Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Is Phillip Rivers overrated?

I'm just tired of hearing the guy being a "top 5 QB" in this league, he's a bigger choke artist than what Tony Romo is when you look at their CAREER (not just this season, Romo has had more comeback wins and game winning drives than Rivers). His play calling down the stretch today was awful. People can blame Norv Turner all they want for their problems, but I think it's time to put some accountability on Rivers for some of their struggles right now. People think he's a good QB because he puts up great stats and fantasy numbers, but fact is that he's been anything but clutch.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is Phillip Rivers overrated?

If he was in Dallas and Romo was in San Deigo I m quite sure everyone would have Romo > Rivers

River's screw ups aren't magnified like Romo's...as well as every other QB

Schaub ended a game on a pick-6 last week...of course no one knows that, had Romo done it then it would be ESPN BREAKING NEWS
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
If he was in Dallas and Romo was in San Deigo I m quite sure everyone would have Romo > Rivers

River's screw ups aren't magnified like Romo's...as well as every other QB

Schaub ended a game on a pick-6 last week...of course no one knows that, had Romo done it then it would be ESPN BREAKING NEWS

Yeah, really. I'm not giving Romo a pass either, but Rivers makes the same mistakes Romo does in the postseason, and in big games, and yet we hear nothing about it.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

So where do you have him ranked then?
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
So where do you have him ranked then?

8th-11th, he's in the same class as Tony Romo, Mike Vick, Matt Ryan right now.

People want to call this guy a top 5 QB, but I don't see it, sorry I don't.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who are the 7 QBs that's better than him?
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Possibly 11th?

Ridiculous.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Possibly 11th?

Ridiculous.

What makes the guy so good over any of these other so called "chokers" like Romo, Vick, or Matt Ryan when some people said they were a lucky team last year. Please explain.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 10-23-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
who are the 7 QBs that's better than him?

Rodgers
Brady
Peyton Manning
Brees
Roethislberger
Eli Manning (I'm sure you'll blast me on this one, but he's here because he's actually WON something in the playoffs.)

There's 6, I willl say I couldn't come up with another one that is outstandingly better than him, but you could make a case for Vick, Ryan, Romo, Flacco, Schaub, Rivers in the 7-11 range.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
What makes the guy so good over any of these other so called "chokers" like Romo, Vick, or Matt Ryan when some people said they were a lucky team last year.
hes a better qb than those 3. even if hes a choker, hes better than the rest of the chokers you mentioned.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
hes a better qb than those 3. even if hes a choker, hes better than the rest of the chokers you mentioned.

I can understand your point, but does he jump out at you that he's better than any of those guys? Even if there is the case to be made that he's better, he isn't better by much. What jumps out for Rivers that makes him better than Romo, Vick, and Matt Ryan? All have made cases for some MVP seasons just like Rivers has, all of them have came up short in the playoffs.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Rodgers
Brady
Peyton Manning
Brees
Roethislberger
Eli Manning (I'm sure you'll blast me on this one, but he's here because he's actually WON something in the playoffs.)

There's 6, I willl say I couldn't come up with another one that is outstandingly better than him, but you could make a case for Vick, Ryan, Romo, Flacco, Schaub, Rivers in the 7-11 range.
I have him above Ben but you could make that argument. Eli Manning Is Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino now?

He's better than any of those following QBs
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #13
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eli got really lucky during that 5 week stretch in Dec-Jan of the 2007 season. He hasn't done anything other than those 5 weeks.

I can put Ben over Rivers but that's it. Rivers is #5 behind the other 4 Super Bowl winners.

Only thing Rivers is missing is a ring.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #14
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

You struggle to come up with 6 QBs better than him yet your tired of hearing hes a top 5 QB. Seems a little ridiculous to me.

And quite simply, hes a better QB than all of them. He's sucked this year, so what. I'll take the 5 years of elite production to judge my QBs over a bad 6 game stretch.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Eli got really lucky during that 5 week stretch in Dec-Jan of the 2007 season. He hasn't done anything other than those 5 weeks.

I can put Ben over Rivers but that's it. Rivers is #5 behind the other 4 Super Bowl winners.

Only thing Rivers is missing is a ring.

I just don't see what makes him any better than Romo, Vick, Matt Ryan (even Flacco because he's led a team into the playoffs but comes up short in the AFC Championship, but he doesn't put up the stats that these guys do). All have had their seasons of greatness in the regular season, but haven't even got to the Super Bowl yet. In that case you could make a case for any of those guys to be #5 or #6.

Quote:
You struggle to come up with 6 QBs better than him yet your tired of hearing hes a top 5 QB. Seems a little ridiculous to me.

And quite simply, hes a better QB than all of them. He's sucked this year, so what. I'll take the 5 years of elite production to judge my QBs over a bad 6 game stretch.

He's been in the league for 6 years now and hasn't sniffed the Super Bowl yet, despite the fact that they have one of the top defenses in the league statistically every year, and offense. He had Tomlinson and Merriman who were All-Pro players at the time, and couldn't get it done.

Any of those guys after Roethisberger could make a case for #6 when you think about it. I put Eli because he actually won a Super Bowl.

People love Rivers because he's put up great stats generally, and a good fantasy player.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 10-23-2011 at 07:08 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: