Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #46
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Alex Smith

He made throws today that he just didn't make in the past. He stepped up in the pocket, slid around back there and just waited. He threw darts into windows between 3 defenders, he escaped pressure and hit his reads, he made snap decisions, and *gasp* took risks!

Smith is improving vastly. And today he looked like a really good QB. A second tier (not elite status that is) QB. He fits perfectly into this system, he's an outstanding leader, and he's determined to get better.

Still mis-throws a few balls, still would like to see him run a touch more although he's getting really good at using his feet only when he has to. But my list of things I want to see from him shortens ever week as he checks all my other doubts off the list.

He may never be considered great, but I think barring more injuries he's showing us that he can have a career being a real good starter in the NFL.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #47
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
QB's I would take over Smith (for this year alone)

Tom Brady
Ryan Fitzpatrick (Debatable? Nod goes to Fitz)
Drew Brees
Matt Schaub
Eli Manning
Big Ben
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Stafford
Romo
Vick
Matt Hasslebeck (debatable? nod goes to hasslebeck)
Joe Flacco
Jay Culter (debatable? nod goes to hasslebeck)
Sam Bradford (debatalbe? nod goes to bradfor)

So he's around 15-20 range at this point. Subject to change.

Smith is playing better than all of those players in bold. He's playing like a top 10 QB in the league thus far but I wouldn't put him in the top 10 yet. He needs to continue this play for the rest of the season and put up one more top 10 QB season before he joins the ranks.

From a bust to the starting QB of the 2nd best team in the NFL. Comeback player of the year!
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #48
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Smith is playing better than all of those players in bold. He's playing like a top 10 QB in the league thus far but I wouldn't put him in the top 10 yet. He needs to continue this play for the rest of the season and put up one more top 10 QB season before he joins the ranks.

From a bust to the starting QB of the 2nd best team in the NFL. Comeback player of the year!

Smith is def playing like a top 10 QB this year. Amazing how Harbaugh and a new coaching staff brought out the talent and confidence in the dude.

Btw, it makes no sense for Smith to win comeback player of the year because he hasn't come back from anything. Remember, he was considered a bust.

Comeback awards are usually given to players who were great at one time in their career, disappeared or faded into obscurity for a long while, and then made a big resurgence later on.

Frontrunner for this award is Steve Smith (Carolina).

Smith IMO is the frontrunner for the Most Improved Player Award
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #49
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Smith is def playing like a top 10 QB this year. Amazing how Harbaugh and a new coaching staff brought out the talent and confidence in the dude.

Btw, it makes no sense for Smith to win comeback player of the year because he hasn't come back from anything. Remember, he was considered a bust.

Comeback awards are usually given to players who were great at one time in their career, disappeared or faded into obscurity for a long while, and then made a big resurgence later on.

Frontrunner for this award is Steve Smith (Carolina).

Smith IMO is the frontrunner for the Most Improved Player Award

Well the award is a bit vague:

Quote:
The player named Comeback Player of the Year shows perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance.

Smith was benched last year for David Carr and Troy Smith. Before the start of the season he was considered a bust, and many people still consider him to be a bust.

The fact that the Niners are one of the best teams in the NFL and Smith plays QB will help him in media attention. Doug Flutie and John Kitna won the awards in the past.......
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #50
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Well the award is a bit vague:

Smith was benched last year for David Carr and Troy Smith. Before the start of the season he was considered a bust, and many people still consider him to be a bust.

The fact that the Niners are one of the best teams in the NFL and Smith plays QB will help him in media attention. Doug Flutie and John Kitna won the awards in the past.......

Although I dont agree, according to the criteria, he is eligible so you can disregard what I said before...lol

Anyhow props to Alex and Harbaugh...the success they're having was unforeseen by everyone
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #51
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He'll take home hardware of some kind this season. And rightfully so. He may not have arrived completely but he's def on his way, I'm very happy to see him have success.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #52
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

truthfully this is my QB ranking as of today..

1) Rodgers
1b) Brady
3) Brees
4) Eli
5) Big Ben
6) Smith
7) Flacco
8) Romo
9) Cutler
10) Vick

No Peyton and Schaub as they are hurt
I feel like I'm forgetting somebody..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:57 AM   #53
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
truthfully this is my QB ranking as of today..

1) Rodgers
1b) Brady
3) Brees
4) Eli
5) Big Ben
6) Smith
7) Flacco
8) Romo
9) Cutler
10) Vick

No Peyton and Schaub as they are hurt
I feel like I'm forgetting somebody..

Stafford has a case, a healthy Rivers has a case. Carson Palmer is making a case. Cam Newton as well.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think this thread needs a bump
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #55
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Even though I've become a huge bandwagon Niners fan (as soon as Harbaugh came on board), I've still continued to doubt Alex Smith. He didn't play well in the first 3 quarters, but he showed great toughness and played exceptionally well in the 4th and deciding quarter. I still don't think he's the answer long term but I'd love to be proved wrong.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #56
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Stafford has a case, a healthy Rivers has a case. Carson Palmer is making a case. Cam Newton as well.

There is the Big 3. After that, everyone else is a toss up.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #57
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Even though I've become a huge bandwagon Niners fan (as soon as Harbaugh came on board), I've still continued to doubt Alex Smith. He didn't play well in the first 3 quarters, but he showed great toughness and played exceptionally well in the 4th and deciding quarter. I still don't think he's the answer long term but I'd love to be proved wrong.

He played fine in the first 3 quarters. The offense was stagnant but it's not like he was having a horrible day. A lot of drops, a lot of pressure.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #58
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
There is the Big 3. After that, everyone else is a toss up.

Not a lot of confidence in a Peyton comeback?
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #59
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
He played fine in the first 3 quarters. The offense was stagnant but it's not like he was having a horrible day. A lot of drops, a lot of pressure.
Uh he played ok. There is a different between adequate and good, typically SB teams require more than adequate play to win.

If Alex didn't have an all world defense he wouldn't be the answer. I think he works as a game manager.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #60
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Uh he played ok. There is a different between adequate and good, typically SB teams require more than adequate play to win.

If Alex didn't have an all world defense he wouldn't be the answer. I think he works as a game manager.

Okay again we have this argument.

A winning team only requires what it requires to win. That's what he gave them today and all season. A game manager doesn't throw for 299 3 TD's and another rushing with 0 INTs in the spots he was in.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: