Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #31
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

He's already better than AD.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #32
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

Carve up his bust now.

The invite from Canton is in the mail.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

hmm...guess just saying "serious thread" in the thread title doesn't work lol

need to ask someone else to make a DeMarco thread I guess...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 AM   #34
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Impressed with Demarco and was wrong about him for sure. He has excellent burst and vision. When he sees a hole he explodes through it. He has good pass catching skills and is a more natural runner then anyone on the Cowboys roster. If he can stay healthy he looks like a very nice player for Dal.

Dallas would be totally retarded not to feature him when Felix gets back.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #35
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Impressed with Demarco and was wrong about him for sure. He has excellent burst and vision. When he sees a hole he explodes through it. He has good pass catching skills and is a more natural runner then anyone on the Cowboys roster. If he can stay healthy he looks like a very nice player for Dal.

Dallas would be totally retarded not to feature him when Felix gets back.

you're going to be even more impressed when you see that he is a good enough reciever that he could actually play WR in the NFL.

Sucks that my Sooner bias makes it difficult to take what I say about him seriously, but that wasn't homerism talking when I said he was the best RB in the draft minus the injury concerns.

What I say about Landry Jones isn't homerism either...these just happen to be the really good players on the college team I watch...so naturally I know about them more.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #36
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year

Leshoure>Murray
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 AM   #37
SCY
Put yr guns up

Hey PT, what do you think of Mossis Madu? Tampa Bay added him to their active roster a while back.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #38
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

NFC west

But na I liked Murray coming out of Oklahoma. If he stays healthy he will be elite.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #39
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

every highlight i see of him i'm not that impressed since it looks like he's running thru some gigantic holes into open space, but the fact that he does it when Felix couldn't do shit, has to account for something. at this point Felix should be 2nd string and Demarco should have his job. Felix looked timid and weak when he was getting every carry, when they had one of the worst running games in the league. now they're running on everyone it seems and Demcarco has a hell of a average per carry....

felix deserves to ride the pine to think about how he blew his opportunity. i bet they'll put him back in as the starter tho once he's healthy....
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #40
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Hey PT, what do you think of Mossis Madu? Tampa Bay added him to their active roster a while back.
I dont know much about him, he didn't play that much...I remember him more just returning kicks...

Hope he works out, maybe he is a hidden gem that just was never given a chance in college...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #41
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

His injury woes have followed him to the league.

Does anyone else see Rashard Mendenhall when they watch him? As far as running style I mean. Similar size, physical, not speed backs but have a burst in open space. The difference being that DeMarco is used more in the pass game. I see a lot of DeMarco there. Similar 40 times (4.41 and 4.47).

Would like to add after his ridiculous 4 game start as a starter, he calmed down mightily.

25 carries/73 yards
22 carries/87 yards
12 carries/38 yards

0 touchdowns in those games, but was used more in the pass game.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #42
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

DeMarco is nothing like Mendy...Murray is a speed back despite that 40 time...

Murray's style is like Faulks...or Tomlinson...not trying to compare them as players, just thier styles.

we will see what happens next year...
Old 12-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #43
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
DeMarco is nothing like Mendy...Murray is a speed back despite that 40 time...

Murray's style is like Faulks...or Tomlinson...not trying to compare them as players, just thier styles.

we will see what happens next year...
He doesn't look all that fast when he plays. He's fast for his size but I wouldn't ever classify him as a speed back.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #44
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
He doesn't look all that fast when he plays. He's fast for his size but I wouldn't ever classify him as a speed back.
He is def a homerun hitter...I think he is fast like Tomlinson used to be...Tomlinson was never really viewed as a speed back though I guess.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #45
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Loved him at OU and felt teams missed the boat letting him slip in the draft.

That said, he couldn't be a workhorse in a college season vs college opponents. I saw him as a very good situational back in the NFL. It'll be interesting to see how he holds up given a full load.

13 games, 13 carries a game, injured, out for the season.

Last edited by JMT : 12-12-2011 at 12:39 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: