Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #16
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

It was a great performance......but it was the Rams, who have the WORST rush defense in the NFL.

One example:

DeMarco Murray -
25 carries for 253 yards and 1 TD vs. RAMS
4 carries for 12 yards and 0 TD vs. LIONS
10 carries for 32 yards and 0 TD vs. PATRIOTS

Ryan Torain -
19 carries for 135 yards and 1 TD vs. RAMS
10 carries for 22 yards and 0 TD vs. EAGLES
2 carries for -5 yards and 0 TD vs. PANTHERS

The common denominator is the Rams' defense.

Murray is a nice back, and I wouldn't mind having him on my favorite team, but lets not get carried away with the "He's great" talk. It was ONE game against a bad team. Geeze, Texas/Dallas fans are the WORST when it comes to overreactions, negative or positive. Lets wait and see what he does for the next few games before we start anointing him.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

Yeah I didn't overreact dude, I am asking YOU what you think...the thread is a question...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #18
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

Ok. Just makin' sure. Because it's all I've heard on the local radio here and amongst some talk here and there. "How great can Murray be?" "Is he the next great Cowboys RB?" etc, etc.

I think he'll be a solid rotation guy. The NFL isn't a feature-back league anymore. There's only a couple of one-man shows when it comes to RBs now. I don't think Murray could handle the load of being a one-man show anyways. If Jones can stay healthy and be effective, he and Murray could be a nice 1-2 punch. Or if Dallas can add someone else next year to complement Murray's style, Dallas could really have something effective in the backfield. Murray is physical AND shifty, something not a lot of backs are. He has the potential to be pretty good. But some people need to cool it...he's not making the HOF, and won't make any Pro Bowls either.

Like I said, I would love to have him on my favorite team (although at this point, I'd love to have ANY abled-body at RB).
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Not sure what to think of Demarco right now, it would be wrong to overreact over one beast game against a terrible defense. Will he be better than Ingram, almost certainly but I'm not sure if I can project him to be a top 10 current RB. I need to see some more of this guy against a decent run defense to make a judgement on him.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #20
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

i'd be all for him if i had him on my fantasy team but since someone else does i hope he breaks his leg when he is getting regular carries against a good defense. some of those holes he had, including the 95 yarder it looked like anyone could've run thru, but i'm sure he's going to be good in general. i don't know wtf happened to Felix since he used to have the same type of explosiveness but has looked dead most of this season, and if anything they needed a change from him. with a healthy, motivated felix + demarco, Cowboys could have the 2 biggest threat combo of backs in the league. at least if the old Felix shows up. and injury prone concerns aren't so much an issue if u got 2 of them....
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

LOL ppl who own him think he's the second coming of Barry Sanders, ppl who missed out on him believe he's just another flash in the pan. He's probably somewhere in the middle but closer to flash in the pan. He reminds me a lot of Felix Jones, unsurprisingly. Felix is a more fluid route runner but running the ball they are very similar. Definitely a threat to take it to the house, big play ability, does seem to go down rather easily due to contact. Looks to bounce runs outside but has shown some nice between the tackle ability.

I do think his game vs STL was an aberration. I think the majority of his production was a result of a terrible defense offering massive holes for him to run through, I also believe fragile Felix would have had a similar day. Someone wisely pointed out that Jerome Harrison had some monster games earlier in his career, and quite honestly thats a very appropriate comparison. I do not see him sustaining long term success as a feature back in the NFL.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Loved him at OU and felt teams missed the boat letting him slip in the draft.

That said, he couldn't be a workhorse in a college season vs college opponents. I saw him as a very good situational back in the NFL. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up given a full load.

Rams defense makes every back look like Jim Brown.

Finally, if anyone can figure out the exact wrong way to use him and exact right way to shorten his career, it's the dal coaching staff.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #23
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Loved him at OU and felt teams missed the boat letting him slip in the draft.

That said, he couldn't be a workhorse in a college season vs college opponents. I saw him as a very good situational back in the NFL. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up given a full load.

Rams defense makes every back look like Jim Brown.

Finally, if anyone can figure out the exact wrong way to use him and exact right way to shorten his career, it's the dal coaching staff.
but he definitely WAS...for years

Old 10-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
LOL ppl who own him think he's the second coming of Barry Sanders, ppl who missed out on him believe he's just another flash in the pan. He's probably somewhere in the middle but closer to flash in the pan. He reminds me a lot of Felix Jones, unsurprisingly. Felix is a more fluid route runner but running the ball they are very similar. Definitely a threat to take it to the house, big play ability, does seem to go down rather easily due to contact. Looks to bounce runs outside but has shown some nice between the tackle ability.

I do think his game vs STL was an aberration. I think the majority of his production was a result of a terrible defense offering massive holes for him to run through, I also believe fragile Felix would have had a similar day. Someone wisely pointed out that Jerome Harrison had some monster games earlier in his career, and quite honestly thats a very appropriate comparison. I do not see him sustaining long term success as a feature back in the NFL.
why is that exactly?

what is he missing?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #25
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

He looks a like a good RB but I wanna see more from him. I remember Julius Jones had 190 yards in a game once so I dont think hes gonna be the GOAT.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #26
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
but he definitely WAS...for years

Once in his college career he led his own team in rushing attempts.

Played in all his teams games in a season once.

I think most would agree those are key components to being classified a "workhorse".

Productive? Yes. Workhorse? no.

Last edited by JMT : 10-25-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Once in his college career he led his own team in rushing attempts.

Played in all his teams games in a season once.

I think most would agree those are key components to being classified a "workhorse".

Productive? Yes. Workhorse? no.
http://www.totalfootballstats.com/Ru...eer.asp?id=117

he has more rushing attempts than any RB inthe history of OU including Peterson...

saying "Murray wasn't a workhorse in college" is the exact same thing as saying "I'm a retard and have no clue what I'm talking about"

If Murray wasn't a workhorse in college then the f*ckin sky isn't blue and grass isn't green...

you just couldn't be any more wrong and lost any cred you ever had...

he also caught more passes than all of them on top of that...
Old 10-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #28
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
http://www.totalfootballstats.com/Ru...eer.asp?id=117

he has more rushing attempts than any RB inthe history of OU including Peterson...

Yes, in 4 seasons he had 12 more attempts than Peterson had in two.

Of course, he didn't get more carries than HOFer Chris Brown in any season they were both on the team. In fact, he only led his team in carries once. Did I mention that?

Yes, he caught more passes, because he on two of the better passing teams in OU history. They weren't throwing the ball a whole lot when Sims, Washington, Pruett, etc were in Norman. Great passing games...and you've gone on about how unquestionably great Bradford was...alleviate the need for "workhorse" RB.

As I said in my first post in this thread, I like Murray and think he should have been drafted higher. But teams were scared off by his injury history; the same injury history that kept him from playing in all OU's games any season but one.

Won't get in a pissing match over the use of the word "workhorse", and your childish insults are beneath me. You're the worst kind of poster; soliciting "serious" feedback, resorting to insipid tantrums whenever someone even mildly disagrees with you.

Last edited by JMT : 10-25-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #29
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9-1-10: #1 RB, #20/750 Overall, 1-2
2010: All-Big 12 first team by AP and coaches...set OU career marks for all-purpose yards (6,626), touchdowns (64), points (384), and receiving yards by a RB (1,572)...five multiple TD games this season, 18 career...five 100-yard rushing games this season, 13 career...career-high 208 yards rushing vs Utah State...three 100-yard receiving games...six games with at least six catches (career-high 10 vs Colorado, Texas A&M)...season receptions rank No 5 at OU by any position...No. 2 at OU for career catches by RB with 155...second player at OU with 1,000 yards in three categories (3,592 rushing, 1,572 receiving, 1,462 kick returns)...No. 6 in career rushing yards (3, 592)...No. 4 in career rushing attempts (744)...Academic All-Big 12 second team...2009: All-Big 12 second team by coaches and honorable mention by AP ... All-Big 12 Academic second team ... second on the team in both rushing and receiving ... had two 100-yard rushing games with 107 against Baylor and 101 against Idaho State ... four multi-touchdown games (13 in his career)...2008: All-Big 12 first team by the coaches and second team by the AP ... All-Big 12 Academic first team ... suffered hamstring injury on opening kickoff of Big 12 Championship and missed BCS Championship ... set OU single-season record for all-purpose yards with 2,171 total yards ... became Oklahoma's 67th 100-yard rusher with 100 yards in the third game of the season ... team's leading kick returner with 774 yards, second best in a season in OU history ... blossomed into a receiving threat with 31 receptions, the fourth most by an Oklahoma receiver in a season ... eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark in five games ... also topped the century mark in kick return yards on three occasions, including 196 yards against Oklahoma State ...2007: Suffered a dislocated knee cap in game No. 11 at Texas Tech, then missed the remainder of the season and the subsequent spring workouts ... honorable mention All-Big 12 by the coaches and Associated Press ... honored by the AP as both a running back and all-purpose player ... first team Academic All-Big 12 ... averaged 29.3 yards per kickoff return, the second-highest average in team history ... 15 touchdowns tied the OU freshman record set by Adrian Peterson ...2006: Redshirted.

if that isn't a work horse then nothing is...sorry

you cleary have no idea what you are talking about...
Old 11-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

anyone now a believer?

Seattle is a top run-D...much different than the Rams.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: