - Brevin Knight - Calderon
SG - Mo Pete - 2nd rounder
SF - Villanueva - Graham - Bargnani
PF - Bosh - Bargnani - Humphries/Sow
C - Rasho - Bargnani - Sow

Stick Roko in as a bench combo guard at the 1 and 2 if he comes over to the NBA.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 06-21-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #23
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default ^^

I think opening up minutes is a great aspect of this deal, and getting rid of Williams is a huge plus too.

Whether is Bargnani, Aldridge, or Thomas, this will give the team the space necessary to play Bosh, #1 and CV significant minutes.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't like his deal either, but Rasho's a legit center, and as such, improves the Raptors over two players they can't really even use any more. I'm guessing that Colangelo is trying to set TO up to make the playoffs next year. This a step in that direction without sacrificing any major young talent.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #25
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Looks like this officially rules out a MIL-TOR trade. Which is great news.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks Gorapz. Appreciate it...and the new avatar is funny. Rasho looks like a tool.

Question if Toronto drafts Bargani...what are the odds he is even ready to produce/contribute? I'd go Aldridge, Gay or Morrison...actually trade down and try to land one of the 3 and in the trade aquire a backup frontcourt player.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #27
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well Bargnani has been playing good minutes for his team in the playoffs lately and the word is that the Euro league can be considered fairly equal to the NCAA in terms of competition. Last time I looked, he's been getting decent stats in some of the games (around 15 points and 7 rebs with a bad game in his last one where he only had 8 pts in 30+ mins only 3/5 shooting). He plays with a couple of veteran 3pt chuckers so he doesn't get as many shots as you'd like him to get.

I think he will be able to contribute right away, just nothing too significant. He'll definetly be a bench player initially. I think with him being 7'1 (in shoes) and 250 lbs, the hope is that he'll become a C sometime in the future since Bosh is definetly the PF.

If they took Aldridge, he'd be backup at the moment too unless he shocks everyone and proves to be a quality NBA center. I doubt he would produce much more or less than Bargnani would in the same role on the Raptors.

Gay and Morrison are ones that would definetly screw the Raptors lineup up a bit. Both are 3's and really shouldn't be playing any other position. I think they would definetly produce more initially but do the Raptors then go with a small (and VERY soft) lineup with Morrison/Gay, Charlie and Bosh??? Or does Charlie go to the bench or get traded???

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 06-21-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:14 PM   #28
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

He used two stiffs for one to plug a major concern. Rasho will plug space gra a couple of boards and box out. Eric Williams = worthless and Bonner was good his first year than had abreakdown last season. It gives the spurs cap relief and fills a bad hole for the Raps. If we take Aldridge, Brown and Leon Powe/Taj Gray

PG - FA/Ukic/Calderon
SG - Mopete/Brown/Alvin
SF - CV31/Graham
PF - Bosh/Garbajosa/Powe
C- Aldridge/Rasho/Sow

Not bad
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #29
astroboy2k5
Can barely lace up my sneakers

astroboy2k5 has an OK reputation so far

Great trade. They improved their rebounding and shot-blocking. For basically a guy that doesnt play and a pf that can shoot from outside. Maybe there is no need for him because they will be drafting a pf that can shoot from the outside.
astroboy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #30
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Rasho has a player option on his contract. Last year of the contract is a player option. Its unlikely he will opt out but we can dream right
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: