Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Better Career: Julio Jones or AJ Green?

Both have shown to be remarkable talents.

Green:
24 catches
402 yards
3 TD's

Jones:
25 catches
358 yards
0 TD's

Keep in mind that Green has been the primary (and maybe only) target on the Bengals while Julio has Roddy playing on his other side. Both have had 10+ catches in a game this year, both have 2 games of 100+ yards. AJ went 4th in the draft while Julio went 6th - by the way, does that trade sting for you RBA?

Julio's combine - 4.39 40 yard dash, 38.5" vert, 6'3"/220

AJ's combein - 4.50 40 yard dash, 34.5" vert, 6'4"/207

I've seen some awesome things from both. I watched the 2nd half of the Bengals game where AJ Green had 10 catches and he was amazing including this catch.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Better Career: Julio Jones or AJ Green?

Matt Ryan doesn't have the arm to take advantage of Julio down the field at this point on a consistent basis.

I think AJ Green will be the more productive player. They both have amazing physical tools. AJ looks like he's a more shifty, fluid athlete though. I personally like what I see from Dalton early on, and if they continue to gain chemistry, the Bengals might have themselves a great duo that will remind them of Chad Johnson/Palmer without all the side stuff and ego stuff.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
Deadpool
Great young streetballer

Deadpool is considered somewhat coolDeadpool is considered somewhat cool

I'll take AJ Green. He' a better player but I don't know if he will have a better career simply because he has Dalton throwing to him. Jones has Matt Ryan and probably won't see the type of coverage Green sees because he's playing with Roddy White. But if you ask me who I'd take, my answer is AJ.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like both. Not sure who will have a better career. I think both will be on the same tier group when we rank, argue them. Hard to gauge statistical production. I just know both are ridiculously talented when it comes to catching the ball, body control.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll take Green. He seems like a pretty good person as well and I think that's good for a WR.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

AJ Green on pace for:
77 catches
1286 yards

Julio:
80 catches
1145 yards

last time we had two rookies as hyped as them who both live up to their high expectations in the first season?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd take AJ Green.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i really like aj green, but i think julio jones is built for the long term.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like Julio Jones for now simply because the organization he's in is run far better than the Bengals, though the Bengals look to be on the upswing.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Bob barker.......I'll take wes welker for the win.......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds

Anyways, give me Julio. Been watching both for years in SEC and I'll take him over Green but both are gonna be in the league for a long time.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #12
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
So I'm assuming we can NEVER have a conversation about WR's without you bringing Welker into it?

We're comparing two rookie receivers, Welker has nothing to do with this discussion.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At least bring up Decker if you have to bring up a white guy.

"Who's gonna be better: Decker or Jordan Shipley?"

"I'll take Andre Johnson and his beautiful chocolate skin."
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm surprised you guys don't have northwinds on your ignore list. Most obvious troll.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

JailBlazers you're obviously obsessed with dreds and gold teeth that of failed to mention Jordy Nelson, the unathletic slow white guy who isnt a starter.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: