Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
DuMa
Canned

Default Redskins now officially Deadskins

hightower lost for season
moss lost for 5-7 weeks.

officially became the deadskins.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Redskins now officially Deadskins

Officially? They've always been the Deadskins.

I told their fans I'll see them in Week 14. As Bart Scott said, CANT WAIT.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Officially? They've always been the Deadskins.

I told their fans I'll see them in Week 14. As Bart Scott said, CANT WAIT.

Vince Young vs. John Beck........we all CAN'T WAIT
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Psh. Redskins have it easy.

The Bucs have lost 9 starters to injury over the last 3 weeks. Now, not ALL of the injuries are season-ending, but they have all missed games and/or will miss (more) games. This after losing 11 starters to season-ending injuries last season.

Their only RB left is Kregg Lumpkin! Graham AND the FB were injured early on yesterday. That's effed up.

INJURIES SUCK BALLS!
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 AM   #5
Jackass18
The Iron Price

As if our QB situation wasn't bad enough already, the injuries keep on piling up. It lets us get a better look at the younger players, though.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Psh. Redskins have it easy.

The Bucs have lost 9 starters to injury over the last 3 weeks. Now, not ALL of the injuries are season-ending, but they have all missed games and/or will miss (more) games. This after losing 11 starters to season-ending injuries last season.

Their only RB left is Kregg Lumpkin! Graham AND the FB were injured early on yesterday. That's effed up.

INJURIES SUCK BALLS!
You took a thread that was supposed to be about the Skins and only the Skins and highjacked it completely.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

its not so bad. Moss is hot/cold, and they have some good enough receivers and TE's to still pass decently, and they've always been pretty loaded at RB, if anything Helu and Torrain didn't get enough carries. things could be much worse.

i think Shanahan has done a great job turning this team into what it is now vs what it was when he took over.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki

i think Shanahan has done a great job turning this team into what it is now vs what it was when he took over.

Their -75 point differential last season was the teams worst since 2003 under Spurrier. Their 6-10 record was slightly better than Zorn's 4-12 the previous year.

This is another sub-.500 team with no QB of the future. The only standout on the offensive side is Davis. Both their offense and defense are among the 10 oldest in the league despite the addition of some young talent on the defensive side. Shanahan, as is his MO, appears more interested in having things his way than having things work. They'll be fortunate to match last year's mark, and don't be fooled by the hot start. They're headed exactly the wrong direction. They'll be in the top 5 in the draft before they're in the playoffs.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Their -75 point differential last season was the teams worst since 2003 under Spurrier. Their 6-10 record was slightly better than Zorn's 4-12 the previous year.

This is another sub-.500 team with no QB of the future. The only standout on the offensive side is Davis. Both their offense and defense are among the 10 oldest in the league despite the addition of some young talent on the defensive side. Shanahan, as is his MO, appears more interested in having things his way than having things work. They'll be fortunate to match last year's mark, and don't be fooled by the hot start. They're headed exactly the wrong direction. They'll be in the top 5 in the draft before they're in the playoffs.

they JUST trimmed their fat(Mcnabb/haynesworth) and they're trying to groom a decent QB which Beck/Grossman aren't THAT bad at all considering they were leftovers. they both have the potential to put up good games, and its looking like Beck will be their QB of the future who showed good mobility and maturity in his passing. and they also have a solid foundation for RB's, and their run game has been very solid as well. if anything the Skins defense is looking very good for the future with their draft picks.

i don't get how u can be so critical when they were the laughing stock of the NFL not too long ago, and Shanahan's first year made him look inept, especially his son. to me there is a CLEAR improvement from then, and they seem to be on the upswing in terms of direction with Shanahan in charge. its a hell of a lot better than most coaches/personnel they've had since Dan Snyder took over the team.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

this seasons gotten outta hand quick but shanahan has done a great job fixing us from the crap vinny let us in
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
this seasons gotten outta hand quick but shanahan has done a great job fixing us from the crap vinny let us in
i told you, after we beat you last week, it will be down hil onwards..
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
i told you, after we beat you last week, it will be down hil onwards..
season isnt over my friend

your fav team is gonna meet the fate of your other fav team
both happen to be a Dream Team
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #13
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
You took a thread that was supposed to be about the Skins and only the Skins and highjacked it completely.

A thousand pardons. I must've committed a horrible Internetz crime by "highjacking" this incredibly hot thread. Surely this has never happened before.

Would you rather me have started a whole nother thread complaining about injuries?

MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
A thousand pardons. I must've committed a horrible Internetz crime by "highjacking" this incredibly hot thread. Surely this has never happened before.

Would you rather me have started a whole nother thread complaining about injuries?

No we've heard enough in game threads.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #15
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
they JUST trimmed their fat(Mcnabb/haynesworth) and they're trying to groom a decent QB which Beck/Grossman aren't THAT bad at all considering they were leftovers. they both have the potential to put up good games, and its looking like Beck will be their QB of the future who showed good mobility and maturity in his passing. and they also have a solid foundation for RB's, and their run game has been very solid as well. if anything the Skins defense is looking very good for the future with their draft picks.

i don't get how u can be so critical when they were the laughing stock of the NFL not too long ago, and Shanahan's first year made him look inept, especially his son. to me there is a CLEAR improvement from then, and they seem to be on the upswing in terms of direction with Shanahan in charge. its a hell of a lot better than most coaches/personnel they've had since Dan Snyder took over the team.

Beck is 30, and doesn't show anything that would indicate he's more than 31 year old Grossman: a journeyman.

Outside of Helu, what is the solid foundation for RB? Hightower, a nice but disposable player who is done for the year with a knee injury? Torain, who dazzles at times but can't stay on the field because of his allergy to pass protection and continual injuries? Same things he showed in college.

I mentioned the defensive draft picks, along with Davis on the offensive side. There's not another receiver under 30.

I guess, technically, you're right. Shanahan has improved them from being the laughingstock of the league. If that's good enough for you, ok. But I don't see them trending upward, and they have among the worst collection of skill position players in the league. What you're seeing now is right about the upside of their personnel imo.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: