Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation
Default Rage Thread

Genre - First Person Shooter
Developer - Id Software
Release Date - 10/4/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Vj2UpA4dE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qik1WGaw9_w

This looks like it will be one of the best FPS's of this generation.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rage Thread

I already said that this looks like the game (the massively disappointing) Borderlands should have been. But I'm still not sold because:

1. The game looks like it's borrowing a little too heavily from the latest Fallouts. Those were fantastic games of course, but I've already played them.

2. When is the last time Id Software made anything good? It's pretty much the original Quake isn't it? Mid 90s? I know they played a massive role in the development of the FPS, but that is pretty pathetic. Even more pathetic that they put that on the box. "From the makers of Doom and Quake"..... those games are two decades old.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
2. When is the last time Id Software made anything good? It's pretty much the original Quake isn't it? Mid 90s? I know they played a massive role in the development of the FPS, but that is pretty pathetic. Even more pathetic that they put that on the box. "From the makers of Doom and Quake"..... those games are two decades old.

quake 3 arena was 12 years ago. but i agree.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Decent article about the first 3 hours.
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/rage-t...ee-hours/3544/

I know the post-apocalyptic setting is a little overdone now, but I still think this could be a really good title.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I already said that this looks like the game (the massively disappointing) Borderlands should have been. But I'm still not sold because:

1. The game looks like it's borrowing a little too heavily from the latest Fallouts. Those were fantastic games of course, but I've already played them.

Id Software pretty much invented the First Person Shooter. These guys know what they're doing.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Idk.. doesn't seem to good to me. I'll rather put my money into MW3 & BF3.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here's the newest trailer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/up...er-rage/718591

Pretty awesome they got John Goodman to voice one of the characters.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
Id Software pretty much invented the First Person Shooter. These guys know what they're doing.

I don't know if you can say these guys though, seeing as John Carmack is the only one left from the original id team.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bump for that one guy
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #10
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Dark Souls and 2K12 sales gonna hurt Rage sales as all are out on Oct. 4th.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #11
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Just picked it up for PS3, gonna give it a spin.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

for pc users
do not get the game, do not even download it illegally

apparently you cant set your graphics settings, they do it for you.
and theres so much graphical glitching in the game, pretty big outrage going on from people who got the game
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #13
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
for pc users
do not get the game, do not even download it illegally

apparently you cant set your graphics settings, they do it for you.
and theres so much graphical glitching in the game, pretty big outrage going on from people who got the game

Thought about buying it off Steam today. I like to shoot stuff, and I like to loot stuff. Glad I saw your post. A quick search of the steam forums led me to this:

http://kotaku.com/5846574/rage-ati-a...-beta-dont-mix
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #14
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Dark Souls and 2K12 sales gonna hurt Rage sales as all are out on Oct. 4th.

I'd rather release Rage in the same week as the massive trial and error fringe RPG experience that is Dark Souls than in a week with Arkham City or Battlefield or Modern Warfare or Skyrim. So take your pick.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Yea I've been hearing a bit about that. I'm about an hour in now, gameplay is pretty solid. The texture pop-ins are really bad though. It's a real shame, there are some really cool looking areas, but most of the time it doesn't look very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rbh7ztsQU8

Last edited by Kungfro : 10-04-2011 at 09:46 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: