Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #91
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,094
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Europe basketball is exciting. I saw Sasha Vujavic posterizing someone over there. The Machine is killing it. Even Ammo is killing it. It was not too long ago that both of these guys were passing towels at the end of the Lakers bench.

Deron Williams is still out of shape. Right now, he is just playing with half of his ability. He's pouring it against Euro bums and most of the time he is just setting up his teammates. He probably can't wait till the lockout is over.

Vujacic has only played preseason games so far. Morrison does not even play in Euroleague. Again, what is your point?
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:05 PM   #92
RintjeRitsma
I hit open layups
 
RintjeRitsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 146
RintjeRitsma has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
I think he is a little more concerned with playing his own team games than setting up all night to watch NBA games...especially when his team might be playing that day.

That's indeed the piont I made about the irrelevants of him not watching NBA games. Glad you get it now! The fact that he cares about the NBA speaks loudly in his comment about the best players in the sport he loves.
RintjeRitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #93
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,872
millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Vujacic has only played preseason games so far. Morrison does not even play in Euroleague. Again, what is your point?

Amazing thread, Euroleague/Arkansaleague.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #94
Rooster
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,205
Rooster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Vujacic has only played preseason games so far. Morrison does not even play in Euroleague. Again, what is your point?

I forgot Jordan Farmar. Someone gave him a starting gig. Face palm. Lakers garbages are being recycled in Europe. FTW.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #95
outbreak
Custom User Title
 
outbreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,544
outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Anyone arguing that the NBA is not the best league talent wise is a complete idiot. On the flip side of that anyone arguing that the Euro league is not a high quality league, even if it is below the NBA, is also an idiot.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #96
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 19,264
RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Whenever I read that a good player in the NBA is struggling in Europe it makes me wonder if maybe they got too much special treatment in the NBA. How many times do we see stars pick up 2 quick fouls, and then never get called for another one until the 4th quarter? I think maybe in Europe we actually get to see just how good these player really are without the babying they get over her in the NBA.

That can't be good for the NBA's image. It draws attention to to the fact that stars get treated differently in the NBA, and don't get pampered to in Europe. Is the NBA softer? I think everyone is seeing that the answer is a resounding yes. It also calls into question if the reason the NBA refs favor stars is because they have an agenda. If they do, which is already the suspicion of many NBA fans, it makes the NBA more of an opera than a sport.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #97
Soothing Layup
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Soothing Layup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 721
Soothing Layup has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Whenever I read that a good player in the NBA is struggling in Europe it makes me wonder if maybe they got too much special treatment in the NBA. How many times do we see stars pick up 2 quick fouls, and then never get called for another one until the 4th quarter? I think maybe in Europe we actually get to see just how good these player really are without the babying they get over her in the NBA.

That can't be good for the NBA's image. It draws attention to to the fact that stars get treated differently in the NBA, and don't get pampered to in Europe. Is the NBA softer? I think everyone is seeing that the answer is a resounding yes. It also calls into question if the reason the NBA refs favor stars is because they have an agenda. If they do, which is already the suspicion of many NBA fans, it makes the NBA more of an opera than a sport.

This.
Soothing Layup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #98
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman
 
B-Easy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,767
B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Whenever I read that a good player in the NBA is struggling in Europe it makes me wonder if maybe they got too much special treatment in the NBA. How many times do we see stars pick up 2 quick fouls, and then never get called for another one until the 4th quarter? I think maybe in Europe we actually get to see just how good these player really are without the babying they get over her in the NBA.

That can't be good for the NBA's image. It draws attention to to the fact that stars get treated differently in the NBA, and don't get pampered to in Europe. Is the NBA softer? I think everyone is seeing that the answer is a resounding yes. It also calls into question if the reason the NBA refs favor stars is because they have an agenda. If they do, which is already the suspicion of many NBA fans, it makes the NBA more of an opera than a sport.

I agree.

If the NBA got rid of superstar calls, letting players get away with travels and allowing the players to be more physical the league would be amazing.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:03 AM   #99
Whatfoul?
I hit open 5-footers
 
Whatfoul?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 288
Whatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this boardWhatfoul? is popular on this board
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Actually, officially, he was playing in EuroChallenge games. The qualifiers for Eurocup, are organized by EuroChallenge. US media got that wrong, but it's a minor detail.


Whatfoul? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #100
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star
 
Nero Tulip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,286
Nero Tulip has decent reputation
Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
I agree.

If the NBA got rid of superstar calls, letting players get away with travels and allowing the players to be more physical the league would be amazing.

Well, since we're allowed to ignore the competition of retards between Euroleague and Rooster, I agree and that's one big difference between Europe and the NBA.

People who watch the Euroleague tend to be real basketball fans, whereas David Stern knows that if he gives up on the casual viewers he's ****ed. That's why he'll never do what you ask. In Europe however, they never had to change the rules to let overhyped guards with the IQ of an oyster dominate the game, and it wouldn't make any difference.

That's why I don't dislike the current system, where you have 2 very high level leagues, with the NBA having more talent but also being a little bit of a joke sometimes.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy