Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Do you agree with Rob Parker?

Just wondering how many people think Tom Brady can't get it done in the playoffs. I honestly didn't know that Brady had doubters, now that I have seen one I want to know if it runs deep.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do you agree with Rob Parker?

THat's stupid, he's done it a majority of times, saying he can't strikes me as not really fair. THe only difference to me now is it's not a lock he does it. It used to be "how many TDS's will he throw today? 4? 5?".

I fully think he might not have the greatest day in the Super Bowl, but i think that will be if we are beating the crap out of him with our front four. Not because Brady is "off". If for my Giants to win we'd need Brady to be off we'd be in a world of shit.

Is it just me or is this internet raised generation of fans determined to be black and white? Eli doesn't win, he gets lucky. EVERY GAME. BEcause if it's not, that means their team has issues. Brady was a god. Now, he sucks. Not, he's slightly less godlike because he got a little older but he's still probably the best QB. That's too complicated. HE SUCKS!

Last edited by niko : 01-27-2012 at 10:48 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have to catch replay of First Take to see what he said. Did he mean in general or this postseason?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
THat's stupid, he's done it a majority of times, saying he can't strikes me as not really fair. THe only difference to me now is it's not a lock he does it. It used to be "how many TDS's will he throw today? 4? 5?".

I fully think he might not have the greatest day in the Super Bowl, but i think that will be if we are beating the crap out of him with our front four. Not because Brady is "off". If for my Giants to win we'd need Brady to be off we'd be in a world of shit.

Is it just me or is this internet raised generation of fans determined to be black and white? Eli doesn't win, he gets lucky. EVERY GAME. BEcause if it's not, that means their team has issues. Brady was a god. Now, he sucks. Not, he's slightly less godlike because he got a little older but he's still probably the best QB. That's too complicated. HE SUCKS!

Skip bayless just called Eli lucky and says Asante Samuel was the Bill Buckner of that SB because he dropped a sure INT only to have Eli and Tyree to hook up on that crazy catch.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I think it's a valid discussion. He's been pretty bad in the playoffs since 2005.

His last 11 playoff games he's played 3 good ones that were up to his regular season level - vs. the jets back in 2006, jags 2007, broncos 2011.

In that same 11 game span, he's had 6 BAD games, and 2 average games (superbowl, indy 2006)
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I think it's a valid discussion. He's been pretty bad in the playoffs since 2005.

His last 11 playoff games he's played 3 good ones that were up to his regular season level - vs. the jets back in 2006, jags 2007, broncos 2011.

In that same 11 game span, he's had 6 BAD games, and 2 average games (superbowl, indy 2006)

Eh, He's won 3 SB rings..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

That's the problem when you win SB so quickly. If the SB were spread apart in his careers, not one analysts make these types of comments.

Last edited by ALBballer : 01-27-2012 at 11:41 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

It's a team sport, highlighted by this past week where guys like Sterling Moore, Lee Evans, Williams (KR), and Cundiff who had game-changing plays that dictated their teams advancing or not. Brady advanced to the superbowl while playing an admittedly terrible game.

We won a damn superbowl with Peyton playing his only 2 bad playoff games since 2006, back to back - the rest of the team picked up the slack.

Brees has NEVER played a bad playoff game and he only played in 1 superbowl. Why's that? Because the rest of his team wasn't up to par.

Superbowls do count for something if you hold up your end up the bargain (i.e not being carried to a ring) but it's not something that excuses Brady's past 11 playoff games - it is what it is.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

11? Please justify that.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Justify what? Take a look at his last 11 games in the playoffs, I don't need to justify anything.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Justify what? Take a look at his last 11 games in the playoffs, I don't need to justify anything.
"Facts are misleading." Moving on...
Old 01-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
"Facts are misleading." Moving on...
A colts fan making judgments on whether Tom Brady is good or not based on playoff record.

There is irony here, isn't there?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

LOL OMG WTF :)

Epic
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
LOL OMG WTF :)

Epic
It's true. Did you see after the Giants game? Not only did some call the Giants lucky, but EVERY SINGLE GAME that Eli won this year, and in 2007 were explained away. We are basically on the verge of a 2nd gift superbowl.

Or Melo. Melo either needs to be traded and or killed, or he is the GOAT. Not, he needs to adjust his game and be asked to. NOPE. Leave him be or take him out to the barn and shoot him.

It's ridiculous.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
A colts fan making judgments on whether Tom Brady is good or not based on playoff record.

There is irony here, isn't there?

I never said anything about Tom Brady and his playoff record.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: