Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #16
gigantes
‪ ‪
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,838
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

sorry, only skimmed. but still, i find one basic fact missing in the logic of those articles-

qaddafi murdered thousands or tens of thousands of his fellow libyans in order to stay in power and his so-called 'egalitarian movement' was pretty-much a sham since the day he took power in 1969.

so maybe it's true that debt-plagued western nations are looking for easy victims in order to exploit their oil resources, or whatever. but when you've perpetrated as many human rights violations as qaddafi's regime did, you pretty much forfeit your rights in the matter.

and yea, qaddafi may have advanced the flow of technology to libyans and diminished apartheid-type problems, but his foundation was rotten and he created no sense of legacy. little to build on, and in the instability of the wake of his departure, we don't know whether things will really get better or worse for the average libyan.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:36 AM   #17
Premeditated
Banned
 
Premeditated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Things Libya will never see again.

Quote:
1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family. Is this what you call a dictator Traditional wedding in Tripoli, Libya
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms are all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it is not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion are now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,000 14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1...ever-See-Again
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:39 AM   #18
Premeditated
Banned
 
Premeditated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
sorry, only skimmed. but still, i find one basic fact missing in the logic of those articles-

qaddafi murdered thousands or tens of thousands of his fellow libyans in order to stay in power and his so-called 'egalitarian movement' was pretty-much a sham since the day he took power in 1969.

so maybe it's true that debt-plagued western nations are looking for easy victims in order to exploit their oil resources, or whatever. but when you've perpetrated as many human rights violations as qaddafi's regime did, you pretty much forfeit your rights in the matter.

and yea, qaddafi may have advanced the flow of technology to libyans and diminished apartheid-type problems, but his foundation was rotten and he created no sense of legacy. little to build on, and in the instability of the wake of his departure, we don't know whether things will really get better or worse for the average libyan.
This had nothing to do with the Libyan citizens but more to do with him reaching his hand out to Sub-Sahara Africa. He's preached and preached for pan Africa and showed solidarity. There's a reason why alot of Africans have nothing but good things to say about him. I could give a fukk what he did to his. Those rebels are the same people going out there and killing every black person they can find.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:41 AM   #19
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,480
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
I say black African because there are white Zimbabweans, South Africans, Cape Verdi-ens etc. Don't forget Egypt, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia where black isn't even close to the majority.


Africa=black....Gaddafi didn't go to those regions and offer his services to only the black Africans did he?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:43 AM   #20
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,480
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
I'm not hating on Obama. Obama has probably done more as a community organizer for blacks but as president, I don't think so. I know he's the president for "all American", but still. I like Obama, but not because of his politics. It's because he's black and he has swag. That is why I voted for him. I'm not gonna lie.


I agree that the best part about Obama is his image. Young black men no longer have excuses or a mental barrier around being able to achieve a high status in corporate/federal America.

I can tell my son he can be president and not feel like I'm lying to him.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:47 AM   #21
Premeditated
Banned
 
Premeditated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Africa=black....Gaddafi didn't go to those regions and offer his services to only the black Africans did he?
Quote:
LONDON, March 8 (Reuters) - Libya holds billions of dollars in assets in Africa through subsidiaries of its $70 billion sovereign wealth fund.

The money is invested through the $5 billion Libya Arab Africa Investment Co (Laaico), through Libya Oil Holdings, Libya African Investment Portfolio and Libyan Foreign Investment Company (Lafico).

Libya is one of the leading regional shareholders in the African Development Bank, with nearly 4 percent voting power. It is also one of the biggest contributors to the budget of the 53-country African Union.

Below is a list of some Libyan wealth fund investments in Africa. AFRICA - Stake in Circle Oil, oil and gas exploration company with assets in Egypt, Morocco, Namibia, Oman and Tunisia.

- Green Network set up in 2007 to invest in African telecoms. Headquarters in Uganda, owns or controls telecoms companies or licences in eight African countries.

BENIN - Has 51 pct shareholding in fruit and vegetable company Sonaifel.

BURKINA FASO - Stake in Ouaga 2000 hotel in Ouagadougou. Constructing commercial, residential complex in Ouagadougou.

CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - Owns 50 percent of diamond mining company, and owns hotel in capital Bangui.

CHAD - Owns Libya foreign investment company, includes hotels and real estate, mineral water plant, garment factory.

CONGO - Owns forestry concession and sawmill plant.

COMOROS - Majority stake in telecoms company Comcell.

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO - Shareholder in Onyx Natural Resources. Stake in Laico Maya-Maya hotel, Brazzaville.

ETHIOPIA - Owns joint agricultural company, with Ethiopian government. Activities include drilling water wells.

GABON - Owns forestry concession. Stake in Okoume Palace hotel, Libreville.

GAMBIA - Owns Atlantic Hotel in Banjul.

GHANA - Ownership with Ghana government in Glahco hotel company, Ghana Groceries, Ghana-Libya Agricultural Co.

GUINEA - Owns 75 pct of Salguidia -- involved in fruit producing farm and fruit juice processing. Stake in Bissau hotel.

KENYA - Stake in Regency Hotel, Nairobi.

LIBERIA - Shareholding in real estate, rubber factory.

MADAGASCAR - Owns, with Madagascar government, poultry farm, real estate and tourism interests.

MALI - Owns Hotel de l'Amitie, shareholder in National Tobacco Co. Stake in El Farouk Barnako hotel.

NIGER - Owner, with Niger government, of telecoms company Sonitel.

RWANDA - Owner, with Rwandan government, of 4-star Umubano hotel in Kigali.

SOUTH AFRICA - Owns Ensemble Hotel holdings, including 5-star Michelangelo Hotel, Johannesburg.

SUDAN - Owns, through real estate investment vehicle Lafico, the Al Fateh tower complex in Khartoum, containing 5-star hotel, commercial buildings and conference hall.

TANZANIA - Stake in Bahari Beach hotel, Dar es Salaam.

TOGO - Owns poultry farm.

TUNISIA - Stake in Djerba, Hammamet, Tunis hotels.

UGANDA - Owns Lake Victoria Hotel, Entebbe.

ZAMBIA - Owns 52 villas in Lusaka

http://af.reuters.com/article/southA...110308?sp=true
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #22
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?
 
NoName22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nikka please
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
What exactly do you mean by "black Africa" because Libya is about as "white" as you get in Africa.


Actually, Libya might just be the "blackest" north African country.

As an African, I can say Ghadaffi did a lot for the continent, if only the idea of African united nations went through.

Well, back to being exploite by cacs
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:54 AM   #23
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,480
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName22
Actually, Libya might just be the "blackest" north African country.

As an African, I can say Ghadaffi did a lot for the continent, if only the idea of African united nations went through.

Well, back to being exploite by cacs


I was speaking facetiously.

My main point is that when you say African you don't have to say black--it's not America and being black isn't a big deal there...well not as much as it is in the US.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #24
gigantes
‪ ‪
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,838
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
This had nothing to do with the Libyan citizens but more to do with him reaching his hand out to Sub-Sahara Africa. He's preached and preached for pan Africa and showed solidarity. There's a reason why alot of Africans have nothing but good things to say about him.
in terms of the issues i raised, that's like pointing to one little fleck of gold in a pile of shit. and if qaddafi was actually the most effective champion for a pan africa then, as the saying goes, you know you got problems.

Quote:
I could give a fukk what he did to his. Those rebels are the same people going out there and killing every black person they can find.
i'm not sure if you're being incredibly hateful, incredibly ignorant, or incredibly delusional at this point. the people that qaddafi had murdered stretch over 40 years and came from all different kinds of circumstances. the CURRENT rebels who toppled qaddafi include many people who have nothing to do with hate crimes. and then the idea that you would form an equal link between those two things without a second thought... wow.

really nothing more to say.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #25
Premeditated
Banned
 
Premeditated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName22
Actually, Libya might just be the "blackest" north African country.

As an African, I can say Ghadaffi did a lot for the continent, if only the idea of African united nations went through.

Well, back to being exploite by cacs
the cac media try hard as possible to nitpick every thing Swagdafi did. Fortunatley for them, it worked. "b....b...but" he killed his own people. Well, why do you care? As a fellow African, I think we lost one of the best contributor in the unity of Africa. Fukk I look like giving a fukk about the Libyan people when they're out there lynching nikkas. They probably didn't like the fact that he was feeding other African countries too.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #26
Draz
Like a Baoss.
 
Draz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Titty game Macho Man
Posts: 10,741
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Is he dead or not?
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 AM   #27
NoName22
Larry Holmes status ?
 
NoName22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nikka please
Posts: 1,788
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premeditated
the cac media try hard as possible to nitpick every thing Swagdafi did. Fortunatley for them, it worked. "b....b...but" he killed his own people. Well, why do you care? As a fellow African, I think we lost one of the best contributor in the unity of Africa. Fukk I look like giving a fukk about the Libyan people when they're out there lynching nikkas. They probably didn't like the fact that he was feeding other African countries too.

True that.

Fukk Libya, prolly gonna see those piece of shit Al-Qaida rising there. I hope those people go to hell.

Where was the outcry when Rwanda was bleeding hard & Algeria was suffering from terrorism ?
NoName22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:04 AM   #28
Premeditated
Banned
 
Premeditated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes


i'm not sure if you're being incredibly hateful, incredibly ignorant, or incredibly delusional at this point. the people that qaddafi had murdered stretch over 40 years and came from all different kinds of circumstances. the CURRENT rebels who toppled qaddafi include many people who have nothing to do with hate crimes. and then the idea that you would form an equal link between those two things without a second thought... wow.

really nothing more to say.
Again, I don't care about who he killed. I'm speaking specifically about what he did for Africans. Yeah...I'm pretty sure he was a hateful asshole to his people but that doesn't concern me.

As far as why Libyans were revolting and what they are striving for, well, This:But they now have freedom (to be in debt) and choices(to starve or pay for their own education ,healthcare,food,housing) and liberty (to leave because for the first time ever they may become refugees)

(got this from another forum)
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #29
Premeditated
Banned
 
Premeditated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName22
True that.

Fukk Libya, prolly gonna see those piece of shit Al-Qaida rising there. I hope those people go to hell.

Where was the outcry when Rwanda was bleeding hard & Algeria was suffering from terrorism ?
CNN wouldn't show this.
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/185602.html

Thank God for the internet. French24 an Aljazeera for me.
Premeditated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #30
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,480
Default Re: Deny all you want but Gaddafi did alot for black Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName22
True that.

Fukk Libya, prolly gonna see those piece of shit Al-Qaida rising there. I hope those people go to hell.

Where was the outcry when Rwanda was bleeding hard & Algeria was suffering from terrorism ?
And what about the genocide in the Sudan as well.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy