Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here
Default I just realized I had some serial killer characteristics when I was a child

I was watching a serial killer phone in on the Howard Stern show on youtube then I did some google search and found out I had some of the same characteristics.

Antisocial Behavior - I was very antisocial when I was a young teen, I remember friends use to come over and try to get me to play football, sometimes I wouldn't answer & other times I would just tell them that I can't go out.

Arson - I loved starting fires when I was around 6-9 years old. I remember I almost burned down my baby sitters house, fire fighters came, I went to see this a kid psychiatrist, she showed me a vid of kids playing with fire and later dying. That was my last time starting a fire.

Torturing Small Animals - Wasn't my thing, but I do remember suffocating a chicken to death when I was around 10 years old.

Poor Family Life - 1 parent in the house, older brother was a drug addict, but for the most part it wasn't bad. Wasn't really abused & received alot of love.

Wetting bed as a teen - Never had this problem

Peeping - Not really
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:28 AM   #2
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I just realized I had some serial killer characteristics when I was a child

Most children do exhibit "serial killer" characteristics. Psychiatrists can't diagnose adolescents as narcissists for this reason.

You say that you displayed these characteristics, but the ones you did display (2/6 you didn't even display) you displayed only mildly.

- That's not anti-social behaviour, it's being a mopey teenager.
- Your last fire was at 9y.o? That's very normal for boys 4-10 to be fascinated by fire. It's no coincidence that it's at the same stage as boys are fascinated by their own penises (it's called the "phallic stage").
- You only killed one animal, and it was a bird by suffocation. This is not abnormal behaviour and doesn't count as torture.
- Family wasn't abusive, you "received a lot of love"

Nothing to worry about buddy. Most people have these same characteristics as children and even more severe yet aren't psycho/sociopaths, let alone serial killers.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I just realized I had some serial killer characteristics when I was a child

I killed 2 baby kittens when I was 2 years old.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:41 AM   #4
WayOfWade
Returning AUG 2015

WayOfWade has an OK reputation so far

I think we've found our next Ted Bundy.
WayOfWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:49 AM   #5
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has not been impressing people

Everybody has characteristics that can be misconstrued into anything.

Don't kill people, and you wont become a serial killer.

I loved fire, and started a few fires in my backyard when I was young.

I found an injured bird, threw it in a creek and it died.

That doesn't mean I am going to be a serial killer.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #6
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
I killed 2 baby kittens when I was 2 years old.

Now you may actually be a future serial killer...
Old 07-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #7
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Now you may actually be a future serial killer...
Actually it was an accident, I crushed newborn kittens with my toy truck. To this day I have no idea wtf my parents were thinking letting baby kittens run around a 2 year old with giant toys.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:19 AM   #8
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
Actually it was an accident, I crushed newborn kittens with my toy truck. To this day I have no idea wtf my parents were thinking letting baby kittens run around a 2 year old with giant toys.

Bad idea.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 AM   #9
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Bad idea.
And a 3rd one actually died by accidentally getting caught in between a steel door thanks to my grandpa.

Safe to say those kittens had really shitty luck. But at least there were like 8 of them so they most likely survived and spread their genes.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #10
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
And a 3rd one actually died by accidentally getting caught in between a steel door thanks to my grandpa.

Safe to say those kittens had really shitty luck. But at least there were like 8 of them so they most likely survived and spread their genes.

Your family gives zero ****s about kittens.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #11
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I wanted to blow up my school bus. Never did it.
I killed a few cats as a youth.
I was socially awkward..still am.
Two parent home, but not a normal home..won't go into it.
But no way did I become a serial killer. Even though I'm not a social person (am an introvert)..I still got married and had my own family. I hold a job. Don't do drugs. Responsible. Don't hold grudges. I'm fairly normal once you get to know me.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #12
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
I wanted to blow up my school bus. Never did it.
I killed a few cats as a youth.
I was socially awkward..still am.
Two parent home, but not a normal home..won't go into it.
But no way did I become a serial killer. Even though I'm not a social person (am an introvert)..I still got married and had my own family. I hold a job. Don't do drugs. Responsible. Don't hold grudges. I'm fairly normal once you get to know me.

I'm I the only one who hasn't killed any cats here?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #13
joe
College star

joe is considered somewhat cooljoe is considered somewhat cool

I ate an ant when I was 5. Let it run around inside my mouth for a few seconds before I swallowed it.

joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

OP you aint got shit on me

Antisocial Behavior - to some degree, for example i wouldnt go to family celebrations, reunions and stuff like that, i didnt start going out till i was like 17.. etc etc

Arson - This was my specialty. I burned the WHOLE forest when i was 3rd grade ( 9 y.o. )... i was basically experimenting with my best friend with fire matches, it was fall so the grass was obviously yellow and there was wind and you could easily set a fire.. but i was 9 y.o so i obviously didnt think of that... and bumm in few seconds basically the fire is everywhere, we started running but pretty much everyone saw us when we entered our neighborhood ( the neighborhood and the forest are connected so there was a danger to it too ), i hided in my room and locked the door... we got away with it, thank god for my father and me being 9 y.o.. it was embarrassing the next few days everyone was looking at me like i was some psycho... But i enjoyed it.

Torturing Small Animals - Another specialty, call me sick if you want but i enjoyed seeing animals suffer.. i hated those little things... and since i hate touching those disgusting little things... i had a friend who did all the killing, burning and torturing, i was there to basically tell him what to do... thank god there was no camera back then, lol. though i did killed a little dog once with a stone. those cats though didnt wanna die, little bastards.

Poor Family Life - wasnt abused or anything.. dad was basically never home, used to fight with my lil bro all the time, there were lots of incidents while doing that, couple of broken body parts, stitches everywhere, even my grandma had to get some stitches on her head ( my bro threw a bottle at me, missed me and hit my grandma in her head... there was blood everywhere.. i thought she will die )

Wetting bed as a teen - Nope

Peeping - Dont know what this is
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #15
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Antisocial Behavior - I was very antisocial when I was a young teen, I remember friends use to come over and try to get me to play football, sometimes I wouldn't answer & other times I would just tell them that I can't go out.

That's not really abnormal at all.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: