Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
brisbaneman
Banned
 
brisbaneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default How Dallas swept the Lakers

I'm not sure if anyone follow the regular season as closely as I do, but before New Year's the Bucks came into Staples and Earl Boykins handed the Lakers asses to themselves. I am 100% certain the Mavs coaching staff took note of it and inserted JJB into the Boykins role during the 2nd round.
brisbaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
Deuce Bigalow
Kobe Apostle
 
Deuce Bigalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,215
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

poor defense
Gasol disappearing
Kobe not playing up to par
no bench help
not closing out games (game 1 and 3)
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,286
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers



http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_505376.htm
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Micku
NBA rookie of the year
 
Micku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,745
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
poor defense
Gasol disappearing
Kobe not playing up to par
no bench help
not closing out games (game 1 and 3)

Yeah.

And nobody being able to stop Dirk. He shot the lights out.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #5
Deuce Bigalow
Kobe Apostle
 
Deuce Bigalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11,215
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
Yeah.

And nobody being able to stop Dirk. He shot the lights out.

not just Dirk, it was literally everybody
LA defense gave up wide open 3 after wide open 3, it was hard to watch
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
Inception28
Banned
 
Inception28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 332
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
Yeah.

And nobody being able to stop Dirk. He shot the lights out.
Lakers could have still won the series whether they stopped Dirk or not. Those games were all pretty close outside of Game 4. I think Gasol playing like a high schooler was the biggest reason why the Lakers got swept though.
Inception28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
Hondo
Go CELTICS!
 
Hondo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,236
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
not just Dirk, it was literally everybody
LA defense gave up wide open 3 after wide open 3, it was hard to watch

They lost because Dallas are better.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
Inception28
Banned
 
Inception28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 332
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
They lost because Dallas are better.
That's not true. If both of those teams played the way they were expected to the Lakers would have won. Lakers played like crap and the Mavericks played well, hence why the Mavericks won the series. Upsets don't occur because the underdog was more talented all this time otherwise they wouldn't be the underdogs.
Inception28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #9
brisbaneman
Banned
 
brisbaneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inception28
That's not true. If both of those teams played the way they were expected to the Lakers would have won. Lakers played like crap and the Mavericks played well, hence why the Mavericks won the series. Upsets don't occur because the underdog was talented all this time otherwise they wouldn't be underdogs.

You don't get swept because you had an off day and the other team got lucky. They got their asses beat by the Mavs.
brisbaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #10
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar
 
SpecialQue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,824
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
They lost because Dallas are better.

You're better than that.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:31 AM   #11
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,286
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

jesus....the Lakers were coming off of 3 straight Finals.....are you people for real???


you think teams that win just keep the same level of focus and never lose....for ****s sake ...how many teams went to 4 straight NBA Finals???

answer that you basketball illiterates.....




Great teams lose focus and don't have the edge.....do Kobe haterz really expect him tp win every year???.....after all it's not like he retired after 3 Titles because he lost the "love of the game" like other superstars did....




next
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #12
lilgodfather1
Wait and See
 
lilgodfather1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,233
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

The real reason Dallas swept the Lakers is because they scored more points in four consecutive games.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
Micku
NBA rookie of the year
 
Micku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,745
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
not just Dirk, it was literally everybody
LA defense gave up wide open 3 after wide open 3, it was hard to watch

This is true. Dallas did shoot the lights out overall with the 3s. Barea broke the Lakers D in a several plays. Dirk did had a great series and added mismatches, but the Lakers couldn't close it out on those close games.

It's still amazing that they got swept though. They could've won a couple of games, but Dallas pulled it off in the end.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #14
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?
 
SuperPippen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,838
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
jesus....the Lakers were coming off of 3 straight Finals.....are you people for real???


you think teams that win just keep the same level of focus and never lose....for ****s sake ...how many teams went to 4 straight NBA Finals???

answer that you basketball illiterates.....




Great teams lose focus and don't have the edge.....do Kobe haterz really expect him tp win every year???.....after all it's not like he retired after 3 Titles because he lost the "love of the game" like other superstars did....




next

Nobody was arguing with you, stop being so damn insecure.







Subsequent.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:41 AM   #15
brisbaneman
Banned
 
brisbaneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: How Dallas swept the Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
The real reason Dallas swept the Lakers is because they scored more points in four consecutive games.

Nah, you could score more points over four games and still lose at least one game. Your attempt at being a smart ass doesn't work.
brisbaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy