Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #61
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Batman Arkham City: "One of the best games ever made" 10/10 score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Generally speaking with sandbox games, I just play them till I feel like i've gotten the most out of them. Like Red Dead Redemption, good game! great multiplayer! but I've only beaten like 40% of the campaign because it's sooooo long.

Well my pre-order won't be here till 6 because UPS runs stupidly late at my apartment.

Sweet man. 6 PM tomorrow right?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #62
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Generally speaking with sandbox games, I just play them till I feel like i've gotten the most out of them. Like Red Dead Redemption, good game! great multiplayer! but I've only beaten like 40% of the campaign because it's sooooo long.

Well my pre-order won't be here till 6 because UPS runs stupidly late at my apartment.

Tell me how you like the game tomorrow. I'll be getting it shortly.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #63
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Found all the scores for game that have been released so far.

Strategy Informer – 100%
GamePro – 100%
Digital Spy – 100%
Giant Bomb – 5/5
Videogamer – 10/10
1UP – A
IGN – 9.5
GameTrailers – 9.3
Destructoid - 8.5

Destructoid is known as elitist reviewing and they always grade extremely harsh. For them to give an 8.5 is a big deal and if that's the worst score Batman has gotten it's an incredible game.

Also here are all the costumes that will be released over time in PSN marketplace/Live as well as a couple that will be had upon getting your game copy. I definitely like Batman Beyond costume the best (all Black one) followed by the Blue and Gray Batman.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/702...ed-exclusives#

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 10-17-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:25 AM   #64
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mione has been shipped although i will get it tomorrow morning i probably wont be able to play it untill after 9 pm since i work 11 - 830.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 AM   #65
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Note to anyone renting this game: if youre renting batman, just be aware that you will not be able to play as catwoman. some of you may not care, but her gameplay in the campaign is integral in the overall storyline. If you do rent the game and want to play as catwoman; youll have to fork over $10 to unlock her and the complete story.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #66
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
Note to anyone renting this game: if youre renting batman, just be aware that you will not be able to play as catwoman. some of you may not care, but her gameplay in the campaign is integral in the overall storyline. If you do rent the game and want to play as catwoman; youll have to fork over $10 to unlock her and the complete story.

My girl is buying me game for Christmas but i'm renting for now. But yea Blockbuster already told me it won't include code.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #67
Clippersfan86
Banned

Okay so after more reviews have come out it looks like the 80+ hours game is exaggerated. You're looking at 15 hours for main mission, 10 hours worth of side missions and another 15 or so for ALL Riddler Challenges. So basically 40 hours of gameplay unless you're incredibly slow. If you get the pre order versions with extra content missions just add 1-2 hours to this. Still very long with much more DLC coming in the next month. Also game has high replay value because it's very sandbox where you can run around and save random people etc.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #68
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

40 hours of gameplay^^^^

I very much doubt it, only RPG based games actually have 40+ hours of gameplay. This is still an action adventure. 20 hours max I reckon.
step_back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #69
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
40 hours of gameplay^^^^

I very much doubt it, only RPG based games actually have 40+ hours of gameplay. This is still an action adventure. 20 hours max I reckon.

40 hours for full completion of a sandbox game with challenges, trophy bonuses and side missions is very realistic man . Games like this usually have a range. So maybe this one will be 30-40 hours because the review I just read said they took 40. Another claimed 60+. I doubt they would randomly lie about it.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #70
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gonna pick it up on my way home today. College is closed too.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #71
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Gonna pick it up on my way home today. College is closed too.

I've been playing about 30 mins. Great game but like most sandbox games it's hard for me to figure out where things are because the map is so massive. Like I've already gotten lost twice. My only complaint is the camera angle is very zoomed in and sometimes Batman makes it hard to see things.

I didn't remember the controls for Asylum too so I struggled for a sec there. I didn't remember how to change tools etc to explode walls. It's the directional pad.

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 10-18-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #72
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

My brother is picking it up today. I have to do too much studying though. Sounds really good. He beat the first one and said it was amazing. Now I see that this one is looking even better. I will probably play this one.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #73
Clippersfan86
Banned

If anyone gets stuck ask me and I'll help with W/E I can. The puzzles are as hard as an old school Resident Evil game to me. It took me 15 mins to figure out how to get to Joker in the Steel Mill.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #74
Clippersfan86
Banned

Once you get into a rhythm this game rocks. I just responded to a distress call and it so happens Bane needs my help. I'm really glad he didn't want to fight me because dude is literally 5 times my size in this game.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #75
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bought it but im stuck at a poker game won't be able to play till 6am or tomorrow if I'm too tired tonight
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: