Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tebow bandwagon starting up in week 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
NO.
I would debate your point, but you didn't actually make one.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I would debate your point, but you didn't actually make one.
Tebow isnt a Atlanta falcon vick like playmaker at all. I dont need to elaborate any further at all. Anyone who is older than 12 will agree with me, plus the falcons were dominant in 2004.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd say Tebow is more like a Vince Young type winner than comparing him to Vick. He won't blow you away with stats but he will make those little plays that need to be made in order to win.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Tebow isnt a Atlanta falcon vick like playmaker at all. I dont need to elaborate any further at all. Anyone who is older than 12 will agree with me, plus the falcons were dominant in 2004.
Again: you've made no relevant point. You're probably still a teen yourself so
I don't see where the stupid talk about age comes from. People that remember Vick the Falcon remember that he only had one season with a QB rating over 80 and his completion percentage was never close to 60. 2400 yards passing was normal year. When judged exclusively as a passer Vick was below-average. He made up for those mediocre numbers with timely playmaking and his rushing ability.

And no, 11-5 is not "dominant." Kudos for making the NFC title game in 2004 but calling that squad dominant is like saying the Celtics were elite in in 2002.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'd say Tebow is more like a Vince Young type winner than comparing him to Vick. He won't blow you away with stats but he will make those little plays that need to be made in order to win.
Vick's stats in ATL were unimpressive, especially his passing stats. He had amazing highlights but his only impressive numbers were all of the "great running for a quarterback" variety.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #21
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Vick's stats in ATL were unimpressive, especially his passing stats. He had amazing highlights but his only impressive numbers were all of the "great running for a quarterback" variety.

The reason I compare Tebow more to Vince Young is because he doesn't have the explosive playmaking that Vick has. Tebow will scramble and get a first down or make the key pass for the win but he's not going to make 5 tacklers miss and run for 80 yards like Vick did in ATL.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
The reason I compare Tebow more to Vince Young is because he doesn't have the explosive playmaking that Vick has. Tebow will scramble and get a first down or make the key pass for the win but he's not going to make 5 tacklers miss and run for 80 yards like Vick did in ATL.
That's true, and I'm not going to say Tebow is as good as Vick was, but my basic comparison is just the ability to be a QB that a team can win with who himself isn't t=good at passing. Tebow doesn't have the speed but he does have charisma like Vick. Young doesn't seem to inspire his teammates at all.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #23
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What has Tebow done to make you think that he can make plays like a prime Vick?

I'm 21 btw.

Vick was a better QB than you give him credit for, I just dont understand how in the world you can make that comparison. One can actually throw the ball.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
What has Tebow done to make you think that he can make plays like a prime Vick?
I'm not comparing Tebow to "prime" Vick (you may not realize this but Falcon Vick wasn't a good passer at all), nor am I saying that he's as good as Falcon Vick, just that they're both guy who can help their teams win games but don't get it done consistently as passers.

Quote:
Vick was a better QB than you give him credit for, I just dont understand how in the world you can make that comparison. One can actually throw the ball.
What did I write about Falcon Vick that was inaccurate? The man has himself admitted that he didn't study hard enough and the numbers clearly indicate a sub-par passer.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #25
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5otWaHameY

I do agree tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #26
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Tebow's a play maker. coaches/organizations always seem wrong on sticking with their starter thru thick and thin, while always acting like the player in waiting is never ready, and soooo many times those coaches/organizations are wrong. just like with Painter vs Collin's, but i swear organizations/coaches have been wrong way more often than right in these situations by and large. even if Brady Quinn sucked, he was a hell of a lot better tahn Derek Anderson after his 1 good year....

but i swear football coaches more than anyone tend to be stubborn to a fault with their thinking....
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Count me out.

I still don't see the ability to display all the tools and change them when defenses adjust.

I think in a few weeks the league will figure it out and I just don't see anything from Tebow to suggest he can adjust back.

I imagine Denver will be getting a QB come April.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #28
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
I'm not comparing Tebow to "prime" Vick (you may not realize this but Falcon Vick wasn't a good passer at all), nor am I saying that he's as good as Falcon Vick, just that they're both guy who can help their teams win games but don't get it done consistently as passers.

Tebow has started like three games. You cant be serious right now.

Were you comparing Derek Anderson to young Steve Young in 07?

You act like Tebow is making plays left and right like Vick was. Also, what games has Tebow won? I'm pretty he only has ONE victory for his career.

Great comparison.

Quote:
What did I write about Falcon Vick that was inaccurate? The man has himself admitted that he didn't study hard enough and the numbers clearly indicate a sub-par passer.
You underrated the shit out of him. Vick had a rocket for an arm, Tebow is in-accurate, slow release and has a questionable arm. Scouts were knocking him for that during the combine IIRC.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #29
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Start him for trade value, Elway doesn't want him as his QB, and I honestly think they'll be drafting a QB in the draft. I think they end up drafting someone like Nick Foles/Kirk Cousins/Ryan Tannehill and get rid of Tebow.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #30
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've never seen someone run a franchise into the ground faster than Josh McDaniels did with Denver.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: