Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default OT: How old were you when you realized your hoop dreams would'nt come true?

I was 16.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Thorn
Great young streetballer

Thorn is considered somewhat coolThorn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: OT: How old were you when you realized your hoop dreams would'nt come true?

I still believe in myself! You'll see!
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OT: How old were you when you realized your hoop dreams would'nt come true?

I can still do it...!

No, I can't, and I've known that since maybe 1999.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has an OK reputation so far

its still possible for me, i just need to get in shape and tryout for any openings.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
NBAller
Good High School Starter

NBAller has an OK reputation so far

When I stopped playing league basketball and got into football. So, 12.
NBAller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

17... but due to injury & laziness and lack of motivation i guess... torn ACL... a la Shaun Livingston, not that gruesome.. but still... could have probably gone back... but i had other interests...

dont wanna brag but i had talent-skill... main one is shooting... ive said it here before i was and still am (but not as much) one of those insane "no-life" (that was LIFE for me tho lol) basketballtards/court-rats who would spend up to 8 hours on the court in ANY type of weather everyday just shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting... i was a 6'0"-6'1" PG... always the best player in my team... similar to Mark Price/Steve Nash gamestyle at that size and position i guess.. Reggie Miller & Ray Allen are the players i patterned after tho...

what could have been if i was serious i have no idea... but i am located right now in Germany... i travel alot between Germany/Bosnia/Denmark... which also gives a problem... im still young tho u never know

so i learned it the hard way, if you want to make it to the Pros... you have to be ridicilously strong MENTALLY... NEVER GIVE UP.... no matter what... you have to have 24-7 motivation & focus.... and confidence... confidence is easy to get when you know you have a super game... those who have low Confidence its always because they feel unsafe with their games...

thats why i dont believe in the word being weak mentally amongst any NBA players... especially if you are the best player in the world...... there are simply players who are better or worse... who are better or worse shooters.. who are better or worse decision makers ... who are better or worse leaders and so on...

Last edited by pauk : 10-22-2011 at 09:11 PM.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

15. In junior high I was better than most of the kids, but entering high school was a big eye opener for me as competition really opened up. When I saw couple freshmans dunk on the first day of school I realized how much of a mediocre player I was.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

When I tried to walk on to the UofOregon basketball team at 16 back in 1999. I didn't know who Fred Jones was at the time, but I figured I could give him a run for his money as far as the starting SG spot was concerned.

At the time, I believe I gave up about 5 inches and 80 pounds to him.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
tommy3
Let's go Heat!

tommy3 is considered somewhat cooltommy3 is considered somewhat cool

15. It was then I realized that basketball was mostly about athleticism, and not that much about skill. Being a great shooter was not enough. I couldn't keep up with fast, big, strong slashing SGs and they defended me very well as I became nothing more than a zone breaker and a spot up shooter.
tommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I was 16.
oh, i forgot to telll my reason. i pretty much just dropped out of school because i had a mental breakdown or something. i dnt remember much of my youth.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

I was pretty young. The only things I have ever been able to do is play defense and rebound. I'm a complete liability offensively

Now a days I settle for mediocrity.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #13
Xover
High school junior varsity star

Xover has decent reputation

14, yep I found that I wouldn't be athletic or gifted enough to keep up with the rest even though I still played but moderately slowed down to just smoking bud eryday and laxin. Where I grew up organized basketball wasn't as competitive and wasn't held in high regards only at one place in the city and the rest interstate, so unless you wanted to play for state and start straight away against the best people in the state, with no solid stuff being taught in junior, mid or high school, then your doomed, this is Melbourne by the way.

Andrew Bogut demonstrated this by moving interstate to play at the official AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) in Canberra, and then to the states obviously

Last edited by Xover : 10-22-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Xover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
17... but due to injury & laziness and lack of motivation i guess... torn ACL... a la Shaun Livingston, not that gruesome.. but still... could have probably gone back... but i had other interests...

dont wanna brag but i had talent-skill... main one is shooting... ive said it here before i was and still am (but not as much) one of those insane "no-life" (that was LIFE for me tho lol) basketballtards/court-rats who would spend up to 8 hours on the court in ANY type of weather everyday just shooting and shooting and shooting and shooting... i was a 6'0"-6'1" PG... always the best player in my team... similar to Mark Price/Steve Nash gamestyle at that size and position i guess.. Reggie Miller & Ray Allen are the players i patterned after tho...

what could have been if i was serious i have no idea... but i am located right now in Germany... i travel alot between Germany/Bosnia/Denmark... which also gives a problem... im still young tho u never know

so i learned it the hard way, if you want to make it to the Pros... you have to be ridicilously strong MENTALLY... NEVER GIVE UP.... no matter what... you have to have 24-7 motivation & focus.... and confidence... confidence is easy to get when you know you have a super game... those who have low Confidence its always because they feel unsafe with their games...

thats why i dont believe in the word being weak mentally amongst any NBA players... especially if you are the best player in the world...... there are simply players who are better or worse... who are better or worse shooters.. who are better or worse decision makers ... who are better or worse leaders and so on...

A) first bolded part....you should make a video on youtube about proper shooting technique since you a beast

if you are really legit then it could help many players..

b) second bolded part.....not truly accurate..I played against a few players who had careers in the NBA during highschool....some made it on pure physical talent alone..they had absolutely no mental fortitude....trust me.

Mental toughness does play a role...but so does talent...and some make it on talent alone...

cough Eddie Curry...Shaq...etc

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

when I played against and with future NBA players in highschool......they where on a slightly different level.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 10-22-2011 at 10:29 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

xover, are you a Khmer?

you got that flag.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: