Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

hes done. he will never come back from that brutal injury. on the plus side i won the first round of my playoffs because he went down (won by 8 pts, i had pierre paul (19pts) and my opponent had nicks (34) and murray (5).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #47
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Default Re: okay serious thread...I want to know all of your expectations of DeMarco Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
13 games, 13 carries a game, out for the season.
He didnt play 13 games as a starter...he was an every down back getting a ton of carries just like he did at OU, you're just wrong...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #48
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
He didnt play 13 games as a starter...he was an every down back getting a ton of carries just like he did at OU, you're just wrong...

OK, great. So he made it through 5 games where he got over 12 carries, 8 total games as a starter.

And he didn't hold up for a full season , just as he didn't at OU.

Thanks for making my point.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #49
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
OK, great. So he made it through 5 games where he got over 12 carries, 8 total games as a starter.

And he didn't hold up for a full season , just as he didn't at OU.

Thanks for making my point.
your point is that he isn't an every down back?

you're wrong...he was before the injury

he also was at OU...he has more carries than anyone in the history of that school

if injury means he isn't every down, then I guess McFadden and Peterson aren't every down backs either...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #50
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
your point is that he isn't an every down back?

you're wrong...he was before the injury

he also was at OU...he has more carries than anyone in the history of that school

if injury means he isn't every down, then I guess McFadden and Peterson aren't every down backs either...

Durability. Say it slowly, out loud if you need to. Durability.

Peterson has shown that, with a workload that exceeds just about every other back in the game, he's pretty durable. Prior to this, his 5th season, he had missed 3 games. This year he's missed 4.

McFadden has not. Coming into this, his 4th season, he'd already missed 10 games and it looks like he may miss nearly that many this season alone. He also isn't a short yardage or GL guy so no, he's not an every down back.

Never questioned Murray's versatility or his productivity. But he missed lots of time in college and, in his first pro season, carried the ball over 12 times in 5 games, started three others, and is on IR.

Maybe he'll have a long and healthy career. I like the kid. Wish it would happen somewhere other than where he is now, but I can't control that. But with all the info we have available to us at this point, he's not durable.

Being an "every down back" for 5 games doesn't make you an "every down back". It's really not a slam against Murray; there probably aren't more than 10-12 true every down guys in the league.

Last edited by JMT : 12-12-2011 at 02:40 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: