Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation
Default How crazy is this trade idea?

Im not good with trades so here it goes...Based on team needs...

Suns acquire:

Marvin Williams
Jeff Teague
Chris Bosh
Courtney Lee

Trade out:

Steve Nash
Hakim Warrick

for Bosh and a draft pick of some sort.

Robin Lopez

for Courtney Lee

Mickael Pietrus
Zabian Dowdell
Grant hill

For Marvin Williams and Jeff Teague

Aaron Brooks / Jeff Teague
Jared Dudley / Courtney Lee
Marvin Williams / Josh Childress
Chris Bosh / Markieff Morris
Marcin Gortat / Channing Frye

Based on last season:

Starters = 60 PPG

bench = 41 PPG

Average 101 PPG

Of course all speculation...

There are reasons behind these trades...at least in my opinion! please think about them before destroying me!

In terms of rebuilding (but still trying to compete) how does this team look?
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How crazy is this trade idea?

Lets say these trades happened and we had this team.

-This puts a lot onto the plate of Brooks. A guy who still needs to adjust to the Suns system. I am concerned about the PG position in this scenario.

-Dudley/Williams is interesting. You might see more Lee/Dudley with Williams as the 6th man, and Childress lighting the bench on fire. replace Dudley and Williams as the respective 6th man.

-Bosh would be fine. I enjoyed him in toronto, and ignored him in miami(well, I ignored all basketball last season for the majority excluding march madness. which is the greatest basketball event bar none. anyways..). Morris shows promise, and I just want to see him do better than the other Morris.

-Keeping Gortat and Frye is great. In pretty much all Suns trade scenarios, I like seeing this.

Overall, I think its a pretty decent squad, although I think we could do better. As I'm not sure how well some of these players would fit in with the Suns overall playstyle.

And giving Miami Nash and Warrick? If that team didn't win a ring, I'd tear up. Letting Wade and James run with Nash? Sick.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak

And giving Miami Nash and Warrick? If that team didn't win a ring, I'd tear up. Letting Wade and James run with Nash? Sick.

I like to just coach in NBA2K12 in association. So I made these trades... Suns made the playoffs but were a first round exit... Not bad. Im a bad coach anyways I think lol...

But the heat were great in the regular season...made the playoffs...got to the finals...and got swept by the Lakers...Lol wtf?! naaaa games broken!
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Trade is decent, but I don't like Bosh so much.
A tough defensive minded PF will fit better.

Bosh is a downgraded Amar'e imo.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: