Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #31
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

decent trade I guess. Rasho makes too much, but at least we clear out Eric W and Bonner is no great loss given that some of our primary draft options are frontcourt players so we needed to clear minutes anyway. Rasho won't overwhelm, but as long as he is serviceable for 30mins a game, that will make him the best Raptors center since Kevin Willis
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #32
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

This thread is being highly underrated for San Antonio. I think Williams could be an effort guy for them, at worst a benchwarmer, and Bonner could actually provide a good spark off the bench for them, especially with his 3 point shooting. Basically San Antonio loses nothing in this deal and gains, at worst, a future draft pick, future cap space and a promising young guy off the bench.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #33
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

San Antonio is getting old. They need an injection of youth. Matt Bonner gives them that. They also got rid of Rasho's contract, but with Mohammed being a free agent, what are they going to do about their center position? If they move Duncan to center, then they would still need to get a big man to play the 4. I hope they have a young big man who can start.

Rasho is a center and Toronto needs one. He's an overpaid big man, but all big men are overpaid nowadays. His defense is okay. He won't put up monster numbers, but he gives you size. In a few years, he's great trade bait. Just looking at the positives.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #34
funky2dope
I airball my layups

funky2dope has an OK reputation so far

I like it. Rasho just needs to be solid to lighten the load on Bosh. A definite step in the right direction.
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #35
WildStyle
High School Starter

WildStyle has an OK reputation so far

Rasho isn't as bad as a lot of people are making him out to be. Not a bad move by the Raps.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #36
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

I remember a long time ago Stephen A Smith said Rasho can't play basketball. Time for Rasho to prove him wrong
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #37
Spurs00
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Spurs00 has no real reputation yet.

Rasho a BUM....HE CAN'T PLAY..PLEASE DOG
Spurs00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #38
tydal
I airball my layups

tydal has an OK reputation so far
Default Rasho = upgrade

Rasho isn't bad and he is light years better than what the raps had before as center:

1. Araujo
2. Pape Sow
3. Cardboard cutout of Alonzo flexing
4. 13 Million dollar traffic cone courtesy of Antonio Davis

As long as he doesn't move (everytime he moved before, it was a foul to the refs) then he's the best thing the raps have had at center in a long time
tydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #39
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Stephen A. Smith is to blame for Rasho's bad rep.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #40
Spurs00
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Spurs00 has no real reputation yet.
Talking

Thanks spur21...I think were going a little smaller this year...I would like too see a little more youth,but it's coming right R.C
Spurs00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #41
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

i think this trade was done with the intention of re-signing nazr...and even if we dont resign nazr we will most likely get robertas javtokas from lithuania to be our starting center.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #42
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
but with Mohammed being a free agent, what are they going to do about their center position?

Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:13 PM   #43
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nice shark tattoo. He'll follow up another great international C who had a shark tattoo:

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:27 AM   #44
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Rasho and Villenueva is an acceptable duo at center.

Plus if they draft Barghnani or Aldridge, then they have depth.

Rasho is actually more an Eastern Conference center.

If he is healthy and hitting his jump shots, he can be helpful for purple.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:49 AM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Villy aint no Center.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: