Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-28-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
Block_Party
I brick open layups

Block_Party has an OK reputation so far

I have a bad habit of picking underdogs. That said, I want to see more votes for Boozer, Deron Williams, and Emeka Okafor (although I havn't checked him out lately. Is he still balling like a fiend?)

Still, Dwight Howard should start over Shaq, who has played less games this year then I've looked at the standings and laughed at how the Heat are doing (I hate Riley) and Gilbert Arenas and Rip Hamilton should start over Carter and Wade. I dunno though whatever. They're sure to be reserves.
Block_Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
Hold up! If Yao is not playing and the voting stoped right now, we would see damp in the all-star game?
no, voting is only for the starter. league picks the rest
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block_Party
I have a bad habit of picking underdogs. That said, I want to see more votes for Boozer, Deron Williams, and Emeka Okafor (although I havn't checked him out lately. Is he still balling like a fiend?)

Still, Dwight Howard should start over Shaq, who has played less games this year then I've looked at the standings and laughed at how the Heat are doing (I hate Riley) and Gilbert Arenas and Rip Hamilton should start over Carter and Wade. I dunno though whatever. They're sure to be reserves.

I don't see RIP making the team. Idon't see any Pistons making the team, even though they have the best record in the East.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #19
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
its interesting to note that the 2 best teams in the nba have 1 player representing their team according to you. marion's effectiveness to the suns equals parker's/ginobili's to the spurs, or howard's to the mavs.

Kobe/Nash/parker
Mcgrady/Iverson
KG/Howard
Duncan/Dirk/boozer
Yao/Amare/Okur

there are 13 players...but i doubt yao is going to be back in time, reducing it to 12.

top 4 teams have 2 players each in my biased opinion. if it was upto me, iverson should not be there (he might not be voted in by the coaches since he isnt an all-star in the WEST yet), and neither should mcgrady be there. but one of the 2 is going to be there. i would replace that spot with marion/paul/brand.

While I agree with your "biased opinion" that the top 4 teams should be equally represented, it will never happen so long as the voting public chooses the starters.

And I will eat my own balls if Josh Howard makes the All-Star team this year.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #20
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
And I will eat my own balls if Josh Howard makes the All-Star team this year.
I agree he really isn't an All Star, but I also agree you can't have a perenial 58+ win team with only one all star, who then comes like 6th in MVP voting.

Josh is putting up 19 and 6 this yr. Hardly mind boggling numbers but in just recent years we have sen Chauncy Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Manu Ginobilli, and Tony Parker all make it with similar or worse numbers.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:08 PM   #21
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
Josh is putting up 19 and 6 this yr. Hardly mind boggling numbers but in just recent years we have sen Chauncy Billups, Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Manu Ginobilli, and Tony Parker all make it with similar or worse numbers.

The thing is, most of those players garned buzz prior to their making the team. No one really talks about Josh Howard for whatever reason.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #22
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope VC doesnt blow any more dunks..
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #23
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Datz you know Dirk didn't come in 6th last couple of years. You must be making sure that you or Tmacs don't call you a groupie.

I need to step up the Damp votes.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:12 PM   #24
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of votes for Bosh. It's well deserved. He's way more deserving than Jermain O'Neal to be starting.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #25
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Only 5 players have more votes then AI..wade and AI almost have same number of votes..
you can say even 4 since yao gets his votes from china..
Its unfair to see him out of the all star game!!!Sthg must happen
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #26
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

I wanna see sheed start over bosh.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #27
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I guess you could say JJ is still a lock as every1 was saying before right?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #28
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
I agree he really isn't an All Star, but I also agree you can't have a perenial 58+ win team with only one all star, who then comes like 6th in MVP voting.

But Howard plays the most overcrowded position for allstars, forward in the west. That is the difference.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:43 PM   #29
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
But Howard plays the most overcrowded position for allstars, forward in the west. That is the difference.

I'd say guards are heavily crowded also. Especially with the new additioin of AI.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:44 PM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

why would anyone want to see Sheed over Bosh?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: