Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
swi7ch
Banned
 
swi7ch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,457
swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

sure as long as cp3 doesn't join the heat
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #17
C_lake2802
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 90
C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Yea, just needs to up his bball iq a bit but hes clutch with 3's and plays decent defense
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #18
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star
 
MiseryCityTexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,837
MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

naw i think he better coming off the bench.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
Rnbizzle
Banned
 
Rnbizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 4,843
Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
naw i think he better coming off the bench.
Sure, but who's starting then? Bibby? Guys like Rose, Westbrook, Paul, Williams all would have a field day against him..
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #20
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong
 
Human Error's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,279
Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

He should not be a starting NBA point guard but lack of other options will make him one. I hope he does well.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #21
cuad
kings fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,330
cuad has not been impressing people
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

I wish Lebron would lose weight so he could play PG. They could let Dwyane Wade guard the PGs and put Mike Miller into their lineup. But anyway, Chalmers should have been their starting PG in the playoffs.
cuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #22
Miserio
I dunk on kids
 
Miserio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,413
Miserio has decent reputation
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuad
I wish Lebron would lose weight so he could play PG. They could let Dwyane Wade guard the PGs and put Mike Miller into their lineup. But anyway, Chalmers should have been their starting PG in the playoffs.
Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #23
aj242
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 261
aj242 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Lol @ all of these posters who only saw him in the Finals saying "Oh yeah he's legit he's great blahblahblah"

He isn't a starting caliber PG on a Championship team. He had a fluke finals; I love Rio, but he isn't our PG of the future. He has been a mediocre-average player for the last 3 years. I will say this; if he learns how to defend properly as well as become a deadly 3-pt shooter, instead of just an above average one, he could be the starter.

Edit: Also, I agree with one of the earlier posters; Chalmers is terrible defensively. He gets steals so people are under the impression that he is a good defender, and he is in that respect; but man-to-man, he is one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA.

True, however the guy in the finals is perfect for the Heat. The only thing the Heat will probably have money for is vet minimum guys on its last legs.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #24
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,804
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

I watched the majority of Heat games last season and there is a reason Chalmers didnt start over Arroyo and Bibby most of the time.
To begin with he is an okay 3PT shooter at 0.356, but overall he isnt a good shooter. He basically can only hit them when he completely wide open, whether its 5 foot or 25 foot. He is an average shooter.
He is decent at reading passing lanes and pick pocketing lazy dribblers, but his one on one defence is average and at times below average so Spoelstra just benches him on those occasions.
He is 25 years old turnign 26 next season, and his best season was as a rookie. Not just statistically, but in terms of playing PG and overall as a players. He then regressed for 2 staright seasons. He has a reputation for being lazy, and couldn't even play good enough nor hard enough to start over terrible players, despite the fact he knew he was playing with the big 3 for months.
Now he played very solid during the 2011 finals. But that doesnt make up for the below average to at times appalling regular season.

This dude is a career backup. He is not a starting PG.
The heat will not re-sign him for what he wants. The heat will use that money to get a professional player, who can play better than Arroyo and play hard.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #25
Peteballa
Go Gators
 
Peteballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 2,418
Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
I watched the majority of Heat games last season and there is a reason Chalmers didnt start over Arroyo and Bibby most of the time.
To begin with he is an okay 3PT shooter at 0.356, but overall he isnt a good shooter. He basically can only hit them when he completely wide open, whether its 5 foot or 25 foot. He is an average shooter.
He is decent at reading passing lanes and pick pocketing lazy dribblers, but his one on one defence is average and at times below average so Spoelstra just benches him on those occasions.
He is 25 years old turnign 26 next season, and his best season was as a rookie. Not just statistically, but in terms of playing PG and overall as a players. He then regressed for 2 staright seasons. He has a reputation for being lazy, and couldn't even play good enough nor hard enough to start over terrible players, despite the fact he knew he was playing with the big 3 for months.
Now he played very solid during the 2011 finals. But that doesnt make up for the below average to at times appalling regular season.

This dude is a career backup. He is not a starting PG.
The heat will not re-sign him for what he wants. The heat will use that money to get a professional player, who can play better than Arroyo and play hard.

Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #26
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,804
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Players the heat should sign instead of Chalmers (unless he takes the backup money he deserves)

Delonte West
Barea
Telfair
Earl Watson
Marcus Banks (as a backup)
Willie Green
Anthony Carter (as a backup)
Acie Law (as a backup)


Aaron Brooks would be ideal but obviously 1% chance.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #27
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,388
BallsOut has not been impressing people
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Players the heat should sign instead of Chalmers (unless he takes the backup money he deserves)

Delonte West
Barea
Telfair
Earl Watson
Marcus Banks (as a backup)
Willie Green
Anthony Carter (as a backup)
Acie Law (as a backup)


Aaron Brooks would be ideal but obviously 1% chance.

BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #28
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,804
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut

Delonte plays hard and plays the right way. He would be a good fit on the heat. Even if the Gloria James story is true (it isnt) Lebron can get over it.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #29
D-Wade316
F***
 
D-Wade316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,505
D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
For sure. And, IMO, LeBron and Wade should let him run the offense more and learn to play off the ball better.
I completely agree with this.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #30
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,804
G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Can Mario Chalmers be the Heat full-time starting point guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
For sure. And, IMO, LeBron and Wade should let him run the offense more and learn to play off the ball better.

So 2 of the top 5 players in the league, both of which are ball handlers, should let a third string guard with poor decision making handle the ball more?
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy