Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #76
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Default Re: Eli Manning and the Dreaded Underrated Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Jackass is acting like a jackass with that last post.

So, you're avoiding it to?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #77
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Idont have to tell you anything just waiting for you to explain how matt ryan throwing 29 tds and 9 ints make him a better qb?
leading his team to victories including 4th quarter comebacks, being efficient, not turning over the ball nearly as much isnt enough now?
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:49 AM   #78
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
leading his team to victories including 4th quarter comebacks, being efficient, not turning over the ball nearly as much isnt enough now?

Eli has 16 4th qtr comebacks, ahead of Romo, Rivers, Vick, Schaub (I understand he didnt play as long as Eli did but still), Ryan (same situation), trailing Big Ben, Brees, Peyton and Brady.

Also has 20 game winning drives, once again ahead of Romo, Rivers, Vick, Schaub, Ryan behind the same 4 prior.

Eli has proven that he's a clutch QB. Not the flashiest, most productive, or most likeable, but def a very solid NFL QB, not an elite QB (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton) but 100% in the tier below (w/ Big Ben, Rivers, Romo, Schaub)

How ppl deny the dude his just due is ridiculous. He is what he is, not at all the best, not at all the worst but much closer to the best than the worst.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #79
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Eli has 16 4th qtr comebacks, ahead of Romo, Rivers, Vick, Schaub (I understand he didnt play as long as Eli did but still), Ryan (same situation), trailing Big Ben, Brees, Peyton and Brady.

Also has 20 game winning drives, once again ahead of Romo, Rivers, Vick, Schaub, Ryan behind the same 4 prior.

Eli has proven that he's a clutch QB. Not the flashiest, most productive, or most likeable, but def a very solid NFL QB, not an elite QB (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton) but 100% in the tier below (w/ Big Ben, Rivers, Romo, Schaub)

How ppl deny the dude his just due is ridiculous. He is what he is, not at all the best, not at all the worst but much closer to the best than the worst.

So you are just going to ignore my other two points?

Is this really helping you?
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #80
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
So you are just going to ignore my other two points?

Is this really helping you?

Helping me what?

You used a point to try to prove that Ryan, Romo etc were better than Eli, a point which actually favors Eli over those very guys you mentioned....so idk what you're uptight about?

If you're gonna try to argue against a player, dont use a point that clearly favors the dude you're arguing against.

Quite the opposite of what you're intending to do if you ask me.

If you woulda kept it at turnovers/completion pct then you wouldve had no response from my part.

But then again you didnt hence my response.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #81
Dolestimanos
Banned

Default download mysql tool free download god enough lecrae free

The power was still buoying me up.Was there enough to lay them all to rest?Rest in the quiet earth.Go back, go back.They lay down on the hard dry earth and the graves just swallowed them whole.It was like magic quicksand.The earth shuddered underfoot like a sleeper moving to a more comfortable position.Some of the corpses had been as old as Gaynor's ancestor, which meant that I didn't need a human death to raise one three-hundred-year-old corpse.Bert was going to be pleased.Human deaths seemed to be cumulative.
download vmware client 4.0download vmware client freedownload vmware cloud directordownload vmware cmd pldownload vmware cold clone isodownload vmware com linuxdownload vmware converterdownload vmware converter agentdownload vmware converter cold clone isodownload vmware cookbook
Two human deaths and I had emptied a cemetery.But I'd done it anyway.The first light of dawn passed like milk on the eastern sky.The wind died with the light.Wanda knelt in the bloody grass, crying.
I knelt beside her.She jerked back at my touch.I guess I couldn't blame her, but it bothered me anyway.You need a doctor," I said.She stared up at me.Human didn't seem to cover it.She just kept staring at me.I wouldn't have believed me either.But she let me help her up.I guess that was something.
download vmware guest64check
download vmware full version free
download vmware bundle ubuntu
download vmware exam
download vmware cli 4.1
download vmware emulex
download vmware capacity planner collector
download vmware academic program
download vmware ftp server
download vmware client free

But she kept looking at me out of the edge of her eyes.Wanda considered me one of the monsters.She may have been right.Wanda gasped, eyes wide.I turned, too slowly.Was it the monster?Jean-Claude stepped out of the shadows.I didn't breathe for a moment.It was so unexpected.No dead in the city could fail to feel your power tonight.
Dolestimanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #82
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000

17 now.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #83
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

i compare eli manning to john elway. they both started their careers in a mediocre type of way throwing a lot of interceptions. however, when the game was on the line, and the stakes were high, both guys pulled whatever magic tricks they had and executed. not the best qbs, but they win
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #84
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

2nd in MVP race? idklol
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #85
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
i compare eli manning to john elway. they both started their careers in a mediocre type of way throwing a lot of interceptions. however, when the game was on the line, and the stakes were high, both guys pulled whatever magic tricks they had and executed. not the best qbs, but they win

dont dare compare the great elway to eli manning.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #86
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Both have higher ceilings, but I agree Manning has been more consistent this season.
higher ceilings? wtf does a higher ceiling mean? you know ryan leaf had a higher ceiling than peyton manning right? fcuk your higher ceilings b*tch. you just hate eli because he finds a way to sh*t on your always overrated patriots defense. get over it son
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #87
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
higher ceilings? wtf does a higher ceiling mean? you know ryan leaf had a higher ceiling than peyton manning right? fcuk your higher ceilings b*tch. you just hate eli because he finds a way to sh*t on your always overrated patriots defense. get over it son
If you read my replies throughout this thread and come to the conclusion that I hate Manning then I am forced to come to the conclusion that you're an idiot. "Higher ceiling" means that their best is better than his best. Last season Vick was in the MVP hunt, he was something like second or third. Started the PB game for the NFC. 21-t0-6 TD/int ratio plus 9 TDs rushing. As for Romo, this is the first season in their career where Manning has had a higher QB rating. My statements are based on thought and actual analysis, unlike you, who appears to be incapable of talking out of any orifice other than your ass.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #88
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
If you read my replies throughout this thread and come to the conclusion that I hate Manning then I am forced to come to the conclusion that you're an idiot. "Higher ceiling" means that their best is better than his best. Last season Vick was in the MVP hunt, he was something like second or third. Started the PB game for the NFC. 21-t0-6 TD/int ratio plus 9 TDs rushing. As for Romo, this is the first season in their career where Manning has had a higher QB rating. My statements are based on thought and actual analysis, unlike you, who appears to be incapable of talking out of any orifice other than your ass.
their best never got them any success in the playoffs. mannings best won a superbowl. so you tell me what the higher ceiling is buddy? your statements are anti eli. its ok, if i was in boston i would dislike eli as well brady has plenty more, so i dont see why you're so bitter.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #89
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
their best never got them any success in the playoffs. mannings best won a superbowl.
Eli Manning was part of an SB Champion. There was also a great defense, a powerful running game and a quality receiver care. Manning wasn't a Pro Bowler, he was average in the regular season with a 70-something passer rating. He played well enough for them to win but that does not mean that he was the reason they won. Do we now put Dilfer over Romo and Vick because he has a ring and they don't? Are we going to now rate Manning and Dilfer over Dan Marino? Cut the crap.

Quote:
so you tell me what the higher ceiling is buddy? your statements are anti eli. its ok, if i was in boston i would dislike eli as well brady has plenty more, so i dont see why you're so bitter.
There you go again ignoring the things I actually said. Try reading and thinking before typing. I'm not in the mood to be trolled by an idiot.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #90
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Eli Manning was part of an SB Champion. There was also a great defense, a powerful running game and a quality receiver care. Manning wasn't a Pro Bowler, he was average in the regular season with a 70-something passer rating. He played well enough for them to win but that does not mean that he was the reason they won. Do we now put Dilfer over Romo and Vick because he has a ring and they don't? Are we going to now rate Manning and Dilfer over Dan Marino? Cut the crap.

There you go again ignoring the things I actually said. Try reading and thinking before typing. I'm not in the mood to be trolled by an idiot.

Are you trying to say Eli is Dilfer and Vick/Romo are Marino??? For your sake I hope not.

BTW idk why in the world Dilfer is compared to Eli really. And alot of ppl use this false comparison to discredit Eli as a QB when everything says otherwise.

Dilfer was nowhere near the QB Eli is, nowhere near and as good as the Giants defense was in 07, it was not nearly as dominant as the 2000 Ravens D. The 2000 Ravens D was an all-time defense belonging the in the same breath as the '85 Bears and the '86 Giants. For his whole career, Dilfer was a straight up game manager.

The Ravens defense did in fact singlehandedly win that game. Dilfer completed less than half his passes for only 150 yds and a TD.

Dilfer was responsible for only 7 out of the 34 pts the Ravens scored in that game.

Eli completed more than half his passes for 250+ yds and 2 TDs which btw were 14 pts out of the 17 the Giants scored against the Pats including the thrilling game-winning drive at the end.

Dilfer never passed for even 3,000 yds in his 14 yrs while Eli has thrown for 4000+ twice already in his 8 years in the league.

Most TDs Dilfer's thrown was 21 while Eli's is 31. Dilfer's career passer rating was 70 while Eli's so far is 82.

Dilfer has averaged under 200 yds per game his whole career except 05 while Eli has averaged 250+ the past 3 years and has never averaged under 200 yds per game except his rookie year.

Dilfer has 295 big plays (20+ yds) 14 yrs while Eli has 369 in half the time.

Ppl get this false notion that the Giants defense was solely responsible for the 07 SB run when it was in fact Eli's near-flawless play in the 3 games throughout that postseason run capped off by a spectacular 2 min game-winning drive in the big game.

The defense deserved most (but not all) of the credit for the SB win but it was Eli's hot streak that got the team there in the first place.

Had Eli not been a Manning, and had not pulled the Giants-Chargers trade fiasco, I have a feeling most ppl would see this guy as a damn good QB.

Last edited by ClutchOver9000 : 11-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: