Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
prodigyjazz
I brick open layups

prodigyjazz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: First two weeks of 2011-12 NBA regular season OFFICIALLY CANCELED

Not a surprise there will be games missed, it still sucks though
prodigyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #17
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Too many egos and too much stubborness from both sides. Specifically from Hunter and Stern.

In light of what happened with the NFL's lockout they couldn't have played this out any worse.

Horrible leadership all the way around.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #18
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

The players are so ****ing stupid. Dumbass derek fisher trying to act like he's a professional, just make the ****ing deal, your still going to be a ****ing millionaire along with every other player, you ****tards.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #19
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wow!! What the ****?

Why are they doing this to us?
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #20
Applause
Serious playground baller

Applause has a near all-star reputation hereApplause has a near all-star reputation hereApplause has a near all-star reputation hereApplause has a near all-star reputation hereApplause has a near all-star reputation hereApplause has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Wow!! What the ****?

Why are they doing this to us?

Applause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #21
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation
Default Re: Stern: I'm sorry to report ... that the first 2 wks of the season have been cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukfan22
I just can't believe they don't realize the harm that cancelling games will do. If they think giving up some money in the CBA is bad, wait until ratings and attendance go way down and there is not enough money anyway.

Actually the system right now is what makes nba just third in popularity so they are changing the system so they could compete with nfl when it comes to ratings. Even NHL is more financially stable than nba.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation
Default Re: Stern: I'm sorry to report ... that the first 2 wks of the season have been cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
Actually the system right now is what makes nba just third in popularity so they are changing the system so they could compete with nfl when it comes to ratings. Even NHL is more financially stable than nba.

nobody will ever compete with the NFL
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #23
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

Awful.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #24
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applause
:applaus...

Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #25
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

These new eras players are learning they dont run sh*t. A large segment of owners HATE these dudes attitude. If you all can't see this is what's fueling the owners fortitude, then I got a bridge to nowhere to sell you.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #26
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope there's as much boycotting of the NBA as possible over the next few years. Show them that the fans won't just come crawling back when they pull this crap.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #27
prodigyjazz
I brick open layups

prodigyjazz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

this is true, why else does madden sell like hot cakes even though they release the same game every year
prodigyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #28
ukfan22
Great young streetballer

ukfan22 has decent reputation

someone convince me this isn't all on the players
ukfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #29
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:

yup but when it comes to revenues, i think they can. NFL only plays 16 games to 82 games in the nba yet nfl could generate 1.6 billion to nba's 1.1 billion in a season. If theres a hardcap, more fans will support the smaller markets thus increasing revenue and we wont be having this lockout.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #30
catch24
phal5

catch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercatch24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
I hope there's as much boycotting of the NBA as possible over the next few years. Show them that the fans won't just come crawling back when they pull this crap.

Feel the same way.
catch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: