Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Batman Arkham City: "One of the best games ever made" 10/10 score

Oh cmon!!

I'm considering getting this instead of Fifa now.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #17
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

How do they let you keep a game for an entire month? What are you paying?
They have this pass where you can rent any game or movie for an entire month, and you can swap it out whenever you want during the month for another game or movie. The one near me had a half off promo for this past month, normally its 15 a month but it was 8 bucks.. really good deal.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #18
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
60hrs in and only 40% complete? Unless its similar to GTA because the main story missions only accounted for 60-63% of the 100%. The rest were side missions and tedious explorations/findings.

How do they let you keep a game for an entire month? What are you paying?

It's like 15 a month for unlimited movies and games BUT you can only have 1 at a time like Netflix unless you go up to the 19 dollar plan then it's 2 at a time. There was a time where I HATED Blockbuster but they have changed everything. All movies are 1 day rentals unless you have pass and only cost 99 cents or 2.99 for new releases. Also the games are a buck a day compared to 9+ bucks for 5 days like before.

They also have improved customer service and the Netflix style movie plan is awesome.

As for BAC (Batman Arkham City) it IS like GTA. It has a ton of side missions and tedious exploration to solve Riddler's clues etc which are much harder this game.

Also Blockbuster was recently giving me nonstop free 1 dollar rentals for every rental I did. So basically I got a shi*load of free movies. They also have cool deals like popcorn and a full 20 ounce soda for $1.50. In the store the drink alone will run you $1.60+.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 10-14-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #19
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
They have this pass where you can rent any game or movie for an entire month, and you can swap it out whenever you want during the month for another game or movie. The one near me had a half off promo for this past month, normally its 15 a month but it was 8 bucks.. really good deal.

Yup. First month is 7.99... 15 every month after. At mine I don't have a limit of a month. I can rent the game/movie for 5 months straight if I wanted. Unless I misunderstood your post.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Oh cmon!!

I'm considering getting this instead of Fifa now.

4 reviews now giving it a perfect 10 and saying it's as big as a Rockstar game. I'd take Batman over a freaking soccer game bro.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #21
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
4 reviews now giving it a perfect 10 and saying it's as big as a Rockstar game. I'd take Batman over a freaking soccer game bro.

It's such a tough decision. I haven't had a FIFA game in a while and a bunch of my friends have it. I'm just going to rob the store and take Batman, FIFA, Uncharted and Saints Row.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #22
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
It's such a tough decision. I haven't had a FIFA game in a while and a bunch of my friends have it. I'm just going to rob the store and take Batman, FIFA, Uncharted and Saints Row.

Ask GOBB how I funded a couple recent games . I'm just gonna rent Batman though because I can keep it for a month. I'm sure a month is plenty of time to complete game thoroughly.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #23
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Quote:
Ask GOBB how I funded a couple recent games . I'm just gonna rent Batman though because I can keep it for a month. I'm sure a month is plenty of time to complete game thoroughly.

Didn't you say you stole some games and returned them for store credit or something?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #24
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Didn't you say you stole some games and returned them for store credit or something?

Yes. I jack random things and return for store credit. Not proud of it.. but still job searching. I actually usually get like hundreds over a month.. give my girl all of it for food, bills.. then just get 65 for my game .
Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I thought the Riddler's clues were pretty damn good for a side-game collectible. Better than what any other game has done IMO.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #26
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I thought the Riddler's clues were pretty damn good for a side-game collectible. Better than what any other game has done IMO.

This time supposedly they are way harder and take actual thought to get to. Like getting the perfect angle on a jump etc. No more just finding them all over.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #27
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wasnt gonna buy it because BF3 comes out a week later but after reading all the reviews i gonna go ahead and pre order now from amazon.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #28
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Does anyone know how IGN comes up with their overall score?
Arkham City received a 9.5 overall scorer; which is phenomenal.

Yet when I read their review and seen their segregated scores; I found some inconsistencies.

Uncharted 2:

Presentation: 9.5
Graphics: 10
Gameplay: 9.5
Sound: 9.5
Lasting Appeal: 9.5
Overall: 9.5

Arkham City:

Presentation: 9.0
Graphics: 8.5
Sound: 9.0

Uncharted scores higher on three categories yet receives an identical overall score? I just wish they used a quantifiable methodology for coming up with their overall score. I'm assuming they're using a weighted average of some sort, giving "lasting appeal" and "gameplay" the highest nominal value, which is the only way it explains the tie.

I'm torn about this game; I already pre-ordered Uncharted 3. But am tempted to get at least five other games for the holidays; but I also won't have time as I have my final-exams in December. Ugh, I'll wait I think.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #29
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Does anyone know how IGN comes up with their overall score?
Arkham City received a 9.5 overall scorer; which is phenomenal.

Yet when I read their review and seen their segregated scores; I found some inconsistencies.

Uncharted 2:

Presentation: 9.5
Graphics: 10
Sound: 9.5

Arkham City:

Presentation: 9.0
Graphics: 8.5
Sound: 9.0

Uncharted scores higher on three categories yet receives an identical overall score? I just wish they used a quantifiable methodology for coming up with their overall score. I'm assuming they're using a weighted average of some sort, giving "lasting appeal" and "gameplay" the highest nominal value, which is the only way it explains the tie.

I'm torn about this game; I already pre-ordered Uncharted 3. But am tempted to get at least five other games for the holidays; but I also won't have time as I have my final-exams in December. Ugh, I'll wait I think.

It's obvious why this is dude. Think of it as intangibles in a sport. There are things you can't define but you just know it makes something better or worse. On paper Uncharted games are perfect when you factor in major facets like graphics.... but at the end of the day sound, graphics etc don't mean a hell of a lot to a diehard gamer.

Which explains why both got an equal score. IGN views them both as nearly perfect but not quite perfect. Uncharted 3 received a 9.9 and 9.5 score so far compared to Arkham City receiving 3 perfect 10's and a 9.5. So obviously both games are incredible. I just personally think Uncharted is overrated but that's due to my gaming style. I'm not a fan of high adrenaline, Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones clone type adventure games. These types of games bore me. Just like if you're not into superhero's, sandbox style gaming and action... Arkham City probably isn't for you.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 10-15-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #30
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
It's obvious why this is dude. Think of it as intangibles in a sport. There are things you can't define but you just know it makes something better or worse. On paper Uncharted games are perfect when you factor in major facets like graphics.... but at the end of the day sound, graphics etc don't mean a hell of a lot to a diehard gamer.

Which explains why both got an equal score. IGN views them both as nearly perfect but not quite perfect. Uncharted 3 received a 9.9 and 9.5 score so far compared to Arkham City receiving 3 perfect 10's and a 9.5. So obviously both games are incredible. I just personally think Uncharted is overrated but that's due to my gaming style. I'm not a fan of high adrenaline, Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones clone type adventure games. These types of games bore me. Just like if you're not into superhero's, sandbox style gaming and action... Arkham City probably isn't for you.

I should have expanded my original post; as it would have explained why your reasoning isn't applicable in this case.

Despite Uncharted 2 not receiving a perfect score; for the past two years it was considered by IGN the best game for the PS3. Which is why I think their numerical rating is inconsistent. They should at least modify their score at a later date. Their opinion of the game isn't reflective of their rating. If it was, then games like GTA, RDR & Metal Gear Solid would be above Uncharted 2. For the past two years, they were not according to their articles.

IGN does not (and should not) rate games based on their own personal preference. They rate games with an objective state of mind and the "genre" allows gamers to determine if it's their type of game.

List some descriptive intangibles that you speak of. If Batman had more intangible items and thus increased it's overall appeal; then it should have received a higher score in "Lasting Appeal" or perhaps "Gameplay" but it didn't. If you could explain to me what these intangible items you speak of are, I might be able to get a better idea of what you mean by it. The way I interpret "other benefits/intangibles" is through lasting appeal; which according to IGN, both games received an identical score.

You also need to analyze the source of those reviews. Some sites are notorious for giving out a perfect score for any really good game. I wouldn't say my preference is comic book based video games but I'm happy it received such a prestigous score. It will most certainly diverse my gaming collection, since sooner or later I will purchase Arkham City.

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 10-15-2011 at 12:42 PM.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: