Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Alex Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8k3r5
I could put money that you don't even watch the games GOBB. Don't base it off stats please.

And you would lose money then turn around and make another bet to get your money back. And guess what? I'd decline that bet and spend your money from the first bet you lost.

7yrs in the NFL and you are the #1 overall pick. From the sounds of it? It seems like Alex Smith is in the best situation (this yr) he has ever been in since being apart of the NFL correct? Yet he isnt even among the top 15 QBs in the NFL.

Last edited by GOBB : 10-11-2011 at 09:47 AM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #32
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
7yrs in the NFL and you are the #1 overall pick. From the sounds of it? It seems like Alex Smith is in the best situation (this yr) he has ever been in since being apart of the NFL correct? Yet he isnt even among the top 15 QBs in the NFL.

It's a fair point. To Alex Smith's defense, the Niners have started open the playbook more since the 2nd half of the Eagles game, and Smith has played in the system for 5 weeks on a shortened off-season....his game should improve as he gets more accustomed to the system.

I'm more interested to see how Smith performs next year .........if he makes it to next year.

PS:
He's playing like the best QB in his division tho.

ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #33
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Basically Smith is no Aaron Rodgers. If you compare a Mercedes E350 to Maybach, the e350 is ultimately inferior. But if you had the option of taking an E350, I don't think many would mind. It's a nice car.
I like to think of him more as a Honda Civic. But hey, he used to be a Geo Tracker!
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #34
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
So you would still draft him #1 then?

Mmmm knowing what we know now? No def take Rodgers.

However Rodgers in that situation would never have been as good as he is now.

I still wouldn't have minded taking Smith with the pick if this was the coaching regime that was around back then.

But does anyone actually remember why Smith was the choice over Rodgers and Campbell? Anyone anyone anyone?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #35
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Mmmm knowing what we know now? No def take Rodgers.

However Rodgers in that situation would never have been as good as he is now.

I still wouldn't have minded taking Smith with the pick if this was the coaching regime that was around back then.

But does anyone actually remember why Smith was the choice over Rodgers and Campbell? Anyone anyone anyone?

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #36
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

Why is that so funny?

You think Harbaugh would have mismanaged like Nolan?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #37
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I have to head back to work but I'll leave with this:

Nolan picked Smith specifically for his smarts and his character. He was a Nolan guy, much like he's a Harbaugh guy. Rodgers didn't fit that mold nor any other of the top level QB prospects in that draft. The best thing to ever happen to Aaron Rodgers is to be on the bench behind Favre and learn not only the game but to be patient. I understand there's a ton of money in these picks but with the new deal maybe not as much, and it's hard to justify sitting a player like that for a year or two but that's really the way it should work 90% of the time.

If we could go back and do it again I'd like to pick Rodgers, but I really honestly believe he'd now be considered a pretty good to good QB if he went through the same situation as Alex. Not a great one. And if Alex went to GB I believe he'd be considered a pretty good to good QB too. But neither team would be wildly successful.

I stand by what I said, if we went back and did it again and I knew Smith would be handled properly I wouldn't mind it as much as one would think. We've seen his flashes, but he's struggled with consistency, and I believe it's a confidence/mental thing. If he had a coach like this from day one, who knows what he could have done... granted I think some extra receivers early on would have helped.

I certainly hope he continues to improve, he deserves it. I hope he stays healthy and leads this team to a better plateau.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

The type of talent Rodgers has would transform any team looking for a quarterback. Rodgers is not "system specific" or anything close to that as a quarterback. He's the most talented quarterback in the league factoring everything from smarts, decision making, leadership, athletic skills, throwing skills, etc.... he's not all of a sudden going to lose that going to SF. Would he have started off as smoothly? No, there would have more bumps along the road due to being thrown in the fire earlier, but he would eventually figure it out.

Quarterbacks elevate those around them. Rodgers would have done that with SF because he's got GOAT level talent.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The type of talent Rodgers has would transform any team looking for a quarterback. Rodgers is not "system specific" or anything close to that as a quarterback. He's the most talented quarterback in the league factoring everything from smarts, decision making, leadership, athletic skills, throwing skills, etc.... he's not all of a sudden going to lose that going to SF. Would he have started off as smoothly? No, there would have more bumps along the road due to being thrown in the fire earlier, but he would eventually figure it out.

Quarterbacks elevate those around them. Rodgers would have done that with SF because he's got GOAT level talent.

I do not doubt for a second Rodgers' talent.

I do not believe for a second he'd have been near this good in SF nor would he have made SF all that much better. He had growing up to do when he came in the league. That's why sitting behind Favre was the best thing to happen to him.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #40
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

95+ QB rating, 11 TD, 3 INT, 64 completion %, 1700yards or so

most importantly 49ers are 8-1...

8-1

knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #41
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
95+ QB rating, 11 TD, 3 INT, 64 completion %, 1700yards or so

most importantly 49ers are 8-1...

8-1

he looks better every week to me.

how about Tebow, 3-1, completing 2 passes lol. Denver is a threat for that division.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #42
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
he looks better every week to me.

how about Tebow, 3-1, completing 2 passes lol. Denver is a threat for that division.

To be fair its his 6th or so NFL start and he only had 8 pass attempts not to mention he's a great runner.. I don't think he's a bad QB at all and his team is responding.

Everyone keeps on mention how next week is the week Tebow gets annihilated but it still isn't happening..
Old 11-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #43
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

alex smith reminds me a lot of jim harbaugh's numbers in 1995

200/314
2575 yards
17 touchdowns
5 ints
100.7 rating

52 rushes / 235 yards / 2 touchdowns

they don't have big numbers, but they win games.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:36 PM   #44
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
alex smith reminds me a lot of jim harbaugh's numbers in 1995

200/314
2575 yards
17 touchdowns
5 ints
100.7 rating

52 rushes / 235 yards / 2 touchdowns

they don't have big numbers, but they win games.

I hate how the qb position is defined nowadays by putting up big yards and touchdowns the qb have. People need to realize qbs like elway and aikman never put up earth shattering numbers(passing yards) but they won a great deal of their games and lead their offenses.

I'm not calling smith a great qb but he plays the qb position in the WCO perfectly.

Also harbough really liked smith from the start while others wanted him gone o replaced by kapernick
Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #45
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

rumor is that andrew luck is gonna force a trade to the 49ers like elway and eli did on draft day.

are u gonna like smith than? ok obviously not gonna happen, but u never know

PS, you're a knicks fan, as am i. so how in the world you become a 9er fan?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: