Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #46
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Melo's never been a top 5 player in the NBA. He's not even as good as Kevin Durant. LeBron's been better than Melo since their Sophomore Season. I hope the Knicks and Heat meet in the playoffs. Heat will sweep them.

well pierce was never top 5 too and he won. Fact is there are only few high IQs in this world and only high IQs recognize that melo who is the same as pierce is better than lebron. lebron had another top 5 in wade yet cant win while garnett was not a top 5 player anymore and pierce too was never considered top 10. Idiots really just look at stats.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #47
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,838
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
well pierce was never top 5 too and he won. Fact is there are only few high IQs in this world and only high IQs recognize that melo who is the same as pierce is better than lebron. lebron had another top 5 in wade yet cant win while garnett was not a top 5 player anymore and pierce too was never considered top 10. Idiots really just look at stats.


Melo played with 1st half of the season MVP Amare Stoudemire, but the Knicks had a worst record in the 2nd half of the season since the Nuggets- Knicks trade. Heat are still the team to beat in the Eastern Conference next year. The Heat are still getting better, and they are much superior defensive team than the Knicks. Please don't compared that Celtics team to the current Knicks team.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 10-12-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #48
pmj
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
pmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 764
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
well pierce was never top 5 too and he won. Fact is there are only few high IQs in this world and only high IQs recognize that melo who is the same as pierce is better than lebron. lebron had another top 5 in wade yet cant win while garnett was not a top 5 player anymore and pierce too was never considered top 10. Idiots really just look at stats.

What are you even trying to say here? Obviously you don't have to be the best player in the world or top 5 to win, it's a team effort. Your whole comment is incoherent.

Why do people get so wrapped up in trying to define "Best" player. Best player doesn't necessarily mean player you want to take a last second shot. I'd choose Melo, Dirk, Kobe, Pierce, probably in that order for a last second shot, but that doesn't mean they are better than Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Paul; it just means they are good at iso'ing and shooting Js.
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #49
TheFan
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 721
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Don't kidd yourself... Carmelo is a better one-on-one scorer and thats it.... Lebron is a superior passer, superior IQ, better help defense, etc...

and no im not a Lebron lover...
TheFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #50
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Melo played with 1st half of the season MVP Amare Stoudemire, but the Knicks had a worst record in the 2nd half of the season since the Nuggets- Knicks trade. Heat are still the team to beat in the Eastern Conference next year. The Heat are still getting better, and they are much superior defensive team than the Knicks. Please don't compared that Celtics team to the current Knicks team.

yeah that weak defensive team hold the heat to 80 pts . It just shows that defense is just more about effort than skills. Just like pierce being lazy until they got the big 3. But of course idiots value defense so much coz they actually believe in defense wins championships. miami and chicago are both better defensively than dallas yet dallas won.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #51
lolokay
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 55
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
Hes not better

but...

In the closing moments of a tight game you take Melo every single time.

Additionally, on offense Melo does trump Lebrons game with regard to versatility.

can melo guard and play 4 positions.
lolokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #52
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,838
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
yeah that weak defensive team hold the heat to 80 pts . It just shows that defense is just more about effort than skills. Just like pierce being lazy until they got the big 3. But of course idiots value defense so much coz they actually believe in defense wins championships. miami and chicago are both better defensively than dallas yet dallas won.

Dallas played inspired basketball in the playoffs. Dirk is also a much better playoffs performer than Melo. And a much weaker defensive team like the Celtics had swept the Knicks in the first round.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #53
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmj
What are you even trying to say here? Obviously you don't have to be the best player in the world or top 5 to win, it's a team effort. Your whole comment is incoherent.

Why do people get so wrapped up in trying to define "Best" player. Best player doesn't necessarily mean player you want to take a last second shot. I'd choose Melo, Dirk, Kobe, Pierce, probably in that order for a last second shot, but that doesn't mean they are better than Lebron, Wade, Dwight, Paul; it just means they are good at iso'ing and shooting Js.

Boston at the time they formed their big 3 is worse than the heat when they formed their big 3 because their team was gutted so dont give me that excuse that its a team effort or they have the better team. If the bench of 2 teams are equal then it goes down to the star players. if wade and lebron didnt win while being considered top 5 while boston without top 5 players won then the rankings are really not accurate. Pierce should be better than lebron/wade coz they won. And if melo is being compared to pierce then melo is better than lebron.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #54
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Dallas played inspired basketball in the playoffs. Dirk is also a much better playoffs performer than Melo. And a much weaker defensive team like the Celtics had swept the Knicks in the first round.

of course if 2 of your top 3 is injured esp after being gutted, do you expect that team to win?If you do, then that just tells how low your IQ is

Edit: That just proves my point that defense is more about effort/inspiration/motivation. And knicks will be motivated to play it next season.

Last edited by knicksman : 10-12-2011 at 11:33 AM.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #55
lolokay
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 55
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

melo just sucks you cant win with him starting at sf, no defense,horrible shot selection, this guy cant even get in good physical shape anyone see game 2 vs celtics? this guy was so gassed he couldn't foul to extend the game. i rate him top 20 in terms of how he impacts the game.
lolokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #56
knicksman
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
You know some people in this thread were obviously trolling. But you , my god, you're actually THIS dumb. Sad.

Naaa Dumb are those being fooled by statpadders
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #57
rodman91
Bulls
 
rodman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,240
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

There are some aspects of the game Melo is clearly better but Lebron > Melo as overall.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #58
lolokay
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 55
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

lebron
rose
wade
kobe
amare
dwight
deron
aldridge
paul
duncan
ginobli
durant
parker
westbrook
nash
dirk
bosh
pierce
gasol
rondo
roy(before injury)

all players who impact the game better than melo and are just better.
lolokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #59
lolokay
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 55
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
Naaa Dumb are those being fooled by statpadders

dont worry melo doesn't fool me.
lolokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #60
asdf1990
College star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,168
Default Re: Explain To me How Carmelo is Better than LeBron *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolokay
melo just sucks you cant win with him starting at sf, no defense,horrible shot selection, this guy cant even get in good physical shape anyone see game 2 vs celtics? this guy was so gassed he couldn't foul to extend the game. i rate him top 20 in terms of how he impacts the game.

He couldn't even play a whole exibition game, on the other hand lebron plays like every minute of every playoff game.
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy