Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #151
1rkrage
Eyyy Sexy Lady

1rkrage has decent reputation
Default Re: Better Career: Julio Jones or AJ Green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
pretty much is but i still like aj green. they both have their different strengths and most teams would kill to get one of them. both are on the cusp of elite, it not already there. of course, a lot of green's success depends on dalton being as good as he was last season. i don't think anybody is going to argue that dalton is in the same league as ryan. there were quite a few times last season where dalton underthrew green
uh.. Matt Ryan is Checkdown Charlie
1rkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #152
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
naw

I could see Julio being top 5 in yardage (perhaps even #1) but he is just not the physical specimen that Calvin is.

He doesnt have to be the physical specimen. Randy Moss, Terrell Owens were among the top WRs in the NFL. But there was another WR who could claim #1 during their primes and his name is Marvin Harrison.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #153
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He doesnt have to be the physical specimen. Randy Moss, Terrell Owens were among the top WRs in the NFL. But there was another WR who could claim #1 during their primes and his name is Marvin Harrison.
He had prime Peyton Manning throwing to him, not Matt Ryan.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #154
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
He had prime Peyton Manning throwing to him, not Matt Ryan.

So because his QB was Manning he couldnt be argued as arguably the best WR in the NFL? Who did Jerry Rice have throwing to him. *cough*2 HOF Qbs*cough* *cough*not Matt Ryan*cough*
Old 08-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #155
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So because his QB was Manning he couldnt be argued as arguably the best WR in the NFL? Who did Jerry Rice have throwing to him. *cough*2 HOF Qbs*cough* *cough*not Matt Ryan*cough*
I thought we were talking about yards and stats. As far as physical ability and talent

1. Calvin

2. Fitz
3. Johnson

4. Julio and a bunch of others
Old 08-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #156
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I thought we were talking about yards and stats. As far as physical ability and talent

1. Calvin

2. Fitz
3. Johnson

4. Julio and a bunch of others

Oh I see. Misread.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #157
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Julio is every bit the physical specimen that Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #158
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Julio is every bit the physical specimen that Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are.
I think he is close, but he needs another year to really prove it.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #159
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I think he is close, but he needs another year to really prove it.
well if you're arguing that he's yet to emerge as an elite WR in the caliber of Andre/Fitz, then I couldn't agree more. He's a rookie and has a ways to go.

as far as physical attributes (40, vertical leap, shuttle, broad jump, etc) he's every bit as impressive (actually more) than even the elite WRs.

He's going to have a MONSTER season.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #160
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I personally like Green better as a player. Julio is going to have a big year, but put AJ Green in that offense and Julio in Cincinnati and see how their production changes. Also, I'm still curious to see how Julio handles the week-in and week-out beating that the NFL tends to pile up on guys. He had problems staying healthy in college and, although he seemed to get through last year relatively unscathed, it is still something that I would be keeping my eye on if I were a Falcons fan or a Jones fantasy owner.

I love Green's height and range. 6-foot-4 with a 34.3" arm length. I saw him make a lot of Dalton passes last year look good when really they would have been overthrows to just about anyone else in the league.

Don't get me wrong... Both are primetime talents. I just prefer Green.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #161
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

BUMP

15/203/2 for AJ
18/258/2 for Julio

Obviously the future of the WR position is in good hands
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #162
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
What's more likely, Julio being like Jerry Rice or the Browns whiffing on all picks (already a good player in Phil Taylor with one of them)?
Julio being like Rice
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #163
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

or how about this "more likely" scenero:

all the Browns picks turn out to be "average" players that don't really make them serious contenders or bring them out of the gutter...they just remain "average"

Julio Jones becomes a multiple probowl talent that draws doubles and is a decent player to build an offense around

God...another thread that I just owned completely from start to end where everyone else called me crazy (or probably more like just GoBB)

there are probably 50+ old threads in here like this where I am nothing but correct all over the place in my predictions and several others are telling me I'm wrong...
Old 09-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #164
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Or Luck might be a lot of hype, and Colt is better and more prepared.

With all the hype this kid is getting, I am pretty much wishing failure on him.

I wouldn't even trade the Browns two #1s...let alone throw in a probowl center, seriously Carbine when has a trade for a draft pick like that ever happened? Its beyond ridiculous.

Attaboy prime. You were so right here. Wait what?
Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #165
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

me saying Luck "might be" over hyped isn't a right or wrong statement

His hype is "next Peyton" for one thing
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: