Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #31
Fiasco
latsis4ever™
 
Fiasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,997
Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Hahahahaha.

This isn't even going to be a contest. Skyrim is going to win this in a landslide.

Same-engine-from-4-years-ago-Warfare 3 being a nominee is laughable. Assassin's Creed Revelations is just as bad.

The only game that can challenge the Elder Scrolls series would be Batman AC, and to a lesser extent, Dark Souls. Uncharted should be around there as well but LOL to anyone who says Skyrim is all "hype". People who have played ES games solely on console = opinions not valid. At all.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #32
AlexanderRight
I hit open 5-footers
 
AlexanderRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 252
AlexanderRight has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Dude, you're claiming people are being bias towards Skyrim yet you're clearly bias towards Uncharted......
You say yourself you don't like RPGs, a whole genre, so you are not in any position to comment on them, you don't like them. You pretty much just said you're a casual gamer.... I'm not, I play every big title that comes out, all of them, regardless of genre.

Trying to claim that Uncharted has more aclaim than any Bethesda game is SO ridiculous I'm almost inclined to just be a total asshole to you for even saying it, but I won't. You need to do some research dude, both Fallout 3 and Oblivion are top 10 in every single "top 100 games" lists/polls on the internet. Both have so many awards it's not even funny. Todd Howard, Bethesda lead, is WIDELY regarded as one of the best games minds EVER.

Sorry but ther mere fact that you say Rage is a Bethesda game shows just how little you know about the industry. Rage was developed by id Software, Bethesda is just the publisher...
Even your claims that Uncharted was 2009 game of the year is very debatable, is was in no way the clear cut choice. Infact MW2 and Batman Arkham Asylum won as many if not more game of the year awards from various sites. Fallout 3 and Oblivion virtually swept the boards for these awards, they cannot be debated in their game of the year claims.

And once again you've made a ridiculous claim, Batman has had better reviews that any Bethesda game? Dude, you're conversing with a hardcore gamer, I know what is fact or fiction. Fallout 3 was given perfect scores from most if not all sites across the internet, don't even try making shit up here...

Also, don't use sales figures in your original arguement then claim you don't care about them when the otherside shows you up on them.
For the record, Skyrim has 1.4 million PRE ORDERS. It's way on track to be the highest ever selling single player game in video game history on the first day of release, as in selling more copies TO DATE than any other game since their release.

We can be cocky about Skyrim's game of the year chances because, regardless of you "opinion" it is FAR AND AWAY the best game to be released this year.

You sure about that? 2008 wasn't exactly a slow year for games. I'm not saying Fallout 3 doesn't have a case but if you're going to actually hold the drawn out puke that is Modern Warfare 2 against Uncharted 2 then it is only fair to hold actually good games like Metal Gear Solid 4, GTA IV, and Little Big Planet against Fallout 3 in 2008. Same thing goes for Gears of War and Twilight Princess with Elder Scrolls. Again, Fallout and Elder Scrolls certainly have their cases for game of the year but to say it's not debatable is just absurd, especially when you want to actually want to play up that Call of Duty garbage. And believe me. You're talking with someone who has over 100 hours in Fallout 3. I love the hell out of it. But you and I both know that it was far from perfect.

However, people really shouldn't be complaining about Game of the Year this year since the nominees are all really good. Arkham City, Portal 2, Elder Scrolls, and Uncharted are all terrific in their own right so to complain which is better than the other would be like comparing tits to ass. There's really no loser.

Last edited by AlexanderRight : 10-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
AlexanderRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #33
Walker
Cool Custom Title
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 833
Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Dear Walker,

1) I enjoy the Uncharted series more then anything Bathesda has released by a considerable margin that is a fact. I do not like role playing games either, that is also a fact. No where did I displayed bias, that is also a fact. Me liking Uncharted more, has no bearing on which game is going to win GOTY. It is out of my hands, having preference doesn't equate bias. No where in this thread did I say "Uncharted 3 will win GOTY, Skyrim can take second...". You see the difference? I have never displayed arrogance nor have I concluded that Uncharted 3 will win GOTY because it is a cinematic masterpiece, best graphics & epic set-pieces. All I seen in this thread is macmac and you (to a certain extent), make conclusions as to why Skyrim will win. Those conclusions are flawed.

2) To make a reliable and relevant conclusion, you must have information that has feedback and/or predictive value. Uncharted 2 is a more critically acclaimed game then anything Bathesda has produced. Check out megacritic or gamerankings for proof. Check out the user ratings, for proof. Uncharted 2 is the 2nd highest rated game on PS3 (behind only GTA 4) and is the 5th highest rated game only behind GTA 4, Ocarina of Time, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. Fallout 3 is the highest rated from Bathesda, they are not even in the top ten. How's that for feedback? Naughty Dog have constructed a galary just so they can display all of their (40+) awards they received for Uncharted 2; including best graphics, best story & best characterization.

3) You're not an asshole, you're just ignorant. Uncharted 2 is more critically acclaimed then both Fallout 3 & Oblivion, or any other game Bathesda has ever produced. That is a fact, go review the scores each of those games received in their respective years. Although I agree, GOTY is rather a subjective topic; however, Uncharted 2 was head & shoulders above the rest in 09'. Ignoring all the awards they received in 2009; go find me a game that has received higher scores then Uncharted 2. Some of the best and more popular titles like Modern Warfare 2 (at best) received a higher score no more then 25% on all the sites that reviewed both games. They have completely dominanted in 2009; the fact you're promoting Bethesda's best titles and completely ignoring how much recognition Uncharted 2 received, does't make you an asshole, it just makes you uneducated and perhaps stubborn.

4) Arkham Asylum & Modern Warfare 2 won as many (if not more) awards?! Please, before you criticise someone, make sure you know the details. Now that I think about it, you might just be an asshole, and a pretty uneducated one at that.

5) Fallout 3 & Oblivion virtually swept their GOTY award?
The same Oblivion that was criticised by so many critics for lacking substance in their gameplay? For being an aesthetically provoking open world without much backbone? Yeah, okay buddy. Keep telling me fairytales, you haven't provided a single link to back-up your claims. All I need to do is show you all the scores critics gave to each of those games, and it wouldn't be that hard to see that Uncharted 2 received a substantially higher score. Last I checked they have a 96.4% score; Fallout 3 received a 93.5% score and that's Bathesta's highest rated game.

6) Arkham City is currently sitting at a 97 percentile on megacritics...
Which game has received better scores from Bathesta, exactly?

7) You really have trouble comprehending, do you? You still having trouble understanding why I mention sales revenues? Here, I'll break it down for you. Uncharted 2 has sold over 8 million copies, making them by far the leader in their particular genre. No other action-adventure game has been recognized and sold as many games as Uncharted 2 has. That makes them an outlier and clear favorite in their own respective genre. Not a single game from Bathesda I would consider the best RPG. I am positive most would pick Mass Effect 2 as the best RPG game of this generation. Their sales figures are significantly larger then Uncharted, but you're comparing apples to oranges. Compare their sales to Mass Effect 2 and you will realize their market share isn't as large as the Uncharted 2 in their own respective target group. Do you understand the point now?

8) Your last sentence basically concludes to me that you're a pompous ignoramus, that should be ignored. You basically attacked me for being "bias", yet you're proclaiming a game that has not even been released yet as the clear GOTY. Uhm, talk about being a hypocrite. Batman has a 96 score, Uncharted 3 is setting with a score of 94. No game that Bathesda has ever produced, has scored higher then either of these games. An objective person would conclude that Skyrim isn't some "clear-cut" game of the year, and are in fact, simply a candidate. Realistically speaking, probably aren't even the favorites. My money is on Zelda, Uncharted 3 or Arkham City. Why? Because historical data proves that fact. We can speculate all want, but I'm using an objective state of mind. If I was a betting man, I would bet on Naughty Dog (Uncharted 3) producing a better game because they already have in the past. I would bet on Arkham City because the game has been released already and received the highest of praise. I would bet on Zelda, because it's pretty much the center landmark of gaming (besides maybe Mario). Bathesda has never produced a single game that can compete with that; you boosting their stock doesn't mean they are. If they were, they would be sitting where those games are sitting; right at the top, Fallout 3/Oblivion are a tier down, that is a FACT.

We shall see though; Skyrim could very well win GOTY. They could end up being the #1 rated game of All-Time, but past results do not demonstrate to me that Bathesda has produced better games then Uncharted 2 or 3 or Arkham City.
Firstly their name is Bethesda k? Not Bathesda, I find it very hard to take someone's opinions on a company seriously when they don't even know how to spell it.
That alone shows you know nothing about the company or their games and your claims about them are just ridiculous. Guareentee both Fallout 3 and Oblivion have won more awards than Uncharted has, ohh wait I should say, that is fact shouldn't I? That makes it totally true.
Ohh wow they made a gallery? Probably because it's a nothing studio that made one good game and feel the need to tell everyone how great they are?
Bethesda have been the market leaders for a decade, they have no need to try and prove to everyone how good they are. Hell you even own their games yet you hate the genre right? Why do you own the games then? Perhaps cause all the feedback you saw on them were so amazing you simply had to see the games? Funny that, yet they aren't "critically acclaimed" games right?
Why exactly do I need links to prove what I'm saying, haven't seen one from you... Go look at sites youself, it's not hard. MW2 and Batman won a hell of alot of game of the year awards, like I said, as many if not more than Uncharted did.
Mass Effect 2? Wow, even calling Mass Effect 2 an RPG is a joke let alone the best. Just cause your character levels does not make a game an RPG. The very linear nature of the Mass Effect series makes it not an RPG, it's a shooter with RPG elements. I dare you to go to any real gaming site and ask how many people think that game is the best RPG, you'll be laughed off the site.
You seem to have some weird mix up between reviewers scores and game of the year awards. Claiming all these reviewers scores make the game better, even giving a score for Uncharted 3, it's not even out. You do realise these before release "reviews" are on proviso that the reviews are good right? Look at NBA 2K12 for a prime example, glitch fest yet miraculously these supposed reviewers missed all these bugs and glitches that players found within hours of release.
Anyway the numbers say it all, how many people in this thread have said Skyrim has it? More than a few. How many backed up your Uncharted 3? Ohh, none.
I'm done bothering trying, I'll bookmark this thread and pull it up when I'm indeed right, which will happen.
Ohh and incase you wanna reply, it's Bethesda, got it?
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,328
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itqrR...feature=relmfu

^^^game of the year? maybe for a school of 3rd graders perhaps. Come on.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #35
crosso√er
Decent college freshman
 
crosso√er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,192
crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Firstly their name is Bethesda k? Not Bathesda, I find it very hard to take someone's opinions on a company seriously when they don't even know how to spell it.
That alone shows you know nothing about the company or their games and your claims about them are just ridiculous. Guareentee both Fallout 3 and Oblivion have won more awards than Uncharted has, ohh wait I should say, that is fact shouldn't I? That makes it totally true.
Ohh wow they made a gallery? Probably because it's a nothing studio that made one good game and feel the need to tell everyone how great they are?
Bethesda have been the market leaders for a decade, they have no need to try and prove to everyone how good they are. Hell you even own their games yet you hate the genre right? Why do you own the games then? Perhaps cause all the feedback you saw on them were so amazing you simply had to see the games? Funny that, yet they aren't "critically acclaimed" games right?
Why exactly do I need links to prove what I'm saying, haven't seen one from you... Go look at sites youself, it's not hard. MW2 and Batman won a hell of alot of game of the year awards, like I said, as many if not more than Uncharted did.
Mass Effect 2? Wow, even calling Mass Effect 2 an RPG is a joke let alone the best. Just cause your character levels does not make a game an RPG. The very linear nature of the Mass Effect series makes it not an RPG, it's a shooter with RPG elements. I dare you to go to any real gaming site and ask how many people think that game is the best RPG, you'll be laughed off the site.
You seem to have some weird mix up between reviewers scores and game of the year awards. Claiming all these reviewers scores make the game better, even giving a score for Uncharted 3, it's not even out. You do realise these before release "reviews" are on proviso that the reviews are good right? Look at NBA 2K12 for a prime example, glitch fest yet miraculously these supposed reviewers missed all these bugs and glitches that players found within hours of release.
Anyway the numbers say it all, how many people in this thread have said Skyrim has it? More than a few. How many backed up your Uncharted 3? Ohh, none.
I'm done bothering trying, I'll bookmark this thread and pull it up when I'm indeed right, which will happen.
Ohh and incase you wanna reply, it's Bethesda, got it?

Nice, I created a gaming war.
But honestly, what are you rambling on about? thesis thoroughly owned you.

I've already seen one person praise the Uncharted series in this very thread; not including rhythmic thesis. I have created a thread a while back praising Uncharted 2, claiming it's the best game I have ever played. I still hold that same belief, it's the best game of this generation to me. So there, that's three people that fully support Uncharted. Shut your mouth, all of your replies are so irritating and full of holes!

First off, him not knowing how to spell Bethesda has no relevance at all. He owns the games like he said, and he didn't like them. So why should we not value his input? I can not STAND any of their games either. In fact, I don't even like Fallout 3. I don't understand how people can waste their lives playing these games for 100+ hours, and then "rinse and repeat" so they can finish the game a different way. People have different preferences when it comes to games, you basically made an ass out of yourself in this thread. Thesis made some valid points, along the lines of something I would have said myself.

I can not believe you can sit there and diss Naughty Dog. The company that has succeeded every time they released a game; you need to remember they develop adventure games. Just because they do not develop games that you prefer, doesn't mean they aren't one of the most prestigious gaming companies out there. Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter & Uncharted are all household adventure titles; everyone who likes that genre, loves those games.

I can pretty much guarantee the guy bought those Bethesda games because they received great scores. I don't recall seeing him claim that a) Bethesda do not create great games or b) they do not receive praise. He simply stated he doesn't like RPG based games and he didn't enjoy their titles. We can make numerous assumptions as to why he owns those games, but I'm pretty sure my description is rather accurate.

Also, he said they aren't as critically acclaimed as the other games you moron. He never said they were not critically acclaimed, learn how to read.

I am pretty sure he meant that Skyrim hasn't even received a single review. Uncharted 3 received over 40 reviews by now; sure they aren't officially released but most gaming sites have attained a copy so they can write their pre-release reviews.

In conclusion, I am an Uncharted fan. I enjoy these type of linear action-adventure games. I appreciate their artistic design, aestheticism, sound, dialogue & characterization. At what they do, they are the best. Can't say the same for Bethesda; quit calling them market leaders for some sort of credibility reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean they develop the best games, there's a thing called niche marketing. I don't even like Fallout 3; apparently their best game. Of course other people like RPG games, so Bethesda is most certainly a very notorious company regarding RPG-based games. You called him out for liking Naughty Dog more, right? Maybe you should do some research about their history. They have never released a failed product, EVER.

You can be a leader in market share through economies of scale, doesn't necessarily mean they nurture quality.

Please do bookmark this thread, I don't see why.
No one besides your dumb-ass ever made any idiotic prophecies regarding who will win GOTY. Thesis was actually quite respectable to you, I don't have patience for idiots like you. They need to be put in their place.

By the way, go read my thread as to why I believe Uncharted 2 is the best game ever made. Then if you'd like, explain to me why any game Bethesda has ever created is better.

By the way guys, I totally forgot Zelda.
I am not a Nintendo guy, or a Zelda fan. But Skyward a legit contender without a doubt...I'll add it to the list.

Last edited by crosso√er : 10-27-2011 at 10:58 PM.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:27 PM   #36
crosso√er
Decent college freshman
 
crosso√er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,192
crosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected postercrosso√er is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

I added the latest reviews; I only include scores from sites that have reviewed both games, cause it's more relevant. Uncharted 3 is leading by a hair.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 AM   #37
Nanners
College star
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,853
Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

how can one even compare wii zelda to uncharted or skyrim or battlefield 3? does it really matter what a bunch of magazine writers decide is the number one game of the year?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:04 AM   #38
talkingconch
College superstar
 
talkingconch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,295
talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

No wonder bioware didnt release Mass effect 3 this year lol, they want the crown next year

this year should go to either Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Gears 3, Arkham City, Zelda Skyward Sword (this year release?)

maybe some others im missing

edit* IGN just gave a 10 to uncharted 3 =O

Last edited by talkingconch : 10-28-2011 at 05:09 AM.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 AM   #39
Fiasco
latsis4ever™
 
Fiasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,997
Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
edit* IGN just gave a 10 to uncharted 3 =O

They gave a 9.6 to Mass Effect 2, and an 8.5 to Dragon Age 2. IGN sold the **** out ages ago.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #40
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,363
EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Dear Walker,

1) I enjoy the Uncharted series more then anything Bathesda has released by a considerable margin that is a fact. I do not like role playing games either, that is also a fact. No where did I displayed bias, that is also a fact. Me liking Uncharted more, has no bearing on which game is going to win GOTY. It is out of my hands, having preference doesn't equate bias. No where in this thread did I say "Uncharted 3 will win GOTY, Skyrim can take second...". You see the difference? I have never displayed arrogance nor have I concluded that Uncharted 3 will win GOTY because it is a cinematic masterpiece, best graphics & epic set-pieces. All I seen in this thread is macmac and you (to a certain extent), make conclusions as to why Skyrim will win. Those conclusions are flawed.

2) To make a reliable and relevant conclusion, you must have information that has feedback and/or predictive value. Uncharted 2 is a more critically acclaimed game then anything Bathesda has produced. Check out megacritic or gamerankings for proof. Check out the user ratings, for proof. Uncharted 2 is the 2nd highest rated game on PS3 (behind only GTA 4) and is the 5th highest rated game only behind GTA 4, Ocarina of Time, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. Fallout 3 is the highest rated from Bathesda, they are not even in the top ten. How's that for feedback? Naughty Dog have constructed a galary just so they can display all of their (40+) awards they received for Uncharted 2; including best graphics, best story & best characterization.

3) You're not an asshole, you're just ignorant. Uncharted 2 is more critically acclaimed then both Fallout 3 & Oblivion, or any other game Bathesda has ever produced. That is a fact, go review the scores each of those games received in their respective years. Although I agree, GOTY is rather a subjective topic; however, Uncharted 2 was head & shoulders above the rest in 09'. Ignoring all the awards they received in 2009; go find me a game that has received higher scores then Uncharted 2. Some of the best and more popular titles like Modern Warfare 2 (at best) received a higher score no more then 25% on all the sites that reviewed both games. They have completely dominanted in 2009; the fact you're promoting Bethesda's best titles and completely ignoring how much recognition Uncharted 2 received, does't make you an asshole, it just makes you uneducated and perhaps stubborn.

4) Arkham Asylum & Modern Warfare 2 won as many (if not more) awards?! Please, before you criticise someone, make sure you know the details. Now that I think about it, you might just be an asshole, and a pretty uneducated one at that.

5) Fallout 3 & Oblivion virtually swept their GOTY award?
The same Oblivion that was criticised by so many critics for lacking substance in their gameplay? For being an aesthetically provoking open world without much backbone? Yeah, okay buddy. Keep telling me fairytales, you haven't provided a single link to back-up your claims. All I need to do is show you all the scores critics gave to each of those games, and it wouldn't be that hard to see that Uncharted 2 received a substantially higher score. Last I checked they have a 96.4% score; Fallout 3 received a 93.5% score and that's Bathesta's highest rated game.

6) Arkham City is currently sitting at a 97 percentile on megacritics...
Which game has received better scores from Bathesta, exactly?

7) You really have trouble comprehending, do you? You still having trouble understanding why I mention sales revenues? Here, I'll break it down for you. Uncharted 2 has sold over 8 million copies, making them by far the leader in their particular genre. No other action-adventure game has been recognized and sold as many games as Uncharted 2 has. That makes them an outlier and clear favorite in their own respective genre. Not a single game from Bathesda I would consider the best RPG. I am positive most would pick Mass Effect 2 as the best RPG game of this generation. Their sales figures are significantly larger then Uncharted, but you're comparing apples to oranges. Compare their sales to Mass Effect 2 and you will realize their market share isn't as large as the Uncharted 2 in their own respective target group. Do you understand the point now?

8) Your last sentence basically concludes to me that you're a pompous ignoramus, that should be ignored. You basically attacked me for being "bias", yet you're proclaiming a game that has not even been released yet as the clear GOTY. Uhm, talk about being a hypocrite. Batman has a 96 score, Uncharted 3 is setting with a score of 94. No game that Bathesda has ever produced, has scored higher then either of these games. An objective person would conclude that Skyrim isn't some "clear-cut" game of the year, and are in fact, simply a candidate. Realistically speaking, probably aren't even the favorites. My money is on Zelda, Uncharted 3 or Arkham City. Why? Because historical data proves that fact. We can speculate all want, but I'm using an objective state of mind. If I was a betting man, I would bet on Naughty Dog (Uncharted 3) producing a better game because they already have in the past. I would bet on Arkham City because the game has been released already and received the highest of praise. I would bet on Zelda, because it's pretty much the center landmark of gaming (besides maybe Mario). Bathesda has never produced a single game that can compete with that; you boosting their stock doesn't mean they are. If they were, they would be sitting where those games are sitting; right at the top, Fallout 3/Oblivion are a tier down, that is a FACT.

We shall see though; Skyrim could very well win GOTY. They could end up being the #1 rated game of All-Time, but past results do not demonstrate to me that Bathesda has produced better games then Uncharted 2 or 3 or Arkham City.

BRINGING ETHER TO THIS THREAD!!!!!!
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:10 AM   #41
code green
C's Fan since Dee
 
code green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 2,464
code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itqrR...feature=relmfu

^^^game of the year? maybe for a school of 3rd graders perhaps. Come on.

really? i was going to get into arguing my case, but i don't even feel like its necessary. it's zelda, man. it's not like they make two or three a year, the last major Zelda game they made was in what? 2006? you post a quick battle tutorial and then say it's for 3rd graders? you can do better than that...
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,328
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
really? i was going to get into arguing my case, but i don't even feel like its necessary. it's zelda, man. it's not like they make two or three a year, the last major Zelda game they made was in what? 2006? you post a quick battle tutorial and then say it's for 3rd graders? you can do better than that...

The animaton is no different in the battle tutorial and actual gameplay. Hence why I laughed and said its for 3rd graders. You think in 2011 Zelda would have some kind of realistic approach with it. Too cartoonish for me. Like putting on a kids video when you're babysitting a relative as they sit in front of the tv drinking their juicy juicy box in a trance.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #43
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex
 
Al Thornton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: when you're based
Posts: 21,838
Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The animaton is no different in the battle tutorial and actual gameplay. Hence why I laughed and said its for 3rd graders. You think in 2011 Zelda would have some kind of realistic approach with it. Too cartoonish for me. Like putting on a kids video when you're babysitting a relative as they sit in front of the tv drinking their juicy juicy box in a trance.

how could it be realistic?
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,328
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
how could it be realistic?

By having everyone grow up?

Why cant Zelda and the characters look more realistic. Not sure how you need that to be explained. You've played games with realistic characters before.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #45
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex
 
Al Thornton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: when you're based
Posts: 21,838
Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
By having everyone grow up?

Why cant Zelda and the characters look more realistic. Not sure how you need that to be explained. You've played games with realistic characters before.

but that wouldn't be zelda..

do you mean like ocarina of time?
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy